Reunited ("Action is the sole..." Read Disclaimer)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Janus
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Reunited ("Action is the sole..." Read Disclaimer)

Post by Janus »

Janus eyes the golems standing behind Abaddon through half-closed lids. He pats his own, as if reassuring it.

"Notify me if there's anything that ought to be crushed," he intones. His voice is flat and distracted, as if coming from very far away.

[still concentrating on Control Monster]
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

*Kaylan turns to the other Havenites*

" I have only seen into a few rooms and none have been searched in depth. Doing so might also reveal some information."
Last edited by Kaylan Chargeender on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

"Lhaewan no longer has a head. A pity, as much more information is warranted. However, time *is* a factor." Alinar indicates the chaos around them as the coin-afflicted denizens of the tent continue to desperately offer items, clothing, and flesh to their perceived master. "He must be burned immediately."

"The scroll room in the sixth chamber certainly deserves a thorough search, while I'm certain the other rooms would benefit from an overview, as well. In the meantime, Abaddon, I do require Kami's healing services."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Gents, if you would not behead the evil mastermind in the future. It just makes work." Abaddon says.

"Do we want to bring him back to the land of the living or should I just destroy his soul?"

The man in the mask of shattered glass nods to kami.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

*Kaylan's lips draw into a thin line when he hears the wizards question*

"If not for the current circumstances I would say restore him and let the elves punish him for what he has done, but his body must be burned to free the victims. Unless you can get your answers, burn the body to break the spell, and THEN restore him to face his punishment, we don't have much choice. then again as I understand it, if he doesn't wish to return...we cannot force him.
I say learn what we need and burn him."
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"If we try to rez him and fail I can always resort to a little necromancy. The good about the dead is that they can't fight you."
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

The golems slowly melt, even the ones controlled. The gold leeches out of them, as if spent on the magic, turning them into grey lumps.

All attempts to bring Lhawean back to life fail. Perhaps he no longer wishes to return. Perhaps his spirit fears retribution. Or perhaps his body is just too damaged…

Lhawean has several pouches. Searching him reveals 6 of the elven coins, plus a large quantity of gold, gems and trinkets once belonging to the other merchants, which in time you return. It takes a while, but with the wood elves’ help you are able to search the tent. Buried in a bag of coins on a table you find the last 2 of the elven coins. Immeral and Zini arrive with a chest containing what they had gathered, plus the one discarded at the mine entrance, making 18 coins total.

“That’s all of them,” says ZInni, looking around. By now Grymthor and the Watch have arrived, and they, along with the servants here, restrain the merchants, stopping them from doing anything foolish. Someone has pulled Ondyaw Diamondsmith out of Lhawean’s trunk by now and tied him up just to keep him from jumping back in…

In one of the adjoining rooms you discover Ruinor inside a wardrobe, unconscious and tied up. Besides his injured pride, he is otherwise alright. The pompous elf is outraged at Lhawean’s betrayal, though more so because he was played the fool than out of concern for anyone else, you suspect...

After a time Bregolon comes out of the time-stop he was under. You are worried at first that he might start protecting Lhawean again, but he just balls his fists. “What have I done?...” he mutters and hangs his head in shame.

You quickly build a funeral pyre for Lhawean’s body. Abaddon aids the wood elves in disenchanting the elven coins, just to be sure, and Immeral –the wood elf with the staff- insists on adding them to the pyre. “They should burn with the rest. Nothing should remain; this way, no one else will be hurt by them again.” He then turns to Dakkon. “It appears our initial tangle in the market was good after all, though you have my apologies for your injuries. It brought aid. I’m grateful to all of you. And you, dark elf; it galls me to say, but you fight well. A pity our kind cannot get along. If elf cannot at least acknowledge elf, despite our differences, what hope is there for everyone else?” He scans the remains of the battle. “Hatred runs deep…I think trust will be hard to return, but it will. The Merchants' Council will go on.”

You put the coins in with the logs beneath the body, and Faust lights it up with magic, hot enough to burn even metal.

The merchants slowly recover, ashamed at their behavior. In time, the Merchants' Council meeting will resume, and you will all be invited in thanks.

For now, Bregolon watches the blaze. “I feel it receding. All those years I spent serving him. That compulsion to give. I thought a life of service an honorable thing. Was I wrong in that? What do I do with my life now?”

He ponders a moment. “Sylvia should be sitting down to dinner about now. Maybe I’ll join her. Who knows the number of times she’s invited me, but I’ve always been too busy. They say a good meal often helps sort things out. Hopefully, they’re right...”

So ends the adventure of the "Cursed Coins" (though feel free to continue roleplaying with each other on your way back, etc.).
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

*Kaylan tosses the 6 of the elven coins aside on the ground, careful not to touch them. When the other two are discovered in the found gold coins, he asks Dakkon, as this was his mission from the start, to count and divide the coins into 10 shares; and then to see that the seven Havenites that aided him, himself, Bregolon, and Grymthor his men all each get one share for effort and reparations. Kaylan asks Dakkon that if any merchants offer rewards for the rescue that such is included in the division if its coin, and to let Kaylan know if any offer items so that they can be offered to group members or sold so the proceeds can also be divided up.

