Taking care of Mary

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Taking care of Mary

Post by Ashearth »

Gathering his things Ashearth looks around at the castle and drapes his cloak around his Mary.
"come now my my apprentice. Now comes a time in your life where you learn more about the world. Say goodbye to all the friends here that you have made.
To all of you that has aided us in putting my apprentices parents to rest, and i am glad to have been able to be of some aid. We shall return after the snow falls."
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Franchesco stands up and walks over to the door way and stands there barring the way

"You will not be leaving this place with young Mary. It is one thing to allow you to be her guardian here while you can be watched and monitored but a completely different situation to allow you to gallivant off into the wilderness unsupervised, filling her head with who knows what. I shall not allow it."

The old man looks at Ashearth and stands at the ready. His weapon is sheathed but his hand grasps it tightly, ready to be drawn at a moments notice
Mary-Bella
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mary-Bella »

The Valkyn Vi child looks up at her teacher with the smile that rarely leaves her face. She jumps up and down a bit with the excitement of learning new things and glances around to the people she has been interacting with the last couple days. Her heart jumps a bit at the thought of leaving them but her excitement of learning new things quickly overcomes those feelings. With little to say she waves at everyone. She turns to her teacher and asks..

"Are we bringing Bruce? What about Big Mama?"

Franchesco walks up and tells teacher she can't go learn and the smile flickers to a frown, but quickly returns as an idea of games comes to mind. She grabs teachers arm and pulls on it till he is closer. She whispers only loud enough for him to hear..

"Can i play game nows?"
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

making a crooked smile he turns to Francesco
"i dont quite understand what the problem is. this child is my ward and as such it is up to me to raise and teach her. The arrangement has been made and aggreeded upon with all the right people, the queen is aware, so is her brother, lady shea, and many others have given this child a chance to learn else where. the simple matter is, she is mine untill mary chooses to leave me. and i was informed thast i would not be under any contestation over this matter again. now is there some way that we can put this issue to rest and be friends. I would also like to ask you to not have aggressive actions such as that *pointing at his tight grip on his sword* infront of my ward again. i have done nothing wrong, in fact i have done nothing but aid the people of this town. i was under the impression that this was a place for second chances, for renewal, a haven to all. are you saying that this is no haven. also i would like to point out that you just assumed i would be taking my apprentice here alone in the woods. i am insulted. i have made arrangements with several members of this town to help aid me in her teaching, that of her kin and of new ways of life."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea aproaches Francesco Mary and Asher first addressing Francesco*

Francesco, please let Mary go with with Asher, trust ME I have been watching and have been talking with Mary and Asher. Though he is not what I would call the Perfect guardian for Mary he is the one she chose out of anyone here.

Now I have told Mary that she can come to me if she feels something isn't right. She knows she can come to you too Francesco, she told me herself.

Didn't you Mary?
She knows that the people of this town care about her well being, Esmerelda, Aric, Big Momma list goes on...

*Shea reaches out and touches Mary's head.*

I understand she is a child, but she is 10, her parents are dead.... She watched them be eaten by Zomies, and stayed with them for days... she has lived and SURVIVED on her OWN for two entire months. We can not force her into a life she doesn't want.
*Looking at Francesco, ready to stand her ground.*
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Edwina Embrey
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Edwina Embrey »

Walking into the doors she stopped when she sees Frencescos back blocking her way. She blinked and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey big man, wanna let a lady through?" She said with a hint of amusement.

She stood on her toes to see what was going on in front of him and cocked an eyebrow.

"what's going on here?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid turns toward Asher from where he is sitting.

“I understood the terms of the Guardianship to include young Mary eating every breakfast and dinner here at the Keep. If you intend to leave Haven, you had best not go far lest you break your word and the trust placed in you.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Ashearth
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Ashearth »

"yes if it is your wish for her to return for the two meals that is not an issue. I am courious if the great people of haven would allow me permission for an extended feild trip for mary here. there are some of her kin that i was hoeiung she could learn more of her people, as well as see some other cultures. you know to make her more well rounded. if that cannot be arranged than i will not have a problem with that i will simply teach her on my believes and we will be here every day."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea smiles at Dallid, and then looks to Asher*
That was an agreement for her. After all she has only been in your care a few days.

