Just another day

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"I am most certain it was Malachi. He granted "boons" to several townspeople. He even helped Zeira escape a dire situation. With the caveat that Zeira set the clock to a time of the Master's choosing.

"Zeira perished in Avantguard, but i think perhaps we should find those people who made their deals with Malachi and see what else he might have said."

Looking concernedly at he Lord Martial's condition, she quickly disappeared into the kitchen for a moment murmuring something about "silly men" under her breath. Within a moment she returns with a mug of mulled cider and warm damp towel. She presses the mug into Pear' An's hands and gently sets the warm towel on his forehead.

Returning to her seat, she resumes her sewing and addreses the others. "We will need to look into what he is formulating, if we can. That is where I am putting my scholarly efforts, and hopefully I have convinced a couple others to aid me. Perhaps it will give us a clue as to where to focus our efforts in order to thwart his plans most effectively." She punctuates this last bit with a fierce jab of her needle through the cloth.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Garritt goes over to a chair where he had lay his shirt before bathing. He shrugs it on over his head, buckles on the belted dagger that had been curled underneath it, and ties his hair back from his face.

He then sits down in the chair and throws his heels up upon another.

"Rylls says he'll help you with your studies, if you wish it. Or something else, if need be."
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

The Lord Marshall grasps the mug of cider in both hands, allowing the aroma to wash over him. The worst is over, for now, but like the waxing and waning of the moon, it is sure to return. With the towel still resting on his forehead, he takes a long sip from the mug before clearing his throat.

"While I agree that discerning the Master's true intentions is a worthwhile goal, have we found anything else on the Heart of the Gavin? Or the trapped woman? How about Abaddon taking up residence on the outskirts of Haven? What of this Ashearth and his 'pupil' Mary? And don't you have a wedding to plan?"

He remains motionless, leaning in his chair while he's thinking out loud. As the towel cools, he sits up and removes it but otherwise remains motionless.
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda turns a puzzled look to Garritt. "I do not believe I've met someone named Rylls? But any assistance will be much appreciated."

She then turns to the Lord Marshall. "Nothing yet on the Heart. At least no more than the old legends have told us. We know the story of the trapped woman, what more do you want to know? Wicksel told us her tale. I think it is more a decision of what should be done about her."

She furrows her brow for a moment. "As for Abaddon, until the Magistrates can come to a decison, as long as he harms none, I do not see a problem with him setting up where he has. It makes it much easier to monitor his actions if his whereabouts are known to the town. Ashearth has agreed not to leave town with Mary- we see them every morning and eve. It was the girl's choice to go with him. Odd though the pairing may be, it might do both of them some good." Thinking of her own "adopted" founding in Far Reach, Esmerelda smiled sadly. How she missed Em so!

"And I'm not sure whether to be flattered or worried that you put my wedding in the same category as all the other aforementioned concerns," she adds with a laugh. "Just because I'm getting married doesn't mean all governance of the kingdom should cease. While I understand that my wedding will pobably have to be an occasion of state, it should not be my only concern at the moment. Besides, we've chosen a date. We're pretty sure we know who the officiant will be. When I have time, I'll work on my wedding dress." She gestures to the cloaks in her lap. "But I think it's much more important that the children have warm cloaks than I a fancy new gown. We've found musicians to perform. What else do I need to do?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Where Abbadon is concerned, I think you know my opinion. He answered my questions to my satisfaction, and no one else brought up any issue or concern for which he did not sufficiently account. Given the circumstances surrounding his actions, I believe he should be pardoned and allowed to live amongst us – given that he understands that the extra-judicial actions of Far Reach will not be tolerated here in Haven. I see him as much more an asset than a liability.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Gil-Galad
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Gil-Galad »

The elven sage, Mathias Grieves, walks out from the corner of the room. Those in the room would not recall him being there before, but might get the feeling he went overlooked. His eyes to not seem as timid as they did when last he walked among these folk. Nor is his stance that of a simple librarian, but one of a seasoned soldier. He addresses the Queen with confidence.

"My Lady, I find your plights both disturbing and intriguing. My talents lie in the realms of the story and sword, and consider both at your disposal. However, I would much like to speak with you privately in the near future. Is there a good time for me to come back and speak with you?"

He lets out a long breath.

