Weekly Raffle Feb 26th - Mar 3rd

Blah, blah, blah.

Moderator: Admin

GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Weekly Raffle Feb 26th - Mar 3rd

Post by GM-August »

Welcome to the Final Haven Weekly Raffle!

This weeks question centers on justice!
If your character could create one law that would be upheld across all the land, what would it be and why? What would the punishment be for breaking that law?
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Weekly Raffle Feb 26th - Mar 3rd

Post by Ark »

"the law of gravity, the punishment for breaking it would be you get hurled into the air."

real answer:

"every month people would have to undergo a form of interrogation (as the skill) and answer a few various questions: do you plan on or have you stolen anything, do you plan on or have you killed anyone, do you plan on or have you committed acts of forced world domination, do you plan on or have you caused any deliberate chaos, do you plan or have you broken any laws, etc."

"those who fail this "Phsycho Pass" suffer punishment befitting the crime, from reparations to death, those who do not participate in the "Psycho Pass" for various reasons are designated as capture alive on sight to undergo it or death if they attempt to avoid it / flee."
Last edited by Ark on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Nellie takes a quaff of ale before squinting blearily at you. "Nell's Law would be the proper preservation of written and oral knowledge. I'm sure adventurers find it fun to go after mysterious crumbling one-of-a-kind tombs and scrolls, or finding that single legendary former hero, but work would be so much easier if I could reliably read or listen to what I need to in a quick manner. Punishment would be temporary curses of loss of hearing or illiteracy, depending on which type you didn't properly preserve."
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Khorvalis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Khorvalis »

“I would be overjoyed if all would follow this law: ‘Treat all life as if it were your own.’ However unrealistic this aspiration might be, an old man can still hope, can’t he? I am well aware that there are many selfish and self-centered men and women in this world. But I pray that these poor souls will one day see the Light. As for a punishment for mistreating a life, I cannot fashion a proper answer at this time. Your questions are growing more tiresome, I’m afraid. The making of laws is best left to righteous bureaucrats and their ilk. These are the laws of Man. Let them also devise just punishments for those who break the law. For an old soul such as myself, I am content to follow Natural Law and the philosophy of the Sun.”
~Khorvalis~
Druid of the Redwind
Hierophant of the Circle of the Sun
Follower of the Light and Keeper of the Sacred Flame

"Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
Morgause
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgause »

“I would pass a law making it illegal to kill, enslave or otherwise harm a member of the Valkin’vi race, without justifiable reason of course. Those breaking this law would face the consequence of trial by lightning. The weakest of shocks summoned by a Valkin’vi justicar as punishment for those committing the slightest of crimes against one of my people… up to the most powerful and deadliest strokes of lightning for those guilty of a capital offense.”
"I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars."

Lady Morgause - The Winter Witch
Daughter of the An'Irri & Oracle of the Weather Tradition
Chamberlain of the Guild of Seekers
Juicifer
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Juicifer »

"The laws of the land should protect love; To allow anyone to love another regardless of race, age or whatever. If one person loves another, no one should prevent them from being together. To break this law would find that transgressor imprisoned for a just amount of time, until their debt is paid or the lovers slighted have forgiven them for their ignorance."
Vivac
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Vivac »

"My law would be against theft. Those who steal must work in the fields for a period of time, the minimum is one month."
Mahto Snowbringer
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Mahto Snowbringer »

"Freedom is, and will always be, man's most valuable gift. Given the chance I would construct this government from the ground up to provide more freedom to the people. Ask Zandron of the old elvish empire and he will tell you the dangers of a government too large, too powerful, to be contested...However, since you have asked me of one law I will say this: 'laws' should impact the government more than the people, the right to disagree, the right to fight, the right to offend, these are rights that, whether you be king or pauper, should not be taken away. I think a document should be laid out, giving these rights to the people and if the royalty breaks them...the people will keep them accountable...and the other way around...
Mahto Snowbringer:
Commodore of Haven's Royal Navy
Commandant of Haven's Marine Force
Leader of The Savage Phoenix Tribe and their village of Dar’dakous
Captain of "The Chimera"

“Fortune Favors the Brave."
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

Congratulations MAHTO SNOWBRINGER!
  • the Winner for the Final Haven Raffle Feb. 26th-Mar. 3rd!
With 17 participants, MAHTO SNOWBRINGER has won 25 RP!
Remember folks, if you don't post, you're not entered into the raffle!
Tomorrow's question is a bit different. I'll give you a scenario, and you tell me what you would do. First up is a classic FH tale where YOU get to make the call...