The morning after the rain

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks at him*

If you don't mind maybe we can talk about that sometimes. I mean the Caldeonian's had their own code and all but...maybe I should get more in touch with more of my bloodline than just the part that is a witch-hunter.

Perhaps I should do more than just honor my grandmother and those of the Darksbane line and understand more of my parents heritage...

Want to come with me and see what's going on with this gargoyle?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Francesco snaps back to reality. A moment passed where he was in his own little world. He clears his throat and addresses Aurora

"Yes...Spike is not a danger or anything but we should direct him outside with his...food"
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

*Altearez shakes his head at how the knight deals with the situation.*

"A knight such as your self should know that the most chivalrous act is not to always stand ignorantly in the way of conflict. As a knight back home I always thought the problem with the majority of my people, is that they lacked understanding of those other than themselves, and these are of the same people we fought in our recent war. Remember that there is a story behind every creature."
ImageImageImage
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora shakes her head*

Altearez, don't you find Ulfgar's behavior odd? Don't you wonder what all happened in Avantguard? There are two sides to every story and I would like to hear the other side from others that were there.

Something when down that resulted in how Ulfgar now looks and for Theon's death for that matter...

...poor Theon...I still can't believe he is just gone. I can't except that not after what I saw during the battle.

*Back to Francesco*

Yeah we better talk to this Spike about the food thing...
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Leo
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Leo »

As Leo walks out with Ulfgar, he turns after Altearez speaks.

"Thats rite, Alt...*He chuckles a bit*, We sure learned that one the hard way so many moons ago."

He turns to listen to the group a few moments before he exits.

"I was once a stray to sociaty, look at me now! I serve the Queen, Such a High duty, I would ave never thought I could make it to such great heights...Everyone has their own fight, their own demons, and shining qualitys and faults."

"A lesson can be learned for everyone here, Take each man with a grain of salt, and be first to humble yourself and not be so sharp tounged for a bout."
Leo Edanis of Geldaland

¤º°¨ ¸„ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„ ¸Free to do what I want Forever!! º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ ¸„ø¤º „¸¨°º¤
witcheater
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by witcheater »

the corner is filled with the snapping of wet bone, as the creature breaks the troll's kneecap in his teeth. rivers of bone meal and soft marrow spill out on the sides of its mouth.
"There are some who call me, spike."
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

"Yes Aurora, I understand that Ulfgar was in the wrong, but the man was apparently attacked by a supposed sheriff without a trial or any real truth, yes this is his side but all I know is one of my guards is hurt, if he ends being the who who is lying It will be handled in a correct manner not by some rouge sheriff, but i doubt it because if you've ever known Ulfgar he would tell you if he wanted someone dead and he'd give a damn good reason for it, I have never seen a piece of true evil in his words or actions. Every one makes mistakes but that doesn't make them evil, and when it comes to the matter of sir Francescos I merely hold him to a higher standard for being a knight, and he wasn't necessarily wrong, I have just been in the same situation many times and I have found in my 250 or so years of hardships and successes that the majority of the time letting something go is more chivalrous than instigating a conflict. Especially a conflict with a man who has just been attacked of course that man is going to argue he's has been, what he believes, wrongfully punished by someone who doesn't seem to know all the facts."

*most of Altearez's statements come out matter of factly as if he isn't trying to start conflict but as if he is trying to show others true insight to what he really believes.*
ImageImageImage
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Altearez*

If we were in a civilized society back before the cataclysm then sure your statements would make more sense with established government and laws and such.

Last time I was in Avantguard there were pretty much no rules and all and people could run around killing each other and allowing themselves to be food for vampires.

All I'm saying Altearez is that we need to hear the other side of the story as well. Yes, it sucks that Ulfgar is hurt and if it was injust then maybe Ulfgar shouldn't ever return to Avantguard. But we need more facts before assuming anything.

It was also just wrong of Ulfgar to pick a fight with Sir Francesco. Sure he's emotionally unstable from whatever happened but it appears to me he was pushing the boundries, just because he thought he would back down.

I don't know maybe I'm still trying to accept that my friend Theon is dead.

*She looks at Altearez*

Umm...shouldn't you be talking to Spike overthere?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid frowns and says to no one in particular. "Honor comes from within - no one else can bestow it, nor take it away. It is not a tangible badge, nor a memorized oath. It is doing what you know to be good and right, without compromise, regardless of cost, and despite how others may view your actions."

"Avantgard may have had good reason to do what they did to Ulfgar - I can see how he might be viewed as a prime suspect. But if he is innocent and honest, as I am inclined to believe, then he now feels very hurt and betrayed."

"In such an hour of need, his friends must be strong for him. They must allow his vented anger to break against supportive wills that return only confort and solidarity."

"Unfortunately he found little strength avaiable here."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Crist0
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Crist0 »

Cristo stumbles into the keep. An empty bottle at his side. His usual heartwarming grin was nowhere to be seen. Instead, a look of anger, sorrow, and fatigue covered his face, The overpowering smell of rum however, followed him into the keep.

"Before everyone starts bombarding me with questions and everything, I've got a request. I need somebody to guide me to the fishing village. I'd go by myself but I don't know the way."
"Taunt!" (that means bring it...)
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

*Altearez looks at spike*

""... Well I really don't want to end up like that troll... Hey Spike can u take your snack outside please, it would be much appreciated."
ImageImageImage
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Cristo her eyes wide as she feel like she is seeing a ghost after talking about him a little while ago. She looks deeply concerned at the rum soaked pirate.*

I'll take you. I promised you and your brother stuff like this and more. You also smell like a brewery which I don't blame you for and you'll need someone..well someone like me.

*Looks at the others*

Inform Esmerelda I'm helping out a friend. I'll be back as soon as I can.

*Back to Cristo*

Ready?
Last edited by Aurora on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Francesco attempts to aid Altearez usher Spike outside with his food.

"Yes Spike you are making a mess in here. Please take your food outside and enjoy it there."
witcheater
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by witcheater »

The creature nuzzles his meat Popsicle and growls in a low tone, like the sound of rocks being crushed in the distance.

"Meat."
"There are some who call me, spike."
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Francesco is careful not to get to close to Spike or make any sudden movements

"Yes...It's meat. Please take it outside Spike. And when you are done come inside so you can clean up this mess you have made. We all have to do our part in maintaining the keep."