I would feel much more comfortable about that.... there will be time for field trips later, after more time with you. As time passes with out incident.
Last edited by Shea Stonebrook on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Mary-Bella
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Mary-Bella »

Mary observes for a while, smile never fading. She looks at Shey and nods her head, looking up at Franchesco as she leans into Shey. She watches teacher as Dallid talks to him.. She ponders for a moment before speaking up

"I wanna know more about where i came from.. please sir? Not that teacher doesnt know lots that im sure i would like to learn.. but maybe they will know who my parents where!"

She looks to teacher

"Please can we go? I wanna know!"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Travel can be an unequalled tutor, but also necessitates the utmost care. I suggest settling into your new home take president. Learn first of Haven, then use it as an anchoring reference for your journeys abroad.”

“Meanwhile there is nothing wrong with making plans for a trip. Try to think of people your parents had contact with, then work to discover where such people might be found. Build a list of destinations to visit before setting out.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Big Moma
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Big Moma »

Suddenly, a loud, deep, yet somehow comforting voice could be heard in the room, although the body to which it belonged had not yet arrived.

“Why is Big Moma’s babies always fightin?”

Despite the fact that Big Moma was somewhat new in town, everyone had become familiar with her charming and jolly disposition as well as her constantly informal attitude. She was a female dwarf, but put no store in the supposed differences of race or creed. To Big Moma, everyone was equal and equally loved.

She walked in, and with her came a fragrance of the most delicious kind, as though she’d spent all day baking, when in fact she hadn’t.

“Hey there Ashearth baby" she began throwing a smile towards the monstrous looking humanoid who had been given stewardship over the little girl called Mary. "Mary baby, come over here and give Big Moma some sugar!” The little girl obliged, which is what most people did. Even the tough ones, it seemed, couldn’t resist the warmth of Big Mom's embrace. Strangely enough, none of the town’s warriors felt odd, while bending nearly in half so that they could pay their respects to the little “Big” Moma.

“Now Mary baby, could you go outside a minute and get Big Moma’s fryin pan? I left it out there by the fire.” The little girl nodded, happy to be assigned a task, and left the room.

“Now, Big Moma's been listenin outside,” she said, once she was sure that the girl was out of hearing distance, “And I couldn’t believe my ears! You all aught to be ashamed of yourselves!” She had adopted a somewhat sermony tone with which she continued her speech, her beard waving with what seemed like every other syllable. “Everybody who’s anybody aught to know not to be startin up all this hullabaloo in front of that lil gurl. Now… Nobody wanted to give that little baby anythin until after Ashearth decided to take her in. I have a feeling that what motivates you all is not love for Mary, but hate for Ashearth and Big Moma won't stand by while you…. And I mean YOU Franchesco baby, harass him for just tryin to do a kindness for that sweet lil creature who‘s a getting Big Moma‘s fryin pan as we speak!"

"If you all want to pick on Ashearth, don’t do it in front of that baby, she done had a hard ‘nough go of it already.” She took a deep breath. “Now, how’s about we let Ashearth do his job? Best we can do is be supportive. All this fightin don’t get nobody nowhere and cain’t be good for the baby.”

"Now Ashearth done agreed to bring her back for mealtimes, what else he does, so long as Mary don't mind and it aint against no law, is his own business... What do you all say?"
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

A squeaky voice can barely be heard from beyond the castle walls...

"Hey! Someone wanna let me in? I can smell pies cookin in there!"
The Wanderer
Edwina Embrey
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Edwina Embrey »

Edwina nodded at what big mama was saying.

"She's right, let the kid go. You don't wanna break her little heart by refusing her what she wants do you?"

Hearing the voice behind the gate she walked back out the door.

"I'll go let in the pipsqueak"

She walked as slow as possible to the gate and recognizing the voice opened it.

"Can't refuse the smell of pie huh?" She teased
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

"By the way Ashearth was speaking to the young girl it sounded as if they were going to make a journey, not go for a stroll around the woods. I am almost certain that was his intention. Do not change your story now that you have been caught in the act."

Knowing that he will make no headway with the people around him the old man takes his hand off his weapon and sighs

"I see you for what you are Ashearth and you disgust me. However you seem to be able to blind the others here with your lies and deceit. I see how you poison the mind of this young child, manipulating her to become some pawn for your scheme. I will not stand idle as you do this. The law forbids me from handling this situation in a way I would choose but it does not prevent me from watching your every move. And I will be watching."

Franchesco moves from the door allowing those who need to pass do so