The Servant and the Master

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Zydana
GM

The Servant and the Master

Post by Zydana »

“So you did the best you could?” Kami said laying back on the silk divan with a thick purple blanket spread out before her. Her pale skin was bright against the dark color. Her long black hair blew gently in the wind. “Do you actually think that is the kind of excuse I would like to hear?”

The old man sat on both knees in front of her looking down. Behind his mask revealed large and quivering eyes and a trickle of blood seeped from where the mouth is on the porcelain.

“Kami, I do not have any other answer to give you,” Abaddon said. His voice was hoarse and quiet. The fire crackled behind him and one silver bell rolled long the stone floor jingling as it went.

“I have played the role of servant for years standing below my position as Grand Oracle. All because you wanted to save these people. Well it’s too late now, they need to be swept away. “ Kami's eyes were wide and black as the night sky on a new moon. The jagged purple lines of her makeup were as lightning bolts.

“I can turn them around. You have to give me a chance to help them,” Abaddon said quietly.

“You may have the patience of the ages but the An’irri need to take this place. Esmeralda is nothing more than a pretender and I wanted results. When I killed Ingram I hoped that I had gotten your undivided attention. When I burned down your precious building I thought that was the end of it. But alas Abaddon, you are nothing more than a failure.” Kami said slapping the old man. She hit him so hard he slammed him against the stone floor and his mask cracked down the middle revealing his pale and withered old face. His nose was fountaining blood and stained the white parts of his tunic. The black parts became shiny in the candle light.

“I gave you your chance. Now I will do what I was going to do when you found me. Your precious code made you obey me like a dog. Are you a dog Abaddon?” Kami asked.

“No, I am not a dog.” Abaddon said.

“So you say. Prove it!”

Abaddon looked up at her and pulled a rusted dagger from his robes and plunged it deep into Kami’s chest. He snapped the blade off and she shoved him back.

“Traitor!” She shouted.

“Someone will rise up against you.”

“I think not.”

Abaddon’s flesh burned in the torrent of hot electricity melting away like a candle. The smell of meat filled the tiny chamber.

Kami sat in the darkness on a pile of money and looked out over the forests of Haven. Quickly, her wounds began to heal. There was nothing out there now that could stop her. The only guardian was dust in the wind.