Out from the cold.

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

Cariel steped behind Gil-Galad as asked, but released a warning snarl of her own at the keep gate and the beast within. Her tail began to twitch agitatedly and her ears flattened against her head.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan walks out of the central building of the keep and begins walking towards the front gate. His attention is distracted by the scroll in his hands, the ink from the Kingdom's trade reports barely dry. Rolling the scroll and tucking it into his armor, he walks towards the front gate - only to find it closed with a large beast scratching at the wood.*

*Korrigan gives a low whistle to get the beast's attention.*

"Hey, you... what's got you all worked up? Is there somebody out there?"
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey is awoken in his bed within Alefgard Tower, by the sounds of what can only be described in his mind, as the roar of some hostile creature. Quickly grabbing his swords with no time to disarm the traps set in place on his door, Brey turns the nob while sliding under the razor wires seemingly springing up from nowhere in one fluid motion.

Seeing the Beastman attempting to claw his way through the gate Brey throws a small rock at the creature he had snatched up from the ground while making a mad dash to meet whatever threat awaited on the other side.

"Get, you fool animal! What good is a gate to keep our enemies out if you claw through it to get to them!"

Skidding to a halt in front of the doors Brey peeks through only to see more allies, and not the horde of enemies he had expected. Obviously furious, Brey turns to the Beastman with a look of disgust.

"These are our friends you ignorant good for nothing mutt! Someone should chain you up somewhere!"

Brey opens the gate while keeping his swords drawn, and a watchful eye on the hostile Beastman.

Standing completely still like a trap ready to spring without a moments notice, Brey looks directly into the eyes of Rothek.

"Wolfman I believe you should go find some place to sit down and shut up before someone thinks it would be safer to just put you down."
"The bigger the purse, the greater the fool..."
-Port City Didact saying
Gil-Galad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Gil-Galad »

"Brey! A sight for sore eyes."

*Gil-Galad quickly snaps back into stance, ready to face the threat openly.*

"So what will you do, feral beastkin? If you think to strike at one of us, or even approach, I will strike you down without hesitation. And if you think for just a split second the others won't do the same, I'd call you a fool. You should just go, now. I don't want to have to hurt you."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora hands Galen her sword and gives both Brey and Gil-Galad a look*

How about instead of yelling at the creature, we try calmly talking to it. Something has it spooked and you two are only going to upset it further threatening it.

Dallid bringing the darn creature inside the walls explains now how it's there.

*She removes the gloves from her sword hand and sticks it out in front of the creature so he can get a good smell of her.*

*Speaking calmly*

Hey now big fellow it's ok. I need you to calm down. You've got a few of us all worked up. If you could just heal and sit for a moment and calm yourself you can have something in my pouch....just relax. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.

*Addresses the others still speaking calmly.*

I don't want this thing to turn ugly if there is no need for it. If the the creature isn't hostile go on inside until he calms down. If someone can locate Dallid, that would be helpful as well since he and it have a relationship established.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

Brey continues to stand completely still with eyes like fiery ice watching Rothek. He lets out a small chuckle as Aurora offers her hand to the Beastman.

"You may do what you wish Aurora but I will stand here at the ready until this creature proves to me he is not a rabid beast with the intentions of attacking innocent people who wish to enter my Queens Castle."
-Port City Didact saying
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora still calmly looking at the creature.*

Just give me a chance with this thing. If Dallid allowed him inside the keep he's not completely crazed. He's behaving like a spooked animal. Something has him on the defensive and in this protective angered stance.

Trust me he makes a move I'll pull out another sword and in case you haven't notice, there is an archer whose arrows are already trained on it. I still have my shield and I can withstand a bit of an attack from him should he prove to be hostile.

Let me try this old tracker's trick first and see if the creature calms down Brey.

*She turns her attention back to the beastman*

Come on big fellow. I need you to calm down. No one here is going to hurt you as long as you can calm down. Just take it easy......it's all ok....shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Serena
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Serena »

While Gil-Galad seemed distracted with Brey, Cariel snuck out from behind him. Flashing a smile at Korrigan as he passed, she crouched on all fours and began to make her way towards the larger beast. She watched Aurora for a moment, then gave a soft whine to gain the beast's attention. Her collar jingled as she slunk closer, giving a soft bark. The series of barks and whines seemed to be a way to communicate with the larger beastman.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid exits the Keep to investigate the roar, and hears the aggitated conversations of those assembled.

