Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

wow, thats not good

Post by Ark »

eater of the dead - savage

Level 2: Consume Brain
Upon eating the brain of a target that is already dead, the Eater of the Dead can ask the target one yes or no question that the target MUST answer truthfully.

seer - privliged, common, savage

Level 2: Probe Mind
The Seer can enter the mind of unconscious, living targets. While there, the seer may spend a life point to ask one yes or no question that must be answered truthfully. Multiple life points may be used but the Seer may not be healed during the questioning or the skill is interrupted. Due to the instinctive responses of the mind, this skill may not be used twice on the same target during an event. This skill may not be used again on anyone until the Seer rests for five minutes per life point spent during the questioning. Note that all other skills may be used without resting, but no skills may be used during the reload period.

could someone explain to me why probe mind is SO MUCH better than another level 2 skill??
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

How is it better?

One gets to ask one question on a dead person (and is now missing a brain for rez purposes) and the other gets to ask one question on living person.

explain.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

probe mind will be brought in line with torture, an anything that resists it, will resist probe mind. the same is true of using a hero point, and it is a Mind effect.(wait for the rule update)

with that in mind, sure the probe gets more questions, but dead men can not wriggle out of it. are they a spy? murder them and ask the question. can't use a hero point when u are dead.
Travis Cole
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Probe Mind also requires an LP for each question. The Eater of the Dead asks his question without cost.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Yes, there is no cost however. The person MUST be dead for "eater" skill to even be used. There also must be a body left. As one of the few players that has actually played an eater of the dead, it is extremely frustrating when all of the NPC's that come into town are undead, or otherwise explode upon death. The way I understand it you can use Probe Mind on basically anyone you can capture and incapacitate.

I too have issue with the imbalance between the level 2 seer skill and the level 2 eater skill. It was fine when seer was a hidden discipline and required in game questing to gain the skills. Now that it is open I truly feel many of the skills of the former hidden disciplines are over powered when compared to other discipline skills at the same level. This goes not just for seer, but also for paladin and the others.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

thank you fionna

the eater skill you only get one question, they also die, so you are limited on the people you question, as i doubt you want to kill them if your going to question them, thats a big step to make.

were the seer skill you can use on anyone, just sleep them, ask all your questions, done, IF you want to kill them, you can, if you dont, you dont have to.

here is what i see

eater = HAVE to kill them for 1 question
seer = dont have to kill them for MANY questions

....that does not seem right to me
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

here is what you are missing

eater = HAVE to kill them for 1 question
seer = dont have to kill them for MANY questions

eater: no way to resist ever. (100% reliable)
seer: will be resistible with a variety of things. (50% reliable)

that's a huge difference.
Travis Cole
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Ahh, I see. I misread that they may only spend one life point = they may only ask one question. That made the next sentence rather confusing.

Would it be too horribly nerfed if it were changed to the seer can only use this skill once per event? Meaning multiple questions, one target and then that's it for the event.

just a thought.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

im glad to see there working on it cole, i will hold my thoughts until i see the rule updates
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

Zydana wrote: Would it be too horribly nerfed if it were changed to the seer can only use this skill once per event? Meaning multiple questions, one target and then that's it for the event.
Keep in mind that Probe Mind cannot be more than once on the same individual (be they PC or NPC) during an event. I think this alone keeps it from becoming too powerful. Why have a skill that can only be used one time per event? That hardly seems fair to me.
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Keep in mind that Probe Mind cannot be more than once on the same individual (be they PC or NPC) during an event. I think this alone keeps it from becoming too powerful. Why have a skill that can only be used one time per event? That hardly seems fair to me.
When, using current rules, the Seer could potentially ask 44 questions per use of the skill.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Morgan wrote: When, using current rules, the Seer could potentially ask 44 questions per use of the skill.
wait - how does one get 44 life points? I know there are abilities that allow you to temporarily increase your current life points, but by 35 - 40 points seems rather extreme. Also remember, we are talking life points, not soak.
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

I'm not one to sit around and calculate how certain rules are "broken" so to speak. It has been explained to me how the Probe mind skill combined with one of the new Healer skills can give you a ridiculous amount of life points and, therefore, let yo ask too many questions. As a player, I am aware of this, but as a character, I would not have any knowlege of the Healer skill that can do this. That would simply be bad roleplaying in my opinion.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

There is a skill that allows you to gain Permanent Life points. This could theoretically allow you to get up to 45 LP. Ergo 44 questions. Is this likely to happen ..No... but it is possible.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Or you can gain 45 temporary life points and do it in 9 minutes.
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane