Let the sane of mind not trod here!

Moderator: Admin

Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

My IP blocked?

Post by Torakhan »

I went to change some account details for myself and got this message:
Your IP 24.247.96.19 or your username N/A or your e-mail address N/A has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.stopforumspam.com/api?ip=24.247.96.19.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.
Now, I don't have a static IP, so it could be that the IP had been used before on that list, but it seems strange that I can post, but I can't update my personal details.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Kaylan Chargeender
Town Member
Town Member

Re: My IP blocked?

Post by Kaylan Chargeender »

Wow that message doesnt even sound very professionally crafted, was it the forum host that showed that message?
Sir Kaylan Chargeender
Knight of the Order of the Crimson Aegis
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

It comes up as an error message when I try to modify my account, but not when I go to post a message. I don't know why it would let a Spammer account post messages, but not modify their account... so maybe it's a bug?
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

I haven't had that problem, but probably 'cause I'm not a spammer like you. :lol:
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I am trying to figure this out, incidentally.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

I've sent StopForumSpam a request to remove my IP from their database.
Kayla
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kayla »

I haven't been on in a while, so apologies for missing this. Is the problem still happening? If so, I did some research in the logs.

You're being blocked by the barracudacentral.org list. You can file for removal here: http://www.barracudacentral.org/rbl/rem ... .247.96.19

We have 6887 pages of blocked spam IPs and registrations with 50 results per page (344,350 blocks!), so I'm sure a couple errors are in there.

I will play with the settings and see if I can whitelist you until you get removed from the blocklist.

Any questions, feel free to PM me!
Xil Zymasi, Crew of the Red Wind // Dakkon Wrynn, Dark Elf Outcast

Feel free to PM me if you have any forum/website questions/issues. I can take care of them for you.
Also, note that although my name is red, I am not a GM and therefore cannot answer logistical questions (such as rules) definitively. That said, I'll certainly try to help!