A meeting of the Managers

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Re: A meeting of the Managers

Post by Alinar »

"Abandon your culinary charge as lost." Alinar advises the Guthrie. "Leave it for the dogs - they'll appreciate it. Seems to me there's plenty more to be had free of dirt and footprints." He offers his hand (without hesitation, he notes to himself with pride), "Regain your footing and your dignity before another inebriated guest trips over you."
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

To Nellie

As she walks to Barry's bar, a slight tug on her arm made her pause. When she looked over her shoulder she came eye to eye with a black orb surrounded by the scars of a wrecked eye socket. The ratty black hair stuck up oddly over the mans head while the cloak he wore stood out oddly in contrast to the warm weather. He froze, staring at her like an Avyana lost in her own reflection.

After a moment, he shook himself and opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He closed it, and opened it again, this time able to produce a few words.

• Uhm, hi.
He winced as an angry Tsuonotaur strutted by as if he were expecting to be struck.
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

To Alinar

Olmen Waterfall shuffles by, heading to the bar to get a drink stopping only long enough to bow his head slightly and move on.

She sighs, looking at all the wasted yet wonderful food. The woman extends her ale and dirt soaked hand slightly, then retracts it with hesitation. After just a moment more, she stretches out her arm completely, a bit of sweetroll still stuck to her elbow. She closes her eyes tight for a moment and visible relaxes. She looks up into his eyes and smiles confidently.

• I appreciate the advice and the kind gesture. I am Edina Imarie Robyn Correta Devaney, but you may call me Devaney if you wish.
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Nellie, taking note of the wincing, softens somewhat in her previously impatient demeanor that the staring had stirred. The scars scare her not, she being immured to such sights being from a culture rife with warriors and their various battle wounds. As for the state of his hair, she's seen many a being unconcerned for their appearance among the scholars at Brandybrook Library. Though the cloak piques her interest somewhat - the heavier material suggests the man either originating from a place of cooler climes (such as underground, from the north, or even higher altitudes), as a wanderer who doubles its use as a bedroll at night when the temperatures have a tendency to drop, or as a man who has no place to keep his winter things and must then keep such things on his person at all times. While part of her would love to ask, she's not quite that rude.

"Good day to you, sir." She bows her head briefly in greeting. "Nellie Duncan at your service - though don't let Mr. Korrigan's praises go to your head. I know quite a few people better than I at the craft in which I merely dabble in, and despite how hard one tries, no one knows everything."

She cocks her head to the side with a wry smile. "So now that I've disabused you of the pedestal I've been foolishly placed on, might there be something I could help you with? Or is there something you'd rather talk to me about? Please excuse me if these are neither options you were considering - it just seems those two would be the most probable directions in which our acquaintance at this point would proceed."
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

"uh oh" was the only thing the wolf beast man could say as he watched his dog kin cousins fight over the ale. bringing the ale was probably not a good idea to begin with but he had forgotten he had been living with dwarves for the past few moons. he looked over at Fionna and Korrigan as if to say " i'm sorry" and then turned to the tussling dog kin puffed his chest out in a dominant fashion and howled letting the high note linger for a while before ending with a series of barks , chuff's, grunts and snarls that pretty much meant "LISTEN TO ME!!! I AM ALPHA!!!!"

afterward having not taken a drink from his own mug, rothek downed the whole thing in one gulp and brought it down (upside down just like the dwarves had shown him) with a thump with foam and excess dripping from the fur on his chin.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

Though used to the rabble kicked up by a band of drunken dwarves, Nellie claps her hands over her ears at Rothek's cries. When it quiets down once more, she looks apologetically at the man before her. "Perhaps we should take this outside to a quieter area?"
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

The portly man sighs with relief and extends his hand for Korigan to shake. "My name is Geofry Macontiff. Easy to remember just think bacontif with an m. He makes a little snicker seeming very pleased with his joke, composing himself he says "Well lets get to the terms. As I am sure you have heard Master Rafisto has been quite successful since you left Gateway. Quite successful indeed!" He cracks a big smile, then takes a bit of pastry he has in his hand, and then talking, almost merry. "Master Rafisto requires 1800 pounds of 'hard to get' ingredients." (oog 60 food). In exchange Master Rafisto is willing to provide training." He takes a drink of Ale.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Alinar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alinar »

"Devaney, then. A pleasure. I am Alinar Keletheryl." He clasps the Guthrie's hand, adjusting his grip so the slippery thing doesn't slip away as he pulls, and brings her to her feet. While doing so he meets Olmen's eyes for a moment and returns the nod. Decorum would dictate that he check on him - make sure he was alright given the exhaustion he was exibiting on the the stage. Save that Dwarven lore was full of warnings against questioning ones' stamina. Likely best to leave him be.

His attention returned to Edina. "You are uninjured, I hope?"
Marcus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Marcus »

Marcus pats the hand that Illodus placed upon his chest, and smiles comfortingly toward the woman.

I remember Eolum, though I guess that I didn't know him all that well. I really only ever spoke to him when he came to the forge to have Torgal repair tools for your house. Maybe once to buy a woodaxe, as well. I'm sorry to hear that you and your son lost him - that night was to full of grief for everyone.

As for Illund....I wouldn't worry for him. If he comes to me, I'll break things as gently to him as I can, and you can be sure I won't sugarcoat anything. He needs to keep being a child as long as possible. No matter what young boys will think, a life like the one I lead now isn't as glamorous as it would seem from the stories they hear. While someday I'm sure I'll take on a squire, I won't be taking him away from you any time soon, you can be sure of that.

As he talks to the woman, he keep an ear out for what is being said around the tent. As Fionna shows up, he smiles and waves to her.
-Evil always prevails when good people do nothing.

-All knight, every night.
Nellie Duncan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nellie Duncan »

(OOG: Will this RP thread continue, or will it fall to the wayside?)
--Nellie Duncan
Minister of the Interior
Master Sage
Master Craftsman
GM-August
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-August »

(This thread will continue shortly. Responses are being written and there will be some information posted here within the week. I apologize for the delayed response! The FH event weekend and holiday weekend have left very little time for posting in our busy lives. *grin*)