Into the abyss..

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: There is a pause in the unseen action, and for several long, long seconds Legion just lies where he is. A white, red and black rug, unable to speak or act in any way. It seems the unnatural wounding taking place has abated, and Serith seems to have stalled what could be the most bizarre murder/suicide possible. :~

~: That is until a puncture wound appears in the Valkin'Vi's left shoulder, roughly the width of one of the ninjatō that lies strewn about the room. From then on its surface wounds appearing, Legion perhaps managing to avoid the worst. But then again when you're lying on the ground in a pool of your own still-warm blood asleep how do you fend off something like this? :~
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid kneels again over Legion.

“Is this but the manifestation of a battle occurring on another plane? In his mind, perhaps? Serith, if you can connect with it – do so now. See what is going on in there and try to bring it peace. I cannot do so again for some time. Meanwhile I’ll do what I can from here.”

Dallid begins to heal Legion.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Nods to Dallid

"Ill do what I can, but he is seriously damaged, and I probably will need healing myself if his battle is anything like it looks like on the outside..."

*Serith places his hand near Legion's temple and channels his own essence into his target to try and grab hold of the lower subconscious battle raging in Legions mind (Probe Mind)
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: And Serith finds himself in the very same place that Dallid had just vacated, surrounded on all sides by the evergreen fields of a mental paradise. Then again, paradise doesn't have black rain crashing down from the sky, and bolts of lightning releasing cacophonous thunder from one border to the other. Serith finds himself not immediately where Dallid was, no. For his safety perhaps he has appeared a few meters from a raging brawl, the flash of black steel igniting with each thunderstrike across the unholy heavens. :~

~: There beneath the great oak tree is Legion, battling...well this is going to be a most interesting scene for Serith. For on the left is the Legion of present, bare upper torso a mess of cuts and abrasions as he attempts to fend off...the Legion of past? A figure of the exact opposite, clothed in black skin-tight fabric, bearing slightly more armor than what Legion enjoyed. :~

~: A thick brown belt covered most of the waist and stomach, what looks to be a black draconic skull burned into the center. The bracers that Legion had worn were on this aggressor, silver metalwork dancing about as he pivoted and struck. A pointed hood obscured the head, terminating in the back in a tapering spine. And the face...well as Legion wore a mask of pure obsidic darkness this one's colors were half and half. A yin-yang of black and white, one part comedy and the other tragedy. :~

~: It was this midnight assailant who wounded Legion so, who clutched in his hands the same pair of ninjato that were lying about back in reality. With these weapons he struck again and again, his bladework part dance and part brutality as he weaved about his opponent. :~

~: Serith would see Legion reach for an empty sheathe on his left hip, from thin air draw a weapon of similar appearance to defend himself only to have his attacker shatter it with his next swing. It was this seemingly repetitive action that brought the fingers of lightning and thunderclaps across the land. And though Legion was quick on his feet the other was the faster, the more agile as the second blade made another thrust and found itself crack off of Legion's mask. The bloodied Valkyn'Vi took a leap back, trying to put some distance between himself and the other. :~

~: In this moment of reprieve Legion summoned what air he could, the very action draining on what little strength he retained as he roared at his opponent. :~

"ITS NOT MY FAULT IT HAPPENED! WE WERE HERE, WHERE WE BELONGED!"

~: And these words seemed to bring a pause to the shadowy assassin whose grip momentarily slacked on his blades, and Legion's shoulders slumped as he believed himself to have gotten his point across. Up until the assassin threw his right foot forward and hurled his left blade like a spear straight for Legion, who was so stunned by this he could do little but attempt to move at the last moment. :~

~: And for all of his waining speed he still found himself impaled by the black shortsword through the left thigh, the tip exploding out the back of his leg as he buckled and collapsed to his knees. :~

~: Back to reality Dallid's healing is managing to stave off further injury, sealing the most grievous before they can become any worse. New wounds are treated in time, and before his eyes he would see two new wounds appear. Another dripping red line across his chest, and a horrific stab-wound to the left thigh that should Dallid the floor and the pool of blood through the perfect diamond cut it made clean through. :~
"Seek the truth. Behold the truth. Reveal the truth. That is the law and the whole of the law."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith sees this horrific battle raging in his minds eye, and can only shudder

"Here goes nothing..."

*Serith exerts his mental will and pours some Essence into it to try and affect the mental battle raging around him. He heads towards the combantants channeling a physic ball of energy hoping that if needed would cause what he needed to either defend himself, or his patient.

