Protecting the Ancient Past

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Protecting the Ancient Past

Post by Eli »

Eli shakes off the hits like a seasoned warrior and quickly looks about, taking up a perimeter spot to keep an eye out for threats. He removes his crafting tools from his belt begins fixing his armor while those with skills begin doing their things to figure out where we go next.
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

Gondowon, having traveled in first and acclimated to the damage slightly before the others, quickly moves to catch Morgause as she staggers. He begins coursing healing energy through his limbs into hers, hoping to alleviate some of her pain and remove a portion of her injuries. **OOG Starting Healing / First Aid if relevant. However, if I should wait on posting mechanical actions, I will, and this portion of my narration can be thought of as fluff.**

"Monsters? Those were something I didn't see as I passed through... I'd always wondered if there was anything living in the space between space, but I suppose this confirms it."

The sage turns to the others, assessing each of their injuries.

"Everyone, line up here so I can make repairs to your armor and heal you. First priority goes to those who have been hurt directly. Second to those with lighter forms of armor. After that, I'll handle the larger suits."
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

Khorvalis sees Gondowon catch the Seer. He let's out a sigh of relief. Seeing the last of the party emerge from the gate, Khorvalis attempts to peer into the portal to get a glimpse of the so-called monsters, but to no avail. The magic of the gate abruptly ends and the portal seals shut.

"My eyes must be failing me, for I did not see any creatures as we stepped through the shadowy realm. But I must assume that Morgause is correct, for she is blessed with sight beyond sight... an invaluable gift of her Valkin'vi bloodline."

Khorvalis looks at his armor and the signs of claw marks that riddle it. He pays them no mind as his attention is focused on the safety of the others.

"Is everyone okay?" The old Ga'vin asks his companions.

Seeing Gondowon tending to Morgause's wounds, the old druid limps to his crewmate's side and places his gnarled, scarred hands over Gondowon's armor. They begin to glow with the warmth of sunlight. [Repair]

"It looks like Talus too encountered the monster's Morgause has seen. The darkness and shadow have always been a hideaway for things of evil."

As Talus's dents and scratches are repaired by Khorvalis' magic, the glow from his hands reveal a worried look in his eyes.
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Nellie gasps and shudders as she makes it to the other side, eyes a bit wild looking. "No, not dark magic. Those were probably Baku that were driven mad by their eons captivity in the spaces between. As for not making dumb decisions... just try to watch out for each other."

She goes about checking her armor, calming in the near meditative motions she makes. She frowns and proceeds to strip off a tattered vambrace that she then throws over to Gondowan for repairs. "I've got another scroll that can take us back to Brennondale in a similar manner as how we arrived here, but it requires a gate to anchor it. Should I fall, take it, fall back to Gateway's Gate, and use it." She takes out her map and said scroll, marks down the position of the Gate and folds the scroll inside before tucking it back away in her hip pouches. "In the meantime, those who need to rest - I'm going to scout the area to orient ourselves and figure out how to get to the Hall from here. Anybody that can help is welcome to join me."

She proceeds to wander beyond Eli's post, muttering beneath her breath as she slowly takes in the surrounds, trying to spot any landmarks she can remember or a high place to get her bearings, weary of going too far from the others but at the same time leaving tree climbing as a last resort.

(OOC: Scout, 1 level plus map.)
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

-After a short time the group is rested and repaired, ready to tackle the travel ahead. The forest is deciduous, temperate, with old oaks and maples dominating the landscape. They rise high above the heroes, providing ample shade from the noon sun. The underbrush isn't too thick, predominantly ferns and berry-bearing bushes.

The birds are alive and well, singing away in the canopy. Insects buzz and zip around, with the occasional biting fly finding its way between the plates of someone's armor. There isn't a road in sight, not a well-worn path nor any signs of non-animal activity. Just pure unadulterated wilderness.-
IF YOU HAVE SCOUT
This is certainly a tricky bit of business, finding out where you've just been dumped. But with your keen senses and sense of direction you surmise you're in the forest Southeast of the city of Gateway. It shouldn't be too long of a walk.
IF YOU HAVE WILDERNESS SURVIVAL
Oh what a lovely forest this is. Vibrant and teeming with life! But you know the forests are home to other powerful denizens, predators of various shapes and sizes. You're pretty sure you can help make things easier and avoid them on the trip to the city of Gateway. You may even be able to speed up the trip.
IF YOU HAVE A MAP
Hey look! That just might be the peaks of the Crescent Mountains to the West! You're probably in the forest east of that, which means you're Southeast of Gateway!
***HEAD COUNT! How many of you have Wilderness Survival or Scout?***
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

***OOG - Khorvalis has Scout and Wilderness Survival.... plus he's gonna do his Druid thing and try to talk to animals for any information about the area and its inhabitants***
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Kolvar Syntrell
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kolvar Syntrell »

After passing through the portal and the rush of sheer energy that comes with it. Kolvar takes a brief moment to make sure the sheathed sword is not damaged. As soon as that is taken care of he looks around to see where the others are and aid whoever needs it most, making mental notes of his experience to be jotted down in journal for later.

