Thread of tough love and abuse #5 potions

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Thread of tough love and abuse #5 potions

Post by Ark »

why do we have a basic potion anyone can get that completely negates (not even a resist) a master level ability? all for the cost of 20 character points.

I am of course talking about Strength of the Defender and it making crush normal damage, the fact that it also gives you press (another 20 points) is just fantastic.

this really needs to be changed either turned into a resist, or outright removed from the potion.

if not can we at least have some potions that deal with other master abilities? I find vorpal to be annoying and would love a basic potion to negate that, and perhaps one that allows us to bypass resist magic? im sure empaths would love that!

the reason I bring this up now is I was hoping it would have simply been fixed by now, but rogue is still around to so eh.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Thread of tough love and abuse #5 potions

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

crush inst a master level ability, its a level 4 discipline skil. big difference.
I also find it odd that it adds press and isnt an advanced potion, and I always have several.
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Thread of tough love and abuse #5 potions

Post by Ark »

not really going to argue because the level 3 and 4 skills are a disciplines defining skills, and I feel bad that someone's final discipline ability (and a few level 3's) are being completely negated, not resisted but completely negated, by a basic level potion anyone and everyone can pick up for 20 character points, as I said the fact that it gives press is a bonus. I believe taki said spells have to pay for there versatility, but I guess the same does not apply to potions :(

as a power gamer that has this potion, and forces a lot of people in my circle to take this potion I do hope from a character perspective that it does not change and I can continue to abuse the crap out of it. but as a person that cares a lot about balance I cannot help but raise concerns over under tweaked and broken mechanics.

either outcome some side of me will be happy and disappointed :P
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.