A few questions

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

if a healer is healing someone with the Regen skill, does having that skill speed up the time it takes for the healer to heal said player?
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

nope
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Neither does first-aid help someone regen faster.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

I was looking through the rule updates and just so happened to find something interesting. Since regenerate is now a time based skill instead of a passive one, and since time based skills work like charge skills, this means that I can no longer be moving and regenerating at the same time. Kinda lame...

Also, any news on my original questions? We kinda went off track there for a minute.
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Regenerate says it's passive...
Level 1: Regenerate - Passive
A Barbarian can regenerate half of any lost Life Points in 4 minutes and may regenerate all lost Life in 8 minutes. To regenerate, the Barbarian cannot be performing any strenuous activity such as combat or using skills. However, they can walk and talk normally and still regenerate. Note that while regenerating, the Barbarian can also recover any lost armor points granted through combat reflexes. For every additional skill that grants regeneration, the time is cut in half. (ie. 2 levels = half in 2:00, 3 levels = half in 1:00, etc)
But Combat Reflexes says passive recharge active. What does 'recharge active' mean?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

It means that when you are healing your combat reflexes, it is an active skill and so cannot use other active skills during this time
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

you missed the part in timed skills can be moved with if they do not require a target.

"Any player may be the target of as many of these skills as they wish as long as none of the skills specifically prevent casual interaction without being disrupted, but the player may not perform any strenuous action or move beyond sitting/standing, role playing gestures, or talking (i.e. no combat). If the target does not do this, or is struck, he/she disrupts all the skills targeting them at the time. The target may not be carried by others without disrupting the skill(s) being used on them. If you are performing a skill on a target (the lock, trap or the person being healed) that you must stay within roughly two feet, or weapons reach, of the target. If you have to take an action to avoid being disrupted you are disrupted. "
Travis Cole
Phinkis
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Phinkis »

cole45 wrote:any strenuous action or move beyond sitting/standing, role playing gestures, or talking
Actually according to that you can't.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

those are examples.

we can clean up up the wording, but you get the gist.
Travis Cole
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Crist0 wrote:If you were to make it so that I could only block, that would make this skill more balanced.
I know we've probably moved on, but I like this. It still makes the ability pretty nifty and dramatic. I'd even be okay with being able to swing zero (with whatever HPs do on top of that).

Edit: LOL, NM. I see you guys fixed this already. :)
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Why is it that Barbarians can use their fear ability while they're using crush but a swashbuckler can't use disarm while they're using vorpal? I picture the vorpal skill as the swashbuckler going completely on the offensive and deftly striking at holes in their oppenents armor, why can't I disarm their weapon in my super flurry of dexterity and finesse?
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Fear is 3rd level
Disarm is 3rd level

Fear makes your opponent unable to defend themselves for 10 seconds. You don't have to run away, you just can't attack or use any other skills other than flee.

Disarm makes you unable to attack unless you...

-Have another weapon on hand
-Have ambidexterity or claws
-Have parry

On top of that you can still use your other skills.

My suggestion is to not allow people to use fear while raging or using barbarian crush.