After scanning the other's Kolvar pairs up with Eli. "Do you see anything?"
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgause »

After some time, Morgause regains some of her strength.

"Thank you, Gondowon," the Seer stands up. "You are truly a gentleman."

Morgause sees Nellie consulting her map and the rest of the party readying themselves for the next part of the journey.

"Those are Baku, you say? I have glimpsed into the future and that is not the last time we will be encountering those creatures. They will be waiting for us."
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
Gondowon T. Falbor
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gondowon T. Falbor »

Gondowon looks at the group, a wary expression on his face. "If there really are monsters haunting us from between worlds... well I'm not looking forward to our near future."

The sage then begins watching the others' movements as they navigate the wilderness, reminding himself of similar techniques he'd read about in some long forgotten tomes. **OOG: Mimicking Scout**
"The road an adventurer walks has no destination, yet they reach places no one else can dream of reaching." - Gondowon Tedra Falbor
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Without taking his eyes off of scanning for danger Eli replies to Kolvar, "no, nothing. It seems a little too quiet for what I was expecting."

(OOG none of those fancy non-killing stuff skills are contained in the brain of Eli, such as scout.)

Eli takes up a flank as the party moves out following Nellie's lead.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kolvar Syntrell
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kolvar Syntrell »

"No happy endings begin with 'It's too quiet... let's keep our eyes open.' Kolvar shifts his rusted blade from the reverse grip in his left hand to his right hand. "Nellie, dear.... where are we headed?"
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

"I can't be certain that's what they were, but that's my best educated guess," she replies absently to Morgause's question. "And yes, if you decide to use the scroll to go back to Brennondale, you'll most likely encounter them again."

Nellie grins, jogging up to Gondowan to retrieve her repaired vambrace. After putting it back on, she points Northwest. "Gateway should be that way. It won't take us long to get there, I don't think. Then from there we'll head towards Breaker's Ridge. The entrance to the Hall is south of there."

"Now remember," she starts, as she leads the way. "I believe the ones controlling the Doom Worm to be from a dishonored clan of Dwarves. So be wary of any Dwarves you meet while we're here. Though there may be some of the Ironfather clan still about in the area, as some of them were helping me in repairing the Hall."

Hearing Eli and Kolvar's exchange, Nellie chuckles. "Ever since the Heroes of Haven visited here nearly a decade ago to deal with The Master, most of the area's surface problems were dealt with. After the last battle against The Master, King Korrigan made arrangements to make this area along with Susspin and the Corsair Isles protectorates to the Kingdom of Haven." She pauses in her history lesson, head tilting to the side in consideration. "Though considering there were reports in Blackwatch that the Gavin army was attacking every known stronghold, don't be surprised if Gateway has sustained some damage. I didn't pay that much attention to the war map in Korrigan's audience chamber when I took the Portal Nexus back to the castle, focused as I was on remembering his orders to bring back to the rest of you at the time." She sighs in regret. "I hope Brandybrook managed to make copies of it. This could be the first major war to be accurately chronicled since the formation of Haven." She perks up, craning her head to look over her shoulder at those following behind. "Speaking of which, for those of you that were part of the battles, you might want to stop off at a Brandybrook branch and have them record your version of events."
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

Nods to Nellie, "Sounds good. Let's get this moving. I've the strangest feeling time is slipping past rapidly and we need to hurry to our objective. It must be hanging around with the non-elves.

Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgause »

Morgause's eyes squint painfully upon hearing Eli's comment.

"Speak for yourself, elf..."
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

"Now, now... now."

Khorvalis interrupts the Seer, trying to deflect any confrontation that might ensue.

"Personally, I enjoy the company of those from different races. Our strength lies in our diversity. We will reach our destination soon enough."

The old Ga'vin smiles at Eli and Morgause as he hobbles by them. Khorvalis soon catches up with Nellie at the front of the party.

"But Eli is correct, we should make haste. We wouldn't want to remain in this unknown forest too long. Who knows what creatures call this wood, home."

Khorvalis peers over Nellie's shoulder to peek at the map.

"Ah, I see now where we are... My dear friend, we should turn at that white pine over there," Khorvalis points to a towering conifer about one hundred yards ahead of them.

"If we follow the dried up creek bed beyond it, we should be able to cut some time from our journey." [Wilderness Survival]
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind