Preparing for farewells

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Preparing for farewells

Post by Esmerelda »

As the first light of dawn breaks over the horizon, Esmerelda is quietly at work in the kitchen of the keep. She kneads the loaves of bread she set out to rise overnight and sets them in the oven to bake. Going to the larder, she begins to pack a basket with food goods. She has a sad, far away look as she clips flowers from the pots in the window off the castle and ties them together with a ribbon.

She is not looking forward to this afternoon. Today she must help bury a father. Today she needs to find the right words to help two little girls let their father go. Words she knows won't be enough. But hopefully at least just being there will bring some comfort.

Today she must help bury Cody. As she thinks about all of this, her eyes begin to mist up...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora walks into the kitchen and notices Esmerelda.*

M'lady are you alright? Is there anything I can do for you?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid walks in.

“Cody’s pyre is built, and all is in readiness, save Gypsum is still missing. Rebecca is trying to be strong for her children, but with her husband’s death and daughter’s disappearance, she’s at her wits end. The funeral is on hold for Gypsum’s return, but it can’t wait for long.”

“A number of their neighbors are out looking for her, and I believe we should help, as well. I understand she tends to spend time with an elderly woman not far away. Perhaps we can start there.”
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda shakes her head sadly.

"Thank you Aurora, but I was just putting together some things to take to Rebecca. That way she doesn't need to worry about cooking for her family and the visitors she is sure to have during this sad time."

She give Dallid a worried look. "Gypsum is still not back? That worries me. I'd be happy to help look for her."

"Do you know where her elderly companion lives?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Esmerelda and Dallid*

Might you two maybe need me to do some scouting and all to help you find her?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods. “A skilled scout may well be a boon for this search. If she is not at the elder’s place, perhaps we can discover where we might pick up her trail.”

“Peter told me which house to seek. We will speak to the elder and hope for a lead, if not resolution.”
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at the two of them and grabs her shield.*

I don't mind helping out at all and besides I don't want anyone else getting any funny ideas about taking you again m'lady.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda nods. "That was an experience I do not wish to soon repeat. Let's get going. Rebecca has enough on her mind without having to worry about finding her missing daughter!

Gathering up her things, she puts on her cloak and walks towards the door.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

As Esmerelda heads toward the door, she almost runs into Fionna on her way back in from a gathering session in the woods.

"Would you like some company where ever you are of to?" Seeing the concern on her friends face, "Is there anything I can do to help?"
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

The group see Morgan wamdering through the trees, occasionally picking up a leaf or twig that catches his eye, only to discard it when he finds something else interesting. He reaches into his satchel, retrieves an apple, and take a heroic bite out of it. He smiles contentedly, then notices the rest of the group. He waves and shouts, bits of apple flying from his mouth

"Hi! I'm glad you found someone to open those manacles. You'd look kinda funny with no hands."

He trots over towards the group, half-eaten apple in hand

"What'cha doing?"
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

To both Fiona and Morgan. “We seek to find a child named Gypsum who has now been missing for a full day. Any aid you are willing to offer would be appreciated.”
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

Leo hears the movement around him and springs to his feet from the post he dosed at as the sun rose.

"Wha!-whoa,"He falls to a knee as he stands to fast.

As he falls, the hand that touches the ground has a dagger in it as if he'd slept with it all all night grasped in his palm.

"Damn shadows always fogging my eyes up. Did I hear Scout?"

As he stands again, stowing his dagger, he pulls a slice of bread from his pouch and starts eating.

"If you need a scout you'll have trouble finding one better, Me and Adam will find anything that can still be found."
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

¤º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„ ¸Free to do what I want Forever!! º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤
Morgan
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Morgan »

Morgan grins

"As it so happens, finding stuff is my specialty. Gypsum, huh? Nifty name..."

He starts wandering off, muttering to himself

"If my name was Gypsum, where would I be..."
Morgan Cyprian
Dwarf-Brother
Valken-kin
Gloom Bane
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid nods to Leo. “Two scouts are better than one, with three being ideal. If you and Adam will assist, we will have our three along with Aurora, here. “

He then turns to Morgan. “We do have a lead. Gypsum likes to spend time with an elder woman, and we’re on our way to check that dwelling. She normally does not stay for more than a few hours, but now she is very distraught, so perhaps she did stay overnight. Gypsum’s father passed away from natural causes two days ago.”
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda gives Fionna a sad smile. "You're more than welcome to come. It never hurts to have an extra healer present, although I hope that we won't need any. Hopefully Gypsum hasn't come to any physical harm in her absence. She's very distraught over her father's passing. She did not want him to die."

Turning to Leo and Morgan, she adds, "Yes, you would both be quite welcome to come as well. Although we need to move quickly, before her trail grows too old."

Looking at Dallid, she asks, "Which way to her friend's home?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,