getting back to work.

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

getting back to work.

Post by Rothek »

:rothek pushed open the door to the inn and walked inside, he shook as he walked in letting out another disgusted snort in the direction of the castle where everybody was probably still arguing. he didn't understand the politics of haven, so none of it made any sense to him. In his tribe of the Howling fang, the strongest warrior was named Alpha, while the most intelligent was to be the den parent.

his tribe thrived on this. but here was very different, but he didn't want give it anymore thought. esmerelda said she would be back and he made a promise to Aeric that he would help in any way he could.

"you are needed here rothek"

those were the last words the man had said to the beast before he left. so here was where the beast would stay.

haven was not a bad place by any means in fact, rothek was starting to meet more of the towns people and they were getting used to rothek being around, since Korrigan had recently employed the beast as a means of security for the tipsy traveler.

so rothek had taken up a spot on the floor where he could see both entrances to Korrigan's establishment like he had done in the city of sands, he also occupied himself by working with what looked like small blue stones and a length of frayed twine.:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

They had hardly gotten settled back into town when Dallid had started going through the local towns to invite folks to the Castle to speak of the change in leadership. Quen had been there for the original anouncement and felt he was pretty much aware of the situation and had decided not to follow Korrigan off to the Castle. Besides, there was always work to do around the Inn and the workshop.

When Rothek came in, Quen was still sitting behind the bar, working on the lining to a piece of armor that seemed to be of decent quality, but he still had quite a ways to go before it would be completed. Each time someone would walk in, Quen just watched a bit and then looked back to his work. Business had been light over the last few hours, and the quietness had been pleasant on the hot and muggy day. The heat and humidity were part of why he wasn't at the forge today.

When Rothek entered and headed to his usual spot, Quen gave him the same nod he gave to everyone, before returning his attention to the work at hand--cutting the leather, pounding the rivets, and attaching the lining for comfort.
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Garritt walks in with a brace of rabbits hanging from each hand. He nods in greeting to Quen and Rothek

Hey, Quen. These were in my traps, and I figured they'd make good stew for later. Mind if I put 'em down in the kitchen?

(He looks to the armor and nods approvingly and goes over to lean on the bar and look over)

Hey, not bad....not bad at all. Been a long while since I wore plate.

(he shudders in mock disgust)

Ugh, I almost forgot about the sweat-suit you have to wear under it, just to stop all the damn chafing.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek was totally absorbed by his current project with the small blue stones and piece of string, anybody watching would notice how he was taking great care with the pieces he was working with, which was quite unusual for the beast. he wouldn't have looked up if not for the lingering scent of the rabbits garritt had in his hands. the beast looked up at garritt and nodded back to him:

"urrr good hunt. what stew?"

:the beast looked at garritt quizzically:
Rothek HowlingFang
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

At the Inn

Post by Torakhan »

Quen looks up and nods to Garritt. "If you lay them on the counter there, Sandy will take care of 'em. What are you looking for for them?"

He looked down to the project at hand. "Yeah, well... that's why I don't wear it, myself. But I make it to be as comfortable and as functional as possible. At least the Quality stuff. The Basic armor, well... it's pretty basic, but functional. You in the market for something?"
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
BarrytheBartender
New in Town
New in Town

Post by BarrytheBartender »

*Walking in from the back and picking up the kills begrudgingly*

"I'll take these in the back so Sandra can clean them and ready them for cooking.. Thank you kindly Garrit. Is there anything I can get you to drink I have a few brews ready for tasting?"
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

I don't need any payment for them, Quen. They're just rabbits. Gimme a bowl of anything Sandra makes from them, I'm happy.

As for armor...no I don't need anything, I'm just admiring. I prefer to travel light, these days, and I've got a set of leathers from a friend who passed in Avenguard that's been serving me pretty well these past what...three years now?

If you want any opinions, don't hesitate to ask, though. It may have been five or six years, but I know my way around armor pretty well. For instance, those roundels- those disks that are hanging off the front of the pauldrons that are supposed to protect the armpits? You can just leave them off. If you're making this for someone that is planning on wearing chain under the plate, they really aren't needed, and most of the time they just make too much noise as they hit against the breastplate.

(To Rothek)

The rabbits are for stew. You know, stew?. Cook them up with some vegetables, maybe another kind of meat, too, and serve it up to people in bowls.

(To Barry)

Sure, I'll give any prospects a taste. It's not like you're even going to hurt me very badly with a bad mistake, thanks to Rylls.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Looking tired, but deep in conversation, Fionna and Korrigan enter the Inn. Her basket is full, seems she was collecting again while they were out. She stops her conversation with Korrigan and looks to Barry behind the bar.

"Barry, while Korrigan and I were out, I picked up a few herbs. Thought you could use them. Some are great for flavoring, others, well, you might want to keep those in the alchemy lab you have set up in here and not in the kitchen. They might cause some nasty indigestion. I needed a few supplies for my own lab, so I thought I'd grab some for you guys here."

She hands Barry the supplies

"How's the wine? I don't need or want anything as strong as you guys gave me at the City of Sand, buy a nice glass of wine would be lovely."
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:although the beast hadn't a clue what garritt was talking about, it sounded delicious, so rothek nodded in understanding:

"sound good. what are vegables?"

:rothek's ear flicked again as the door opened and immediately he shot a glance at the door, the beast relaxed when he heard Fionna's voice and saw her walk in with Korrigan:

"hello korgan. hello fionna"
Rothek HowlingFang
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

"Hello Rothek."

She smiled at the beast man. Several years ago, the young one would have frightened her, but now she knew better.

"Rothek, these are vegetables." Having her his comment as she entered the inn, she pointed to the herbs and other plants in her basket.

Garritt and Rothek could be see that she was in a much better mood than she had been when she left the keep. Her time with the villagers and her collecting had calmed her nerves.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
BarrytheBartender
New in Town
New in Town

*pours a couple of different drinks for Garrit, about half-full glasses*

"The first one is a new recipe I am trying with some of the roots I found out in the City of Sand.. may be a little bitter. The second one is a local brew I have been trying to spice up a little."

*When Fionna and Korrigan enter.. a large full glass appears and is handed to Korrigan.. and once asked a small wine goblet is quickly filled*

"Fear not Fionna we do have some very light Elven wine for those not looking for the punch that many adventurers are. Also thank you for the herbs, they should come in handy for both Sandra and I."
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Quen was still working at the armor. He looked up and saw Fionna and Korrigan enter.

"So, how'd the announcement to the town go?" Quen asked, obviously not aware that anything so terrible as had happened had actually happened.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan takes the glass from Barry and proceeds to drain it. He then passes it back with a grin and an expectant look on his face. Taking a seat at the bar, Korrigan looks first to Barry and then to Quen.*

"I'll take another, Barry. And keep em' coming. I need to forget about that shit. That's about how good it went, Quen. It went for shit, but Lady Fionna here did real well and I think we'll weather the shit-storm."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Torakhan »

Quen wasn't ready for that sort of reaction. The whole thing had seemed pretty straight forward earlier. He takes a moment and looks back down to the armor he's working on and resumes working.

"Right then. Anything I need to be aware of?"
BarrytheBartender
New in Town
New in Town

*taking back the empty glass, filling it up and handing it back to Korrigan*

"SO what kind of problems are we looking at.. Red Tear agents perhaps, or just power hungry individuals... or something else I am unaware of being new to the area?"