After the Big Snow

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid stands up as he looks to Rothek. "Elf blood in her. Still very much friend."

He then walks over to Legion and extends a hand (assess).
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek looks at dallid and listens, he nods and then turns back to alice. he shifted and turned to look at one ear, then he shifted again to look at the other:

"Ears not pointy. How you get elf blood? You eat elf?"

:the beast asked as he blinked at the young woman, he noticed cariel as she entered the room and chuffed happily at her, however didn't really understand why she sat down at esmerelda's feet, perhaps she discovered the shiny ring as well.:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Seeing Legion's confusion, her smile lessened a bit. Was this the price she was going to have to pay for her position- no one understanding when she meant to jest? But perhaps Gil Galad had the key as she saw Legion perk up at the mention up cake.

"No fear, I meant it as a jest. I'm so sick of all this snow! I thought a game might cheer us all up"

She turns to address the room in general. "So why doesn't someone think of a game to play? Will it be a contest of riddles? A battle with snowballs? Let's do something fun!

And as a reward- the winner will recieve the chocolate cake I baked this morning as a prize!"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

// (Absolutely fine, Dallid)

~: The care Dallid is showing is immediately forgotten as Esmerelda mentions the reward, and if he was faking injury a moment ago he's practically on the toes of his boots. And of course the moment wouldn't be complete without him muttering the usual when things of this nature came to mind. :~

"Sweets? Sweets...sweets...Sweet sweets....yes sweets...Why I have it! Why not a bit of all of that! A triathlon of sorts! We can start here in this very room with the first competition, perhaps recounting a tale from our pasts and the victory we have attained!"

"But thats not all, no! The second competition will be in engineering! Who can use the bountiful amount of whiteness outside to craft the most incredible defensive structure? A wall? A Keep? Why not an entire Castle?!"

"And finally, what better to do with said Castle's than to wage war against them! A snowball fight to test the mettle of the Castellans who created them!"
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Alice Tex
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Alice Tex »

As Alice stepped aside to let Gil-Galad and Dallid closer to Legion, it was clear that she was quite confused...especially by Rothek's questions. She still didn't understand the nature of the beast, but when Dallid gave him what seemed to be an answer he'd understand, Alice gave the beast a polite nod in agreement.

She took a polite and unassuming step backwards against the nearest wall, trying to once against blend with the surroundings and be as unobtrusive as possible. She was good at that. She listened to the concern in the Queen's voice, and when Legion answered Her Majesty, Alice became even more confused. She wasn't sure if he was jesting, or if she should be even more concerned by his grandiose suggestions. Dallid's assessment of him seemed fine...
"Pity the selfish, for they do not know charity...pity the cruel, for they do not know kindness...and pity the heartless, for they do not know love." ~ Alice
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek's brow lightened at alice's polite smile and he took a few steps back so she could pass. as he did the pale face that had fallen started to speak very vigorously about sweets making grand gestures about snow forts and battles, what was he talking about? he rose to two feet and then plodded over to dallid. standing near the white man rothek watched as the pale face and esmerelda spoke about this odd recreation called a "snowball fight".:
Rothek HowlingFang
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Cariel jumped as Legion tossed the piece of jerkey and caught it between her teeth. As she scarfed down the tastey snack, her tail wagged wildly. Swallowing, she smiled brightly and called,

"Thank you, Legion. "

She then returned to her place beside the Queen's feet, happily humming to herself. As the Queen mentioned games, the pup's ears perked up and she laughed. Games! She loved games! At the idea of Legion's triathilon, her tail began to thud against the floor like mad, excitement evident in her entire being. Games in the snow! Turning to look imploringly at both her teacher and the Queen, she echoed Legion's excitement.

"Please! Can we?"
Gil-Galad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Gil-Galad »

"Of course we can, Cariel. This sounds like an absolute blast."

*Gil-Galad pulls out his notebook and begins sketching designs for different snow-forts*[/i]
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:the beast turned to the cub as she jumped in excitement to the pale faces talk of games, he thought of only one that he was akin to and spoke:

"pale face.. speak of games. urrrrrrr" :rothek sank to all fours and headed out toward the keeps door. after a few minutes he returned from outside he shook as snow flew from him in every direction then chuffed at legion and jerked his head at the door indicating for him to follow:
Rothek HowlingFang
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"You would all be doing yourselves a disservice if you did not take a moment to enjoy the life you have. Go outside. Frolic and play. Legion, I'll see that your generous donation reaches the Keep's stores. Now go - you are needed in the courtyard."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda clasped her hands together with glee.

"Perfect! So who wants to begin with a tale of their exploits?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

Rhul looked to Esmerelda with a bit of a quizzical look in his eye.

"Tales of past glory, eh? Regrettably, more than a touch of modesty forces me to admit that I haven't done much of note in my life, at least as great tales of heroes go. As it stands, much of what I have accomplished that I am proud of I have recently performed among my friends among you.

Although.... I do know a short story from this fall past, when two friends saved a young girl. It seems she had strayed more than a little to far from home and much too deep into the Green Way, and a rogue bear evidently forgot that larger and stronger beasts lay claim to those particular woods.

(He gives a look of knowing and even a bit of satisfaction around to the people in the room)

Hmm... it seems the ending to the adventure is a bit spoiled, though, if any of you have seen the new cloak in my possession. It does take the bite from the winter wind, though.
"BY THE POWER OF GRAVESBANE....

I.. HAVE.. THE.. POWER!!!"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:after a few minutes rothek walked over to legion and nudged him with his head trying to get his attention, he let out a bark as he looked at the pale face and then pointed at the keep door, walking towards it on all fours the beast spoke:

"urr, pale face come see."

: the creature stood up to two legs and waited:
Rothek HowlingFang
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: Legion gave the beast that had nudged him a sort of "What the crap?" look, then proceeded to shake his head at it. :~

"No no, were going to do story time in here."

~: He looked about the room, primarily focused on Rhul. When Rhul had finished he sort of wanted to hear more of this story, so he had to chime in and ask. :~

"Well tell the short story then in its entirety. I'm sure there's more than just 'We saw a bear. It wandered. We killed it. I have a coat!'"
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek looked outside then back at legion. he nodded then sank back to all fours and crawled over toward the fire place and laid down:

"pale face tell story now?"
Rothek HowlingFang