Is this true? A question for the GMs and players.

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Well I called Mike to be sure, and you are not banned. People banned from our events are notified, we do not wait for them to just show up.

On that note in case anyone else is reading I am pretty gosh darn sure we have never nor will we ever ban a person from our LARP based on what someone else tells us about them. Heck WH and FH dont even up hold bans from one chapter to another. We have a pretty open policy.

And to be politically correct I will also say that I am not even saying Stark is lying as it is entirely possible that he discussed you at an event, and the GM's might have even responded in a way that he was under the impression that you were banned. The only decisions we make at a LARP event have to do with that LARP event. Long term policies are decided between events.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Not that I am such a fan of Stark that I desire to give his words validity, but I have been at 2 other LARPS(not FH/WH) where your name was brought up to the staff in this manner by people that had or were playing Kanar/CARPS to ask you not be allowed to play. When asked why, the staff was regailed with several long winded stories of drama and misconduct.
My ex wife and I were also "warned" about you before we attended the one Kanar event we played.
So it does happen. Most LARP staff are wise enough to make thier own conclusions about a player.
Grand High Chancellor of ROBUST UNPLEASANTNESS
...and the 11th commandment is:

"The stupid shall be punished!"
Leveer
New in Town
New in Town

Hmm...

Post by Leveer »

Well that is the rub, LARP like any activity that involves a lot of people will have politics. And with politics some people are popular in some crowds and some people are not. The problem is that you cannot allow an angry mob to decide for you who is going to participate and who is not.

Eric Stark for example is someone I could give you a huge rap sheet on, cheating on his own character file is probably the most blatant of them. But running plots where his NPC beat up the entire field for hours and hours would be another. But if he is a positive contributor to other games there is no reason he should not be allowed to play there.

I am sure that you can find a group of people who would rather that players from the group they don't get along with do not play in every large organization. It's true of Kanar, CARPS, the SCA, etc. Hell, it's even common in bowling leagues.

There was a time where I was the victim of a kind of coordinated defamation campaign, Eric Stark was one of the people who lit the fires and took up the pitchforks. But honestly the biggest problem they had with me is that I did not play along with their elitist clique's way of doing things, and I pointed out the things they were doing wrong. Some people are socially untouchable. Nobody dares to speak out about them for fear of the attacks on their real life character it will bring. In less flowery terms, when someone is full of shit, I call them on it. Even if they are popular. People who thrive on that high school political scene hate it when you do that.

Some of the tales I have heard about myself that are accepted as gospel in those circles are in most cases not even possible, let alone true.

One of my favorites was the "firepit incident" wherein I had injured myself so I volunteered to put on an NPC sash and just watch the fire so other people could go play. Someone who dislikes me OOC was frothing at the mouth at the idea of being able to easily kill my character so he tried to attack me in character. I explained to him that I was not in character, and was just watching the fire so that the person who was tending it could go play. I had been sitting there for a couple of hours at this point.

Eventually this story was warped into me apparently being in combat and running to the firepit and declaring myself out of character. At the time I had a severely sprained ankle. So I was not in combat and certainly not doing any running.

There are other stories just like that one. But anyone who has studied propaganda or basic mud slinging politics understands the concept.

I have never in my time in LARP intentionally cheated, or hurt anyone. But to some people threatening their fragile egos with a real dose of the truth is enough.

Eric was part of a clique that considered itself the "in crowd" and therefore nobody would punish them for cheating. That is until I was the President of our Board of Directors and someone put proof in Eric's own handwriting of blatant cheating. And that was that. Eric then went to other LARPs, so it does not surprise me that in retribution he would try to ruin my reputation. That is pretty much par for the course with him.
Leveer
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Leveer »

Wyrmwrath wrote:Not that I am such a fan of Stark that I desire to give his words validity, but I have been at 2 other LARPS(not FH/WH) where your name was brought up to the staff in this manner by people that had or were playing Kanar/CARPS to ask you not be allowed to play. When asked why, the staff was regailed with several long winded stories of drama and misconduct.
My ex wife and I were also "warned" about you before we attended the one Kanar event we played.
So it does happen. Most LARP staff are wise enough to make thier own conclusions about a player.
Could you kindly tell me what these two other LARPs are so I can make similar inquires?
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

