In the Waning Daylight

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

In the Waning Daylight

Post by Morgan »

Morgan sits in the hall of the castle. On the table before him lay his swords, one whole yet well worn, the other a mere foot and a half of blade, the lower portion wrapped in weathered leather. Along with these lie a number of daggers, no two identical. They are short, thin blades suited for throwing rather than hand to hand combat. He slides his swords into their scabbards on his left hip, and the multitude of daggers are stuffed wherever they will fit both comfortably and silently. He stands, grabbing the bag that lies on the floor next to him and makes his way to the larder. Once there, he helps himself to a few apples, a large portion of hard bread, and a waterskin. These few items he places into his bag, and he makes his way toward the exit.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

Alice looked up from her sewing as Morgan packed away the small artillery. Blinking in surprise, she watched as he grabbed some provisions and made his way to the door. "Is everything alright, Morgan?" she asked in quiet concerned.
"Pity the selfish, for they do not know charity...pity the cruel, for they do not know kindness...and pity the heartless, for they do not know love." ~ Alice
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Morgan stops and turns towards Alice

"Well, I'm gonna be out and about more often than not for the next few months. Nothing too serious, it's just that there's been a lot of attacks recently and I wanna make sure I'm prepared for anything."

He grins

"Plus, it gives me an excuse to check out some of the places I've been, just to make sure everything's still in order."

He starts moving towards the door again, nodding slightly towards the young healer

"I appreciate the concern, though. And if the Queen or anyone's looking for me, tell them I'll check in regularly. At least once a month!"

He giggles as he heads out the door
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:when Morgan walked out the door, he was met with an unusual sight indeed. rothek was laying outside near the door of the keep and he was gnawing on something. when the beast realized the door had opened his attention shifted to watch the Guthrie emerge and head out through the courtyard:

"where you go tiny man?"

:he asked as chunk fell from his mouth:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Morgan glances towards Rotheks meal and slows his pace slightly to reply

"Oh, out and about. Gotta check up on a few things around here."

His eyes fall back to Rotheks meal

"There's good hunting south of here, past the farmland. Might be wanting to check it out, if you're interested. Keep your wits about you, though. Lots of bandits roaming around lately."

Morgan continues towards the castle gate
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek raised his head when morgan spoke of hunting grounds, however he revealed what he had been chewing on, much to the horror of everyone outside watching.

it was an arm. no doubt a remnant from the battle against the undead horde just but a few nights ago, it was covered in bite marks and there were parts where the bone was beginning to show:

"yes, good hunting ground, this place" the beast said while chewing.
Rothek HowlingFang
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid also exits the Keep with a satchel full of provisions.

"Good journey to you, Morgan. There is indeed much to see and do in this dangerous world. Though we likely go separate ways, may our travels be fruitful and our way back safe."

He pauses momentarily when he sees Rothek. "Decayed flesh may be of little concern to you, but... beware of poison."

With that, he's off for the gate.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Morgan turns as he walks through the gates, his bag snagging between them

"Safe journey to you too Dallid!"

With a sharp tug, both Morgan and his bag tumble out of the courtyard
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek nodded at dallid's advise, even though he was correct, decayed flesh wasn't a concern,the only thing that was unusual about them was a slightly burned taste, probably from the energy blasts empath flung at the zombies when defending the keep. but it made no difference to the beastman.:

"good. journey. white man."
Rothek HowlingFang