"The Beastman saw unfamiliar faces outside the gate and sounded an alarm - summoning people better able to judge the threat - or lack there-of - posed by the outsiders. Seems an admirable guardsman."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Gil-Galad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Gil-Galad »

*his eyes are locked with those of the wild wolfkin.*

"I respectfully disagree, Dallid. He has his eye fixed upon me at the moment, past all the others. I may be biased but I'm certain he's out for blood. Mine, specifically, though I know not why."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Perhaps he saw you the greater threat, and thus you became his primary target."

Dallid takes in all present. "Indeed, there are probably many here he has not yet met."

He focuses on Rothek to make sure he has the beastmans attention. Then sweeps an arm to encompass all present.

"These are all citizens or friends of Haven, and each is trusted within the Keep. You performed well in your vigilence, but all currently present may pass."
Brey
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Brey »

An annoyed look creeps onto Breys face with Dallids speech

"Dallid what I saw was your Beastman trying very hard to claw his way through these doors in an attempt to attack those who were on the other side. As much as you would like to dismiss this as an admirable act on the Beastmans part you know its mind no more than the pretty picture you paint of it. Your flowered words will do it no good if its next attempt at "summoning people to better judge a threat" as you would say, ends in the loss of an innocents life. This is a wild animal we're dealing with here without the tools needed to judge a situation as simple as this. My advice to you is the next time you decide to let a strange creature in, you should take the time to train it first so a situation such as this does not arise again, but I will admit you paint a very pretty picture Dallid however fanciful it may be."
-Port City Didact saying
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora still being calm around the creature to try to calm him down while directing the conversation at Gil.*

Maybe it's because of your ward. Maybe the creature views her as some captive and not allowed to run free like he is. I don't know maybe it's some sented oil or something you're wearing he doesn't like if you believe it to be fixiated on you. Animals are tricky, and with some one isn't certain all the time what could set them off.

I might suggest that since your presence seems to be troubling the beast to take a few steps back so we can investigate this matter further.

*Looks at Dallid*

If this creature is so wild Dallid why did you permit it within the wall of the keep of all places. What if the creature where have one of these fits it's having now and attack the Queen or Atreus for that matter or even the Lord Marshall.....

What were you thinking? I'm sure there were other places you could have taken this creature more out of the way where you could ascertain it's intent better.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid shakes his head. "I'm thinking you do not know the whole picture. I suppose it would be best to explain, before any more conclusions are imagined."

"I did not let him within the walls. When I answered the clawing at the Keep door, I did so with caution. Upon seeing this beastman, I decided he had most likely been let in by the Keep guards, and so had all ready been afforded some trust."

"However, I did not take that assumption for granted, as he might also have scaled the walls undetected. So he was allowed entrance to the keep only with appropriate caution."

"Within, he threatened no one, and ate only the food presented to him. When finished, he left again - as any are free to do. Moments later came the howl, after which all here eventually became involved in time."

"What I heard upon my own arrival was a number of conclusions that the scene I see before me do not fully support. What my 'flowered words' offer are other possiblities that are just as likely."

"From what I have witnessed of this beastman is a potential ally whose assistance may save lives in the future. Lives that may be lost should he be killed over whimsical conjecture. Give him a chance to be fully understood before judgement absolute is rendered."

Dallid approaches the gate and closes the doors to inspect them. He runs his fingers over the faint claw marks.

"This certainly could be cause for alarm if it is evidence of more than mere exuberance."

He turns back to the beastman. "Let us see what he does now."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Dallid still speaking in calm tones*

Why do you think I've been trying to calm this creature down. Hes hasn't attacked anyone...yet. All he's done is do a little damage that can be repaired.

I was hoping you might be able to assist me in calming this thing down. The howl is what brought Galen and I here because we thought the Keep was in danger.

*Looks back at the creature*

Right now though big fellow I really need you to calm down for me.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman