orphanage revisited.

Continue your adventures in Phanterra here! Want to gather a party to scout out that mineshaft full of undead? Want to figure out what the results wereof your destruction of the world-rotation device? Find out here!

Moderator: Admin

Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

orphanage revisited.

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

the boy took another look outside, it was beginning to snow again. it was warm inside and seeing that their father had abandoned them it had fallen upon him to look after becky.

so with a deep breath and a brave face he took becky's hand and lead her into the building.

"come on, there's got to be someone around here."

he said reassuringly to her as they walked in.
elgoain Onyx.

for i'm a rover, seldom sober
i'm a rover of high degree!
when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
how to gain my love's company.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The children move further into the building, the warmth of the fire in the nearby hearth causing the cold of the frigid air outside to become nothing but a quickly fading memory. They put their hands out to catch the heat, to chase the last bit of frost from their bodies, grateful for the reprieve. After a moment or two, the lack of greeting becomes curious. The room was littered with signs of frolicking children. There were toys, papers with drawings, dolls, food, mugs half-filled with water. There was everything they expected to see save the people. Stepping away from the hearth, the warmth lingered, more than could be explained by the simple fire, as if the heat from the many who reportedly stayed here still clung to the air, desperate to be...Felt. Or perhaps rather witnessed. Looking around the simple room, the children knew that had they not come to this place at that moment, the warmth would have been lost, possibly forever, along with any trace of the strange disappearance. It was like they were meant to be here, to do something....but what?
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

"hello?" he called in a more audible voice as they walked through the building.

Becky squeezed her brothers hand. "there's something here Matthew!, i can feel it. they want us to do something"

Matthew looked to his sister, he didnt quite understand her sudden excitement but although it was faint, he too could feel a presence

"whats here, who are they?"

Becky let go of his hand

" they do!! what do you want us to do?"

Becky called out as if trying to talk to the presence
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The air thickened, and there was an aroma of some kind, and then a taste, much like bitter almonds, invading the mouths of the two children. They looked at each other, wondering what was going on. And then the noises started. Gibberish, high in pitch, like a bunch of small girls in a made up language, swirling around the room, coming simultaneously from everywhere and nowhere. Beneath the gibberish, much quieter, much lower, another voice seemed to repeat the same two sounds over and over again, and although the two children believed that these sounds used the common tongue, it was not immediately clear what was being said. Knowing that those sounds, those words were immensely important, the children strained to block out the gibberish and focus only on those two sounds. When at last, the words became clear, parallel shivers ran up the spine of the children.

"Help us..."
Elgoain Onyx
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Elgoain Onyx »

although his sisters ties to essence were much stronger than his, the presence strong enough for him, though bitter almond taste was almost unbearable.

"Becky, who is they? he asked again.

"the other children!! they need our help! cant you hear them??"
Becky was inspecting every corner of the building now trying to pin point where the voices were coming from. she was gaining a gap between herself and her brother

Matthew was apprehensive about moving further into the orphanage now, but didn't want to lose sight of Becky so he quickened his pace to keep up with her with his hand near hers just in case he need to grab it for a quick escape.

"maybe we should come back with someone else like Mr. Dallid?"

he posed to his younger sibling however it was clear she was more interested in finding the source of the voice and presence.
elgoain Onyx.

when i'm drinkin'
i'm always thinkin'