Change in Leadership

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Dallid
Deceased

Change in Leadership

Post by Dallid »

Dallid travels about town letting everyone know there will be an announcement regarding a change in leadership occurring at the Keep. At the appointed time he stands in the courtyard and speaks to those assembled.

“Queen Esmerelda is with child. However, what should be a time of celebration has been sorely tainted by a curse that will take the child’s life at birth. As such, Esmerelda has taken up a quest to defeat this curse, and will be away for an unspecified duration. She has appointed Fionna to handle her duties in the meantime with the title of Regent. All other positions and titles remain unchanged at this time. As with anyone becoming the Voice of Haven, all citizens of Haven have a voice in accepting Fionna for the role. Personally I have complete confidence in Fionna. However, should any citizen have issue with Fionna serving as Haven’s top representative and central authority, they should make their case known presently, or within the next few days.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I gave my allegiance to Esmerelda, I would like to know where I stand with Fionna."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith watches Dallid's speech with interest, as Abaddon speaks Serith just shakes his head.

"That Depends on you...Where do you stand?"

*Serith crosses his arms and looks at Abaddon

"Are you for Haven and the Kingdom, or are your motives only self serving?"
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Francesco moves from his spot next to the gate towards Dallid and addresses those present

"I feel the reason Abbadon asks this question is because his previous agreement with the Esmerelda stated that he was welcome in these lands and was safe from unprovoked attack. Not that it hasn't stopped some from attempting to administer justice as they see fit even though the ruler of these lands has already done so."

"And I know that you had a part in it Serrith. A person who does good deeds cannot do evil and still expect the privileges of one who truly walk a righteous path for it cheapens their sacrifices. If you use those deeds as a get out of jail free card to exempt you from an evil act it is even more dishonest for you claim to the face of your peers that you are noble."

"But when their backs are turned and a convenient opportunity for power presents itself you slither forward like a snake to take it by any means necessary, trying to justify your actions with talk of 'The Greater Good'. You hide behind orders and claims of 'Permission'."

Francesco then turns to Abbadon

"And you gain the benefits of forgiveness but do offer restitution or seek penance for those you have wronged. You hide behind the decisions of your clan instead of humbling yourself before the people you have truly hurt."

"Do you fear you will appear weak? I will tell you that it takes true courage to stand before those who you have slighted in humility."

"But I believe you already know the consequences of not being forthright with those who have been wronged by your actions..."

After the long winded speech the old man appears out of breath. He nods his head in defeat, already knowing the responses that will come forth

"I have not the right to judge any of you...but I will strongly offer my outside perspective on what I see happening before me."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“An oath to Esmerelda was an oath to Haven. However, the Haven under Fionna cannot help but be somewhat different than the Haven of Esmerelda. Therefore, I would think forcing a uniform transfer of allegiance from Esmerelda to Fionna – or any subsequent ruler - would be unfair and dishonorable. In other words, while Esmerelda is not representing Haven, oaths made to her in regard to her office should be considered void. Oaths made to her, personally, yet hold.”

However, all within the realm of Haven are still subject to Haven law, as determined by its representatives.”

"Yours is a special case, Abaddon. Your pardon was dependant on your loyalty. As such, I would think your allegiance to Haven is still required."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey steps out from behind the growing crowd, and addresses all in attendance

I believe we should vote on who is to be the next leader of Final Haven. Let those who wish to run do so, and the people can decide for themselves who is to be their voice, with their own voice. I would like to know where my new leader stands on certain issues before we put all the lives of Final Haven in their hands. Many lives do hang in the balance of the decisions our leader makes, and I think we all would feel safer knowing that we chose our leader, because of where they stand on the issues most important to us as a people. I believe our leader should listen to us, and reflect us as a people, and what better way to do that then let us decide who will lead us ourselves. I say during this next month those who wish to run should let the people know where they stand, and by next moon we as a people will be able to make an educated decision with more options. Have those who wish to run acquire a piece of paper with 10 signatures of those who would back them as leader.

Brey waves his hands out wide over the assembled group

What say you Final Haven? I vote for Cristo Alefgard!
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Francesco, I do no hide behind the circle. It was not me who murdered a Valkyn'vi. I simply agreed not to to pursue the issue as would normally be my right among the painted folk. How you, the town of haven deal with the murder is no issue of mine or the circle. I thought it was magnimous not to pursue that.

As for my crimes, I was not pardoned for free. I turned over valuable information which i did not come by cheaply. I do not seek forgiveness nor do I ask for redemption.