1) I was neither stating that the stories told about you were true, or that I had an opinion on them one way or another. Ive only LARPed with you once, and that was for no more than a few hours.
If you ask around you will hear how I am arrogant, egomaniacle, a cheater, opinionated, crazy, dishonest, and I would imagine the anti christ in some cases. I even admit to being blunt and very outspoken, even dickish at times when I feel its warranted. I can also direct you to people think VERY highly of me, mostly because they have earned the respect and treatment they get form me. I dont LARP to be popular or be social. I left that motivation behind in high school.
Its a paradigm that has made me unwelcome in more than one clique of Larpers. So I am familiar with the tales and how they can get blown way out of proportion form the truth; perceptions, even ones not based in any fact at all, have great influence on "people"
I have always felt a person is smart, peole are dumb.

Just so thats clear. I was simply stating what I know for fact, and that was that what Eric says is true to the extent that some players have gone to other LARPs to prevent your attendance. chris has stated that your not barred from Final Haven, I think its logical that is the same at Winter Haven (the sister chapter). Beyond that I wouldnt concern yourself with the matter with respect to FH/WH, especialy since I have heard that Eric has stated he will not be returning.
If your interested in trying FH, try to mak ethe one day on February 18th.

As for your other request I have PMed you to keep that off the boards.

GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Yeah no need to have discussions about each other publicly. The GM's know all and dont care or care if we have to have fun and peace be with you all unless it cant be
Chris
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

If you ask around you will hear how I am arrogant, egomaniacle, a cheater, opinionated, crazy, dishonest, and I would imagine the anti christ in some cases.
I think the anti-christ is giving you a little too much credit, but I can't argue with the rest :wink:

And yeah, what Chris said...Who am I kidding, no one knows what Chris just said. Anyway, we would never ban someone who has never played.

Mike
Wyrmwrath
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Wyrmwrath »

Mike,
I WAS born in June(6) of 1966 at 6:01 am.....thats alot of 6s.... just sayin.

Leveer
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Leveer »

Wyrmwrath wrote:1) I was neither stating that the stories told about you were true, or that I had an opinion on them one way or another. Ive only LARPed with you once, and that was for no more than a few hours.
If you ask around you will hear how I am arrogant, egomaniacle, a cheater, opinionated, crazy, dishonest, and I would imagine the anti christ in some cases. I even admit to being blunt and very outspoken, even dickish at times when I feel its warranted. I can also direct you to people think VERY highly of me, mostly because they have earned the respect and treatment they get form me. I dont LARP to be popular or be social. I left that motivation behind in high school.
Its a paradigm that has made me unwelcome in more than one clique of Larpers. So I am familiar with the tales and how they can get blown way out of proportion form the truth; perceptions, even ones not based in any fact at all, have great influence on "people"
I have always felt a person is smart, peole are dumb.

Just so thats clear. I was simply stating what I know for fact, and that was that what Eric says is true to the extent that some players have gone to other LARPs to prevent your attendance. chris has stated that your not barred from Final Haven, I think its logical that is the same at Winter Haven (the sister chapter). Beyond that I wouldnt concern yourself with the matter with respect to FH/WH, especialy since I have heard that Eric has stated he will not be returning.
If your interested in trying FH, try to mak ethe one day on February 18th.

As for your other request I have PMed you to keep that off the boards.
Seems we have quite a bit in common. lol
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

I feel this needs to be said...

Why didn't you address this issue to the GMs in private and instead choose to make a big drama-to-do about it on the boards?

Seriously something like this should be addressed to the GMs in private and it not be on public display. What was the intention here, to make Stark look bad? To make other people who know you from CARPS or wherever look bad?

Seriously, I fail to understand why put this out there on the board for all to read if not to create drama.

We all have reputations, it's the fact of life when dealing with a large group of people. People can say things about us that may or may not be true. I just believe if you are concerned if you were "banned" you should have talked to the GMs directly.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

sigh lets just close this off...
Chris