Lesser channels + elf

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Zydana
GM

Lesser channels + elf

Post by Zydana »

Okay we all know that the racial boon.. err essence boon stacks with the channel skills, but I have some further questions..

to refresh everyone, here are the skills we are talking about.
Elf Lvl 3 - You can throw packets for "5 magic" for as long as you keep 1 foot planted on the ground. You may pivot around the 1 planted foot. If you are disrupted at any time while using this skill you take "5" damage and must re-load the skill to use it again. The elf can end this spell at any time at a cost of 5 damage.
Reload: This skill has a 1 minute reload time.

Essence boon
Lesser Channel
A character with this boon can summon forth the energy around them and fling it at a target, thereby causing damage. It takes an uninterrupted 10 seconds to charge this skill. Once you begin charging and until the packet is thrown, you must hold the spell packet in the air so others can see what you are doing—it is hard to hide a big ball of energy! Once the skill is charged you can use no other skills nor perform any actions except walking, talking, or running until the skill
is used. The damage from this skill is delivered through the use of a “spell packet” (See page 95) and ‘3 Magic’ must be called when the packet hits the target. Lesser channel can be used in conjunction with other Channel skills and is restricted to Light Armor

Empath
Lesser Channel
Empaths can summon forth the energy around them and fling it at a target, thereby causing damage. It takes an uninterrupted 10 seconds to charge this skill. Once you begin charging and until the packet is thrown, you must hold the spell packet in the air so others can see what you are doing—it is hard to hide a big ball of energy! Once the skill is charged the Empath can use no other skills nor perform any actions except walking, talking, or running until the skill is used. The damage from this skill is delivered through the use of a “spell packet” (See page 95) and ‘5 Magic’ must be called when the packet is thrown at the target.’ A specific target is not needed when charging this skill.
So empath + essence boon = an 8 magic call with 10 second charge time

Can you do Elf racial + essence boon for an 8 magic call with a 3 second charge time then a 1 minute cool down?

or

would it be like the empath + boon where you don't add the boon time so it would be an 8 magic call with no charge time and then a 1 minute cool down?

AND!!

Can you combine all 3 at once?

10 second charge for a 13 magic?

And then unless I missed a change somewhere, you can get a sage buff so that you can do the 13 magic with an 8 second charge time.

I guess the real question is, can you use the elf racial boon and the empath skill together? Do they stack?

Thoughts?!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

The level 3 elf skill does not stack with the other skills.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Lesser channel can be used in conjunction with other Channel skills and is restricted to Light Armor

If that is now untrue, it should be noted and clarified somehow so it can be changed in the off season.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

actually, you'd just need to put a blip in the elf racial skill about it.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

the elf race discipline skill for 5 magics is not a channel skill, only the empath has channels and the channel essence boon
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Correct, the essence boon and the empath lesser channel stack, just not the racial elven skill, which should probably have a different name.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

exactly.

it is not a channel, and not stacking is intentional.
Travis Cole
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Ark wrote:the elf race discipline skill is not a channel skill
Ah! Good catch. Apparently my mind decided to ignore that fact. I blame it's because the 2 skills are so similar and I'm used to being able to use the skills together.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Level 3: Focused Channel
The Elf may spend sixty seconds to throw 5 magic continuously as long as you stand in
one spot. The moment you move or take damage/effect the effect is disrupted. This skill
does not stack with other abilities
Thats from the H&V book...

It says it in there about nothing else stacking, and yes it prolly should not be called Focused Channel...but that is an easy fix.
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

I got my quote from the rules update thread. I guess it changed when it made it into the book then?