As for whether I work in my own interest or Haven's I do not see how they are exclusive. Haven is important, to everyone including me and I have gone to significant lengths to keep it safe. I have done what other can not or will not do for themselves. Do you want a servant who will only do what easy? what is honorable to protect you? Or do you want the servant would will do what ever it takes to ensure the survival of the most number of people? I may be a monster, but I am Haven's Monster." Abaddon says, leaning on his staff.
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan steps next to Dallid. Aside from the addition of a thick black ledger at his belt, he looks like he always has.*

"Hold yer horses here, folks. You're not gettin' what Dallid is saying. Esmerelda is still our Queen. She may be away for a bit, but when she saves her baby from whatever dark mojo is loomin', she'll come home and get back normal. We're still her loyal subjects, and the Kingdom of Haven is still strong. Anybody who wants to defy the Queen best think twice about it, cause that shit won't fly with me or most anybody else around here."

*Korrigan looks around a bit, then continues.*

"'Till the Queen returns, Lady Fionna speaks for her as Regent and I've been asked to manage affairs as Steward. We'll keep things together till the Esmerelda gets back. Meanwhile, we've got work to do and we'd best be about it. The Red Tear are more of a problem than we knew about, and the more we take these necromantic assholes to task the better off we'll be."

"So, does anybody want to defy the Queen and her Regent while we've got a shit ton of Red Tear on our asses, or can we get back to business?"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

from behind Korrigan and dallid came a bestial snort as rothek came into view and stood on his hind legs next to the innkeeper turned steward and the healer, he could sense that there was unrest and so he stood with his chest out slightly in an alpha male type fashion.

"den mother gone. leave her alpha to lead. Fiona is alpha."

:though the beast's speech was still quite simple the same point that dallid tried to get across echoed in rothek's words:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Just stares at Francesco

"Well according to the Precedents, you and Dallid set with pardoning Abaddon, I did nothing wrong, because he did not die. As he murdered three people, and still was allowed to walk with out issue after not EVERYONE who had issue could raise them, was able to present them at his "Trial" I see nothing wrong with my Actions."

"And I wouldnt expect you to understand shades of grey Francesco, as your honor is what you live by, but know this, the way you just spoke to me, at any other time would have caused a firey response from me, but as Fionna was present at my CLAIMS of Permission, I will allow you to speak with her."

"I have also never ONCE claimed to be righteous or anything close to that sort, but what I am, is faithful to my friends, and those who dont consistently lie, cheat, or steal. For you to question my loyalties to this town is a joke, cause since you decided against the long walk to the city of the sands, ill let you pass on this, because if anyone did more to serve the "GREATER GOOD" id like to meet them."

*Shaking his head
"Was it a shame that those two who did perish, were killed, yes it was, but dont for one second call them both innocent. They were not. Anyone who has issue with what was done can come and talk with me. I am no longer going to hold a posisition of secrecy, for it will not strengthen us as a town, but what I did was under orders FROM THE QUEEN."

*Looking to Abaddon

"I would very much like to hear this costly knowledge you have passed on, and see how valuable it possibly could be...
Last edited by Smitty19 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serith Darkheart

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Tit for Tat Serith. I will tell you subject of the information I turned over if you tell me why Esmeralda hired you to end me after giving me a pardon." abaddon said. "Would not have been easier to deny the pardon in the first place."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Chuckles

"Indeed it would have, and it would have been even easier to wait for Everyone who had an issue with you to be able to present their cases, such as, Ohh i dont know, one of the ones you Murdered, and also someone you have placed a death mark upon."

*Looks directly at him

"You are incorrect in assuming that I was hired to kill you, I was given the job to protect the kingdom from anyone trying to be the new Villian of the week, and when I was told you were pardoned, I knew my job got that much more difficult. If you want to know particulars, I will tell you, but you will also reveal all you know of the Red Tear to me, as you said....Tit for Tat."
Serith Darkheart

Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

When Serrith mentions the fact that he was also given permission to slay the people he is visibly taken aback

"This is the second time I have heard such words...once from Sunny and now I hear the words from you. I was unable to confirm their validity with the queen but if you claim that Fionna was a witness to such a transaction I will confirm with her. Excuse me..."

Francesco makes his way to Fionna's room
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Particulars first Serith. Each time I have offered mine first it has been..less than fruitful. When you are done I will tell you everything I know."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Motions with his hand towards an empty spot in the courtyard.

"Then Let us talk, privately"
Serith Darkheart