The Trek Begins Again (The Rest of the Group)

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Annika
Town Member
Town Member

The Trek Begins Again (The Rest of the Group)

Post by Annika »

*As everyone shuffles out the back door and follows Annika those who turn to look North toward the Bear Riders see smoke tendrils beginning to rise. As you work your way up a hill you see flames rushing across a hillside in the distance near the Ancient Ruins. They arc around and meet each other in a curved wall of flame, another straight wall streaking down. Suddenly you realize that the flames are in the form of a giant 'P.' Annika looks back and tells everyone to hurry.*"

Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"No circle... and Annika leads them... Perhaps they are still my penance. A truth I shall soon discover."

*Dallid looks at the nearby guards, as they do not seem to wish to detain him, he takes off after the other Havenites*
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Claude du Sinjin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Claude du Sinjin »

*Claude looks back and upon seeing the flames begins to mutter to himself.... "Oh hell no... not dying like that again" He quickly doubles his efforts and begins running faster, yelling for the others to do the same.*
"The knight... is down."

Claude the Expired
Black Knight of the True Dragon
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Follows Claudes orders, but makes sure Donovan also comes with*
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Runs along side Corbyn swords out just in case in the hope of being able to protect him. Using her abilities to spot problems as a scout as they run.*

*When she sees the "P"*

Pentag., Drake was right for we both had a feeling after compairing notes.

Drake....

*Kidwynn remains silent and watchful until the group comes to an area where they can catch their breaths for a moment.*
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.
Neshca
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Neshca »

*Neshca gets the crew to follow and off wing form to Robin's lead. He notices the "P" and shakes his head. *

"I told you las it was a dead trap here. It was also a test of us all and we failed with great pride. Not one of us made the grade in this one. "
And what is he greatly thought , he nobly dared.
by Homer
Midnight
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Midnight »

*Midnight retrieves her bow after the confrontation dissapates, but hesitates about going into the outpost, glancing between Dallid and Corbyn. She doesn't make up her mind before the circle falls, and seems relieved to have not had to choose. She begins the trek back to Haven with the rest, shadowing Don Mayo as always*
Corbyn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Corbyn »

*uses potions to get Drake, Curufin, and Donovan functional, then makes sure they are all armed.*

Annika, are you leading us from these lands or to our deaths?

*detects lie on her answer*
Corbyn Gravesbane
Lord High Cavalier
The Hand of Woodhold
Elder of Final Haven
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Arthos

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos comes out of the woods running up to the Lord Corybn*

I have tried to track Gideon down and called to him to come home. If he has heard my calls he will be coming with us. He is brother to me as we are of the same wolf pack. Do not worry for him, he is a survivoir and he has many friends in these woods.

I will do what I can do to help with leaving this land.

*Arthos walks off picking up lose equipment and helping to carry any downed people. He shakes his head at the secne and has a sad look in his eyes*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Annika
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Annika »

*Annika hears the question, turns her face back quickly as she keeps the pace and turns back to bear her direction. She shouts back to Corbyn:*

"The moment I said what I did to Curufin, I have been trying to get you ALL out of harms way... this is all my fault and I couldn't bear for any of you to be hurt by my foolish mistake in bringing you here..."

*Annika continues to lead the pack south at a very quick pace.*
Curufin
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Curufin »

*Curufin, now back on his feet and walking under his own power, listens to what Annika has to say*

*speaks aloud, but softly and to seemingly no one, as if he is speaking to himself*

"Your words to me.......and interesting way to get us out of harms way, by forcing me to attack you."

*Curufin can feel the eyes of the entire group looking at him. He looks around at everyone*

"It was never my intention to fight anyone or hurt anyone. I hope you all know that. My quarrel was with Donovan and no one else. Yes, my words were harsh to him, but for good reason.

*Curufin looks down at the ground*

"None of you can understand the pain I feel."

*Looking up and addressing the party again*

"Lord Corbyn thought it best to continue the conversation in private. Donovan and I were in agreement. I can recall the three of us walking to the outpost on more than one occasion, to resolve this. But then things were said to me that I could not ignore. Not to mention the random appearance and disappearance of Roland, and the nest he stirred. I’m sure that many of you now possess different opinions of me. I am sorry. I wished no enmity with anyone here, but i felt like I was put in a situation with no choices. Had this been any other day...any day....this would have been no issue. But as Misfortune would have it, it was this day. I am sorry."

*Curufin looks around one more time, then at the ground*
Lost my train of thought.....
Nelkie
Town Member
Town Member

Walking

Post by Nelkie »

*Arthos moves to Corybn's side and listens to what he says shaking his head in agreement*

As you Command My Loard

*Arthos hands the extra equipment we was carrying and runs into the woods and is gone*
My Thoughts

Aaron
Ian_McAllister
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ian_McAllister »

*Ian Looks over at Curufin* "I will not speak for anyone here but myself, but I do know at least one other here that can feel what you feel and as for what happened I believe here is not the place to discuss it..perhaps when we reach your Haven"

*with that Ian makes sure Donovan can walk under his own power and proceeds with the group shield and sword in a ready position*
Your Knowledge cannot save you,
Your Magic cannot save you,
Nothing can save you!
Donovan Thynedar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Donovan Thynedar »

*Donovan stands, under his own power for the first time since being felled. He appraises the situation and speaks in a low, measured voice.*

"Lightstorm and my pouch... where are they?"
One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though ... betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.
Kidwynn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kidwynn »

*Lean over to whisper in Corbyn's ear, afterwords she turns to look at Curufin, fumbling over the words as if wanting to say something meaningful to him.*

If you need anything Curufin, just ask. Also, I am very sorry for your loss.

*Looks over at Kels, trying to get her mind back to the task at hand until the group finds a secure location to camp.*

Need me to go scout ahead?
Dead pirate betrayed by Corbyn...ah well least I made him do his own dirty work when he killed me.