Kanar All Hallows Event!

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

NPC Daniel
New in Town
New in Town

Kanar All Hallows Event!

Post by NPC Daniel »

Greetings all!

Sorry for the last-minute nature of this invite, but better late than never, right?! Thanks to the Staff for their permission to ask here!

For anyone who isn't ready to give up the atmosphere of the LARPing season as it draws to a close, please join me in participating in the Kanar All Hallows event this weekend! This is traditionally one of the two biggest events of the year for us, and this year is no exception. Jack-o-Lanterns, the turn of the season (falling leaves!!, crisp air, CIDER), some truly awesome people, and more undead than you can stomach (or braaiiiins) all await you.

I promise you won't be bored. It's free, too, if you are inclined to PC. Would dearly appreciate seeing you guys!

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Links:

www.kanar.org
http://forum.kanar.org/index.php?topic=2667.0;topicseen
https://www.facebook.com/events/157489354394099/
Actively pursuing a sense of LARP community, one event at a time.

"We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;—
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems."

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

"The knight's bones are dust
And his good sword rust;
-- His soul is with the saints, I trust."

- S. T. Coleridge
NPC Daniel
New in Town
New in Town

Post by NPC Daniel »

Bit of a sidenote; we did accidentally see fit to leave our two heater shields and a latex saber with boffer guard at the last event's NPC camp. If you are heading out our way, we are still trying to locate them :(

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

And his good sword rust;

- S. T. Coleridge
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Brad had the shields, as he was packing up Monster Camp. I think the saber is in the mass oc NPC weapons I have. I will see if anyone is headed out there, if not will you be at the winter haven event?
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

I work during the day, but I might be able to stop out at Kanar Saturday night for a few hours and drop the shields off. Brian, if you want to PM me your address, I can swing by and grab the sword from you too (you live on the East side, yes?).
It's the least we could do for you guys for taking the time to come out and NPC for us. Thanks again!
NPC Daniel
New in Town
New in Town

Post by NPC Daniel »

Phew, that would be great of you to do so. Sorry to say, I won't be able to make it to the Winter Haven event, I'll be at Youmacon for that weekend.

Cheers friends :)

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

And his good sword rust;

- S. T. Coleridge
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

Hey Daniel, hopefully you see this. I tried driving out there last night and couldn't actually find the place! My apologies. I don't know if my directions were wrong or what, but I must have spent a good 45 minutes driving up and down Plank rd to no avail. Anyway, clearly I did something wrong. If you see this, PM me and we can arrange another time for you to get your shields/sword. I can shoot for dropping them off at the November Kanar event, when I will hopefully know where the heck I'm going, or we can arranged another time sooner for you to get them if you need.
NPC Jeremy
New in Town
New in Town

Post by NPC Jeremy »

Hey Brad, I heard that there was a winter event you guys hold that was going to happen sometime soon, I don't think that Dan can make it but if it is some where a little closer to home I might be able to come out and NPC if you need it. Just let me know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

That event has not been scheduled yet, but we generally hold it late January/early February in the greater Lansing area

-Mike
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

Also, there is a WinterHaven event this coming weekend, Nov.2-4 (it's at a different camp, but, like Final Haven, it's out on the western side of the state, so I don't know if that's closer to you or not). You can see where it's located, etc., here:
http://winterhavenlarp.com/

If that's too far...I live in Canton, so if you're more Ann Arbor/Detroit-ish area based, we might be able to arrange some other way for you to get your stuff; let me know.
GM-Brad
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Brad »

I should mention, that if you're heading out to WinterHaven let me know. I won't be able to make it out there myself this weekend (sadly :() due to work, but I'll make sure someone gets your stuff from me to give to you, if you are.
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Robin is headed out there and she has to drive right by ya, maybe you could contact her and hand off the stuff...
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
NPC Jeremy
New in Town
New in Town

Post by NPC Jeremy »

Brad, I sent you a private message with my email an phone, if you could send me an email or give me a call, I think it would be easier to just come pick our stuff up.