"Seems that we have a problem here between you two, that needs to be hashed out."
Serith Darkheart

Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: Serith's words bring pause to the black-clad assassin, standing over his debilitated foe. He doesn't immediately look to the new arrival, the orientation of his body though shows he not only acknowledges Serith's presence but is openly in no mood to do battle with him. He stands with his entire torso facing the Elf, left blade held out and away while the right is brought in to rest against the top of Legion's obsidic mask. :~

~: The hood remains ever-aimed at his enemy, the yin-yang persona upon his face bearing its gaze onto the solid black of Legion. Still he said nothing, he hadn't said anything since Serith had arrived, and when Dallid was here this presence wasn't making itself immediately known save the damage it had inflicted. :~

~: Legion on the other hand was mumbling incoherently, probably more than maddening Serith with the topic. He kneeled where he was, arms lying limp at his sides, shoulders slumped forward under the weight of his wounds. Though Dallid could heal the physical reality of Legion's body this mental world seemed to have him endure his injuries, his white flesh stained with blood that began to wash in the pouring black rain. Still he had enough left in him to speak, to plead in general. :~

"S..sword...need it...stop him...to stop...need...sword...my sword...my wrath..."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Frowns at Legions broken form

"I am sorry, but theres no way you are getting that Fucking Cursed Vampire Sword!"

*And with a dark gleam in his eye he looks to the Danimoth figure and stares into it

"And I dont know what kind of pissing match this is, and frankly dont care, What I do care about is that one of my friends..."

*Points at Danimoth

"..Who looked a lot like you at one time, is being jacked up, and quite frankly, I dont like it."
Serith Darkheart

Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: Our resident Ninja Person-Julienneizer still does not treat Serith to a showing of his face, of his eyes, the hood remaining stationary on Legion as he pivots on the heels of his buckled boots. He faces his defeated for head-on now, his entire orientation focused on this moment. He proceeds to sheathe his ninjato, and from behind his back draw with his right hand from thin air the scintillating golden skull and black blade of the Godslayer dagger. :~

~: The voice that comes from inside the hood isn't Legion's and it certainly isn't Dani's. Its so cold and devoid of life that the rain actually changes physical composition. It freezes about our murky assassin, small droplets of icey black ink hovering motionlessly. Actually of the rain in the air seems to lose its sense of gravity, hanging effortlessly about the residents of this landscape. :~

"You're 'likes' are irrelevant."

~: At Serith's words Legion's shoulders just seem to slump further, whatever hope he had of overcoming this nightmare abolished. Trembling from one end to the other he looks up, his eyes locking on this one who has bested him so easily and he manages to find his own voice. It cracks and falters, the wind in his lungs drawn out with his blood, but he tries to put meaning behind what he believes are his last words. :~

"K..killing me...won't b-bring..her back.."

~: The hood tilted, taking this moment in before the figure brushed aside the words of the bloodied Legion and surged forward, driving the Godslayer towards the front of that ugly obsidian mask with all his might. :~
Paragon
Serith prevents the assassin from face-stabbing Legion

Renegade
Let the bastard eat dagger
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*OOC Dude do I get to play choose my Adventure? Sorry, I kid, but i had to....

*Serith does not flinch and as soon as the masked assailant lunges Serith lets loose the Physic energy he has been channeling, right into the blade that Dani/Legion has called Godslayer. With every ounce of his mental capability cascading into this attack he knows he has only one chance to end the mental struggle, and goes for the only thing he can think that will give reprieve

*Dropping to his knees Serith spits up some blood, and sneers at whatever it is in the guise of Danimoth

"Like that fuckstick....cause I know you are not Danimoth, and I dont really care about who she is, but Im not letting a friend Rip himself apart on my watch."
Serith Darkheart

Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

// Lol. Was j/k with the Mass Effect Dialogue \^^/

~: Serith's total overload of power strikes Godslayer right on as the assassin lunged to put Legion down for good. The figure turned its face ever so slightly, revealing to Serith the half-ivory half-obsidian yin-yang mask that obscured its face, the eyes that were nothing but an exact copy of Legion's. And then it was gone, all of that energy erupting through the dagger into the assassin, causing him to burst into an angry cloud of black soot. The blade embedded in Legion's left thigh shattered as well, and Legion slumped forward as the rain fell anew. :~

~: The twinkling black dust was whisked away by the rain, allowing Legion to finally take in a breath of perhaps relief at his good fortune. He attempts to stand, his arms spreading slightly to allow the rain to wash away the blood from his alabaster flesh. His eyes go to the tree, and though he wants to pry them away he seems to tense from head to toe, as if preparing for some other nightmare to come. But he speaks, ragged and wounded to Serith. :~

"I know...you have your hatreds for that weapon...you've seen what it does....but it wasn't doing anything to me other than giving me strength. Strength to keep him at bay...strength to keep him up in that tree..."

"It doesn't make sense, any of it, I know...but if you want...I can fill you in as best I can...at least until he comes back..."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*As Serith struggles to catch his breath he just simple shakes his head

"I know you think it was merely giving you strength, but no Weapon from a cursed blade owned by a Vampire Lord could be good news."

"I dont imagine to know what is going on in the labyrinth of a mind you have, but I do know that you have changed since you came into possession of this blade, and that I do care about."