"There are a great many things at work here, some as dark and old as the world itself I fear. I believe not in coincidence and random chance, and feel as if the timing of my arrival was exactly as it was meant to be. So I ask of you citizenry and shelter in exchange for service to this land."
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

"Perhaps I should go and talk with Abaddon... Though I still urge caution when dealing with someone who had a contract with what you might call a 'demon'. As for the trapped woman, should we leave her be, or aid her? Just as Dallid sees Abaddon as an asset, so should she be treated. Did you happen to reach the end of the Master's journal when you were trapped inside of it? Perhaps something else can be gleaned from a more thorough examination, and during these times any piece of information could prove useful."

He sits there, staring into the hearth with his black and white orbs, seemingly lost in thought. He pays no attention to the others, but is acutely aware of their presence.
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Garritt
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Garritt »

Garritt pauses to let the others speak, and then looks towards Esmerelda.

"Rylls is an...asset... I can call upon if I need some help in the knowledge department. We've got kind of a special partnership going, as a result of some deals that had to be made back in my homeland.

It's probably a bit of a long story to go into right now, but he says that given enough time, he can gather information on nearly anything we might need- though more people collaborating on one thing will likely get faster results.

Garritt's eyes look up a bit, as if peering inward in thought, then nods as if in agreement as he looks back to Esmerelda.

"He says look to Dallid and Sereth. They understand the situation enough to vouch for him. Though he says being legitimate probably won't make it any less strange."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods. “Two minds, one body – Both Garritt and Rylls are earnest and eager to help.”
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

The Painted One has grown restless, sitting in one spot for so long is something he is unaccustomed with. Before he stands, he tugs a strip of linen off of his shirt and calmly wraps it around his forehead, covering both of the orbs where his eyes should have been. He's grown comfortable seeing with his mind's eye, one of the 'gifts' from the orb and wastes no movements gathering his cloak from beside the fire and making his way to the door. Pulling the hood up, he turns his head before stepping out.

"I believe a nice walk will help clear my head. If anyone needs me, I'll be around."

And with that, he steps out and shuts the door behind him. Ever vigilant, he checks with the guard before making his way from the shadow of the castle.
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Safe journey," Esmerelda wishes Paer ' An as he heads out the door.

Looking at Garritt, she nods in understanding. "I see. A thank you to both you and Rylls then and your assistance shall be much appreicated. If he does not mind then, I will give you a copy of the formula and have you see what you can discern about it."

She then gives Dallid a long, level stare. "Seeing as Arien was not present at the trial, I suppose that means that I would be the stand in for the third magistrate. So if you and I are in agreement, then it would be decided. For now Abaddon will be allowed within the kingdom. With a strict discussion as to what the rules for his conduct shall be and what the punishment for any transgressions are. There will be no banishment for him. I think he already realizes though that this is an all or nothing situation. I will send word to him."

She then turns to address the elf. "I appreciate your offer of assistance, it is most welcome. As for a time to speak," she looks out the window, taking note of the position of the sun. "I need to work on the bread, it should have had plenty of time to have risen. Come into the kitchen and we can talk there."
She ties off the seak in the small cloak she'd been sewing, folds it neatly and stacks it on the table with the others. Esmerelda then rises and walks into the kitchen.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:after exploring the entire courtyard, rothek lifted his head and sniffed the air so he could continue to follow the smell that he had originally been searching for, his search brought him to the another door, looking around he thumped a clawed hand across it and began to sniff around it and investigate. he got down on all fours and sniffed the ground beneath the door. the smell was coming from behind this door, he had found it! at last!! and not a moment too soon, his stomach was starting to ache from hunger.

rothek scratched at the door and chuffed as he looked for a way inside.:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Sword sheathed but shield held at the ready, Dallid opens the door while blocking passage into the Keep. Not knowing whether the guards had let the beastman in or he had snuck over a wall, Dallid intended to learn his intentions before allowing entry unchecked.

"Who might you be? And what business have you here?"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:rothek was sniffing the ground near the door when the door started to open he crawled back slowly and watched as a man stood in front of him that looked much like one of the pale faces he had encountered, however this one wasnt pale at all!. rothek met dallid's stare with large yellow eyes, and chuffed at him.

rothek sat back on his haunches, it was very obvious the new person was speaking to him, before rothek was about to grunt again his stomach gurgled loudly and rothek bobbed his head before letting out a more drawn out grunt much akin to stray dog.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Ah. I see."

Dallid calls back into the hall behind him.

"Be prepared, for we have a hungry guest of savage yet apparently amicable demeanor."

He then nods at Rothek.

"Come. Let us see if we can find you something to eat." He then led the way back into the Keep.