The grizzled warrior watches as the gold of the golems decays to sludge and the old Valkyn' Vi tries drawing the elf back or prying answers from him to no avail. He shakes his head as he aids where he can in building the pyre, assists the merchants to recover and re organize, and to return the stolen goods to the victims. While doing so Kaylan tries to find Memee and help her to her sister.

The old warrior consoles Bregolon as best as can be done, trying to convince the half elf that his actions were likely rarely his own and the blame is not his to shoulder; and If he feels he needs to make amends, his is now finally free to do so.

Kaylan addresses the gathered Havenites, once most of the chaos has been cleared*

"Dakkon I thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I greatly appreciate the efforts of everyone that aided Dakkon and myself. I have asked Dakkon to ensure any treasure and reward is divided evenly and will aid him to ensure that you are all compensated fairly."

*Kaylan exits the tent after the council meeting, makes a few rounds in the market before heading back to the tavern and inn.*
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Faust
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Faust »

Faust shrugs at his peer's comments "You have your methods, and I have mine."

He paces over to Janus, and pats him on the shoulder. "Sorry my friend, I know you wanted one...Gondowon is going to be so jealous that we even got to interact with one of them."

Finally he ignites his hands once more. He pushes his will forward and lights the pyre aflame. The magic flame burns blue but as each magic coin ignites and burns the heart of the fire sparks green.

For once Faust isn't smiling. His eyes are heavy and pensive as he looks at the flames, eyebrows furrowed.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

((Brad, thanks again for your efforts and for taking this rag tag band on a ride on your imagination roller coaster!))
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

**ths was a nice a nice change from the normally dead forums.*

Janus, Have you heard of the wzards guild? Our folk are rare and we need to stick together.
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

Dakkon turns to the group, "I am thankful that you accompanied me on this, because now I realize that I certainly could not have done it alone." he pauses "I am also grateful that you were willing to trust me instead of simply killing me for my pointy ears and dark skin..." he chuckles softly "I am willing to stay in the Wildlands if you are willing to have me. I feel my skills would be very useful to everyone. On that note, is there anyone who needs healing? Or perhaps more things that need killing?" he says the last sentence with a toothy grin.

Dakkon turns to Kaylan, "Of course I will divide the coins we found, everyone will receive the same share, I trust that is acceptable?"

*After confirmation (assuming it happens), he begins diving the coins into 10 even piles*

(( OOG: Thanks a ton for running this, Brad. Like Travis said, it was a welcome change from the normally dead off-season forums :) Also sorry I disappeared for a while there ))
Xil Zymasi, Crew of the Red Wind // Dakkon Wrynn, Dark Elf Outcast

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

((OOC: I'm back! ... and it looks like this ended. Phooey. Sorry, got busy/distracted for a bit there))

During the battle with the golems, the Valkin'Vi woman lingers off to the side. She watches Abaddon, ready to aid him if he were to be injured. When Alinar takes a hit, Abaddon looks to her, and the Valkin'Vi woman nods. She attempts to move in, but several of her chosen paths have been made too dangerous to pass due to the battle in the confines of the tent. It is not until the battle had concluded, was she able to safely reach Alinar. Almost as soon has his words are spoken of needing healing, Alinar feels the Valkin'Vi's hand upon his shoulder and the warmth of the pulses of her healing magic light. She stays with Alinar until his wounds are completely healed, then without acknowledging Alinar, she walks away to stand in her normal place behind Abaddon.

If Dakkon or Kaylan try to offer her coins from the battle as a reward, she will tilt her head slightly to the side and will appear somewhat confused through her normal expression of sadness. She does not extend her hand to receive the coins.

((OOC: Thank you very much for running this Brad. I'm glad I was able to get in on this one as I was sad I wasn't able to with the last. You know.. we have another month before the one day... I'm up for another online adventure! :wink: ))
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

Alinar makes sure to catch Immeral before they part ways. "Your investigations and efforts enabled Lhaewan's scheme to be thwarted. Without your diligence he would likely have succeeded - a least for awhile - and wrought untold damages."

"However, be mindful that the Kingdom of Haven now governs this land. Should you have issues involving its settlements or people, please bring them up first with a Haven representative such as the good Captain, here. An amicable solution will be more likely and readily achieved."
Janus
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Janus »

Janus nods to Abaddon, "I have heard little of the guild, but I am curious to know more." He looks sidewise to Faust, then back to the ancient Valkyn'Vi.

"Ever do I seek ways to practice and improve my powers. Please, magus Abaddon, tell me more." There is a glint of excitement in his eyes.