*Serith looks directly into Legions eyes and says

"Ohh we are going to have some Dialog about this, but what do you say we do it outside of your subconscious?
Serith Darkheart

Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

"Inside, outside...it doesn't matter...he's going to come back. Again, and again, and again. He blames me for what happened."

~: With a dejected look he spat a clot of ichor to the ground, managing to rise to his feet though his left leg trembles fiercely. He watches his wounds slowly but surely sealing, knowing full well someone in the outside world is the cause. Not to mention the mental opponent he's been fighting finally relenting thanks to Serith's aid. :~

"You really think my limited time with that weapon, maybe a few hours total split between several days has changed me? No Serith...what you remember is someone else entirely...that one to be exact, making a mockery of what should be mine. Now that she's gone...its pretty much no-holds-barred on my ass..."

~: He managed on that shaky leg to the three, just standing infront of it with his back to Serith, reaching to his left hip with his right hand. From the air he conjured a blade, one of the ninjato he enjoyed wielding...and waited. :~

"You can head back...I can speak with you outside...if you see me start getting diced up...well...you'll know whats going on in here."

~: Outside in that fun little place we all refer to as reality Dallid can finally see his healing is having full effect. No new wounds appear, and it becomes mildly easier to close the ones already inflicted. It seems the storm is at a lull. :~
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith just simply shrugs

"Well if this is something that is a battle inside you, I can't really help, nor is it really my place, but usually If I have demons inside to fight, My blasted body parts dont start ripping themselves apart."

*Looks at him over his shoulder as he leaves this "reality"

"And who is this She that you keep speaking about?"
Serith Darkheart

Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

~: And in the physical realm Legion managed a groan and slowly but surely rolled onto his back. His eyes quested upward from his place of rest, settling on the sword lying on the ground before they go to Serith. There is a fury in his eyes, a burning that has the crimson lines painted onto his mask sear brilliant red in the darkness of the room. :~

"Shamil Tripmarble Goldenhair Pearsmasher Pointed-Stick-Mage Norsk...everyone called her Dizzy. She was Dani's traveling companion. A very, very long while ago they met up under unfavorable circumstances and became the best of friends. In our head...he planted that tree for her. Its all of his happy memories. He couldn't remember any after he became we, so he started making them with her."

~: Legion sighed, his lungs strained and his vocal chords a mess from the blood that had been roughing up his trachea, but he continued on. Better to speak through the pain and make this known to Serith and Dallid. Better to get it off his chest and into the darkness around. :~

"...The arch is one of every civilizations greatest creations. In order to achieve it though there has to be a capstone, a focal point. Everyone has a point they can reach before their capstone breaks, before it all crumbles inward. Well...she died, and that capstone just shattered for him."

~: Legion now had the strength to sit up, right knee drawn towards his chest as he rested his forearm against it. Still he kept his gaze directly on Serith, though he spoke so that all in the room were welcome to hear. :~

"Its gonna go something like this. I'm not going to let you take that sword away from me, because its the only defense I have against him right now. I'm really trying to convey how bad a situation this is. For the two of us, Dani and myself I was always the darkness, and he was the light. Well you just saw what happened in there, how far he's surpassed me. And I don't want to put you or anyone in any sort of dangerous situation all because some Guthrie bitch couldn't keep herself alive."

~: Now was the compromise, because he wanted to survive and at the same time attempt to appease everyone here. Because he wanted a place to call home, something he never had. So he had to muster up the courage to make this proposition. :~

"If you let me keep that sword, at least until I can break the curse on it...I will not use it. I will not wield it. I have other weapons. If I keep it on me I can use it up here."

~: He tapped his left temple twice, indicating the nightmare Serith had just returned from. :~

"It gives me the strength I need to overcome him. If you don't let me keep it, I'm going to die. He will kill me. He will destroy me until there is nothing left but him, and then he will regain control. And he is nothing but Vengeance right now, plain and simple. I can see him now, his goals. He's going to bring a hell down upon everyone responsible, and by his current lax standards EVERYONE is responsible. At least everyone whose coming back from Avanguard."

~: That out of the way, and it seems Legion's time is up mentally. He gives a sudden gasp, his right arm recoils from its perch on his knee. Rising up his bicep is yet another cut, inflicted mentally by the other essence within Legion. :~

"He's back again...figured I'd have more time. So...keep me, a slightly-angry but controllable monster...or gain an unstoppable force that's going to halve the population here and probably move on to wreck the shit out of the Portal..."
-Pious Flea, Legion/Dani
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Just shakes his head

"Im getting to old for this shit...."

*Looks to Dallid

"I cant do anything about it, If it were up to me that sword would have never been allowed into town."

*Looking to Legion

"And I believed someone when they said they would take it away from here and not let it return....but it seems that its the "Only Thing" keeping themselves from hurting everyone....Convient"

"I am leaving for a mission, if things havent improved when I get back, then we will Revisit this arrangement"

*Kneels down to Legion

"And I promise to make sure that that sword does not get used against ANYONE."
Serith Darkheart