Preparing for farewells

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Like Gypsum, you should cease focusing your attention inward, Morgan, and consider those about you and their surroundings. Think what, indeed, may pose a threat to a young unarmed woman in the wilderness. Think what folly such a woman may discover in such a setting when flailing about aimlessly in a desperate search for an unknown solution to a consuming grief.”

“And Gypsum – you must realize how your mother, sister, and brother each hurt as powerfully as you. While they all stand ready to comfort you and lend you strength, they, too, deeply need you to be there for them. Do not compound their misery by running away, but hold them close and fortify one another with your love.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Morgan perks up

"She's looking for something? I'm good at finding things! What's she looking for?"
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Karen
New in Town
New in Town

Smoke

Post by Karen »

Gypsum stops and looks over her shoulder at Morgan.

"I need gloves. Gloves for working."

She turns to face Dallid with a theatrical smile, chin down, looking up with wide eyes in an attitude of studied innocence.

She looks like she might speak, but the wind shifts suddenly, bringing the scent of woodsmoke. She's once again much older than thirteen, and at the same time very, very young.

"Leave me alone," she says to no one in particular. "If you say another word I will..."

Leaving her sentence unfinished she walks quickly toward the ceremony, obviously trying to distance herself from the rest of the group.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Before she leaves Aurora, who has been silent for a good majority of the time as if deep in thought takes off the gloves she is wearing and hands them to the girl.*

*She then turns to the group*

Right now, best to just listen to her. Give her time to greeve and all and then approach speaking with her. She's in pain right now, a deep pain that one does not get over easily and well to me she appears to be the type that doesn't want to be all caring and sharing with her feelings right now.

*Her gaze turns to Esmerelda*. When you have a moment, I need to talk to you.
Last edited by Aurora on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid allows Gypsum to gain some distance, but continues to follow her to the ceremony. Every moment seemed to verify his worse suspicions. That look Gypsum had given him was empty of grief but strong in ambition, confidence, and mischief. She was scheming, rather than thinking. Focusing on tasks to complete and work requiring gloves, rather than coping with loss. And why cope, when what has been lost will be recovered? Only the scent of her father’s pyre had brought her back to the present.

“She intends to bring him back, regardless of cost, and believes she has found a way. I fear this can only end in tragedy.”
Karen
New in Town
New in Town

Aurora's Gift

Post by Karen »

Gypsum looked startled as she accepted Aurora's gloves. As she reached to take them, the scratches from her precocious herb work showed clearly.

She smiled ruefully at her wounds, then gratefully at the gloves. She met Aurora's eyes for a long look before nodding her thanks. Aurora could see the girl's gratitude for the understanding in Aurora's words.

Gypsum was out of earshot by the time Dallid spoke.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora nods at the girl*

*After she leaves and Dallid speaks, Aurora's green eyes gaze into Dallid's a bit of annoyance can be seen.*

Then keep an eye on her if you think she'll do something like that but give her some space to deal with what's happened to her. All you are going to do right now is drive her even further down a dark path if you keep pressuring her right now.

The means and the motive are wrong. He's dead and died of natural causes, but for a young girl loosing her father is like getting the wind knocked out of you or so I've been told. Little girls tend to hold their father above anyone else when they are young and I know for me that "father type" figure would be my Uncle Mohdri. They become the measure by which men are judged by.

She is far to young to have moved on into I don't quite know how to say this, move on to anther male figure who means as much to her as her father did.

Besides who are some people here to judge her actions, myself included. Measures have been taken to bring some us our own people back that well some might not see as being the right thing to do even if it's what our hearts or whatever truly wished.

*She takes a deep breath*

In a sense what she may or may not do is no worse than the things and the lengths some of us have gone.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Indeed. Some of us have done truly terrible things. If attrocity is intended here, I will toil to counter it."

With that, and seeing Gypsum arrive amongst family and friends, Dallid turns and begins heading back to Innogen's dwelling.
Karen
New in Town
New in Town

Travel Montage

Post by Karen »

OOG (or is it?!)

You encounter the most awe inspiring, heart stopping, thrilling, chilling, tear-jerking, hilarious, unnerving, thought-provoking, mind-bending, romantic puzzle combat ever dreamt of in this or any other world on the way to Innogen's place.

It's too magnificent to be narrated here.

Let me know if talking to Innogen should happen in this thread, another one, or *gasp* IN PERSON!!!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

I had started another thread, but RPing in person at the next event is fine.

Clearly, Dallid conquored the puzzle-battle with extreme heroism and valor. :P