After the big snowstorm

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

After the big snowstorm

Post by Aurora »

*The door opens at the Inn and two well-bundled figures can be seen walking inside. The distinctive shield of one of the travelers, make is obvious to a few inside who one of them might be. No one however is certain until the two carefully start removing the layers of warmth each one of them has on. After a few moment, the red hair of the woman becomes visible and those who were present at the wedding of Queen Esmerelda realize that the woman is the young witch-hunter Aurora and the person with her as her traveling companion, the archer name Galen.*

*The woman looks at the barkeep and smiles.*

"Barkeep what ales might you have this evening for my friend here and I. I'm sure knowing Korrigan you have some sort of dwarven ale, but I was curious what else you might have."
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:as aurora and galen walked into the tipsy traveler, they were being greeted by some unusual looks from the taverns patrons, at first she would have thought them looking at galen but it wasn't until one of the patrons spoke up

"what the hell is that?!?!"

it was at this time they would look at the door and there kneeling on the floor of the inn next to both of them, sat a large wolf beast man staring back up at them with big yellow eyes:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Galen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Galen »

"befar anyone gets antsy, just go back to drinkin'.. all is well"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks a Galen, her eyes scan the room to see the reactions of others to the beastman, and then brings her gaze back to her companion.*

"All I wanted was a quiet evening to drink as we had talked about in honor of your fallen friend. Let's hope no one decides to get cranky on us.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Perhaps you'd let me buy you a drink." The man in mask says, sidling up to Galen. He has a staff and a cup of hot steaming sandalwood tea.

"Aurora the offer goes double for you."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora tenses up for a moment, she takes a deep breath and then turns her attention to Abaddon.*

Why? Why would that offer go double for me and what is it you hope to gain?

*She then looks at Rothek*

It's ok...Galen and I are fine. You just didn't see us the other day because we were in a shelter which protected from all that snow. That in turn made us very hard to find.

*She smiles*

See..we're both ok

*Turns her attention back to Abaddon.*

Call me suspicious by nature. After what all I've seen and after what all has happened let's just say I have a difficult time accepting things at face value. I'm sure knowing what you now about me Abaddon, you can understand where I am coming from.

*She looks at Galen for a moment.*

But today is not the day to rehash or open up old wounds. If it's alright with Galen, we'll accept that offer for a drink for tonight is a night to celebrate those who have fallen, those who were our friends who at one point in time walked along side us. Tonight is a night to take comfort in what brief moment of happiness there is, for who knows what the next day will bring.

Now...if only I knew what all Korrigan had in stock, weld be all set.
Last edited by Aurora on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Because we used to be friends once, I was hoping to regain that. Contrary to popular opinion not everything I do has some secret motivation. I would like to mend bridges if possible." Abaddon says.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora is quiet for a moment after Abaddon speaks as if thinking for a few moments, reflecting on a few things.*

How about first we do the drink and the rest we can work on over time and see of it's possible. I'm not the same girl I once was, I understand more of how the world works these days.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan pokes his head out of the back room and glances around at those assembled.*

"I'll be out in just a moment. The bar is well stocked, so help yourself and I'll settle up with Abaddon later. I recommend the Caldedonian whiskey, but there's a couple bottles of a new brew on the shelf by the taps. I think they called it Pan'Tak'Ma or something like that, but I don't know what it means. There's a picture of storm on the bottle, and the stuff has quite a kick. It's pretty popular with the painted folk, though."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"How about Ren's Black Lemonade? Got any of that left?" Abaddon says.

"Aurora, time will tell actions speak louder and all that."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

I'm thinking the Caldeonian Wiskey....Galen?

*Looks at Abaddon*

We'll see, for now let us all enjoy this drink.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Galen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Galen »

"sounds like a grand time to me, ill take whatever is cold"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek crawls over toward aurora and galen and nudges galen with his head as he watches the bar keep bring out a glass of dark contents to him.:

"hmmm, what that Galen??"
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Galen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Galen »

"Barman and a pint in a bowl far me furry friend here"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I saw this furry manj out at my Cabin not to long a go. He took quite a liking to Mary." Abaddon says.

"Does anyone else know anything about him?"