Wizard Potions Question

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Wizard Potions Question

Post by Alice Tex »

When you go for the Basic Wizard Path...

Do you have to:

1) Buy each potion individually...

or...

2) Automatically get 4 potions from the start?

The wording on page 33 of the rule book is a bit vague to me...Maybe I'm missing a paragraph later on that clarifies?
"Pity the selfish, for they do not know charity...pity the cruel, for they do not know kindness...and pity the heartless, for they do not know love." ~ Alice
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

If Wizard is the Path you choose to play then at each level Basic, Advanced and Master you get to choose any 4 spells or potions that you wish.

You may also then spend points to buy them piecemeal, or purchase the Arcanist Discipline for more spells or potions.

Now if you have chosen a potion as a Wizard or Arcanist skill, then at Check-in you tell the Check-in GM what potion skills you have and you will receive
2 potions for each Basic potion skill
1 potion for each Advanced potion skill
1 potion for each Master potion skill that you possess.
(Note - if the potion is a Cure potion then you will receive double the normal potions at Check-in but not from your Alchemy Lab).
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

Thank you!
"Pity the selfish, for they do not know charity...pity the cruel, for they do not know kindness...and pity the heartless, for they do not know love." ~ Alice
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

Ok, so if I am Master Rogue (first chosen Path), but I want one level in the Wizard Path (Basic Wizard), would I have to buy each potion/spell individually because it's not a part of my first chosen Path, or would I automatically get the 4 potions/spells when I buy it?

I would assume you'd have to buy each potion/spell individually if Wizard was not your first chosen Path, but again, just double-checking.
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

I would assume you'd have to buy each potion/spell individually if Wizard was not your first chosen Path, but again, just double-checking
This is correct. Per the rulebook:

"You may also choose to purchase skills from other paths for your character. Skills from other paths must be bought individually and sequentially as they are listed in the book, starting with the first skill of the basic level. It costs 20 points to buy one Basic skill under another path, 40 for an advanced skill, and 60 for a master skill." - FH Rulebook 2010, pg. 19 - 20.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Morgan is correct.

If Wizard is not your first chosen Path, you would need to buy any skills from them piece-meal. Although Wizard is different than the rest of the Paths in that you do not need to buy Wizard path skills in any particular order.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

Got it! Heh, I wasn't trying to sound stupid on purpose, I promise. I just wanted to clarify that rule because Wizard is such a different Path. ^_^

Thanks guys! See you tomorrow!
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

It's fine . Wizard is different than the other Paths and I would rather people ask first than just assume they can do something.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!