Sparring / Picnic - Saturday, May 21st

Want to get people together outside of Final Haven? Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Sparring / Picnic - Saturday, May 21st

Post by GM-Taki »

Art beat me to the punch on the Winter Haven forums, but I'm planning on organizing a sparring session / barbeque for next Saturday, May 21st at McGraft Park in Muskegon.

I'll follow Art's lead and describe what normally goes on at these little gatherings. Usually we start out with some King's Rules open combats to get people warmed up - sometimes it's last man standing, sometimes it's a tournament, sometimes weapon-specific contests, etc. Often times we use these practices as a chance to train new players in the FH rules, so we'll switch over to some encounter-based rounds and mix it up. Eventually people get tired and we retire to the picnic tables to enjoy grilled goodness and great company.

I'll try to get to the park early to reserve tables and a grill, but we can aim for a 1:00pm start time.

Currently the forecast calls for partly sunny conditions with highs near 70, so we should have good weather for our first outing of the year. If the weather craps out and we need to cancel I'll post something here before 12:00pm on Saturday.

Lastly, I'm hoping this will be the first of many such gatherings this summer. Once the weather gets warmer many of us hit the beach afterwards, and there's no better way to undo all the exercise you've just gotten than with a trip to the Frosty Oasis. It's a good time, and I hope to see you all there.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

i have to work until 3pm but i will totally be there after!!
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

Arriving late for Practice

Post by Torakhan »

Folks planning to show up after 3, or 4 on Saturday (or making long drives if weather is iffy) might want to call ahead to see if we're still there.
(It sucks to drive up, after busting your ass to get somewhere, only to find folks packing up, or (worse) have already left.)
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Torakhan
Town Member
Town Member

McGraft Park, Muskegon

Post by Torakhan »

McGraft Park
2204 Wickham Dr, Muskegon, MI 49441-3100

Google Map directions:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s ... =UTF8&z=16
Arthur Dreese - West Michigan
I just want to see tomorrow, day by day to just survive. / But this place is built to kill me. No one here gets out alive. ~Alice Cooper "Cold Machines"
"Beware the designer who does not design to play his own game." ~Justin Achilli, Vampire: the Masquerade Developer
Salvatore_Tenhammers
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Salvatore_Tenhammers »

They are saying there is a 20% chance of rain on Saturday. So perhaps bringing something in case that happens might be a good idea.
If you want it we got it. If we don't got it, we'll get it.
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I'm off for a few days, so despite my destroyed/damaged left and right arms, I will do my best to get there!