The morning after the rain

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

The morning after the rain

Post by Esmerelda »

As the sun began to peek over the horizon, two weary travellers made their way back to the gates of the keep. The storm had blown itself out during the night and the sun rose over a world the was washed clean.

Esmerelda smiled as they approached the gates. She'd planned on getting an early start to go out to the villages, but perhaps not quite this early! At least now she'd be able to make breakfast before everyone set out. She was so tired she couldn't remember who had said they'd wanted to accompany her. But the smell of breakfast was sure to wake them all.

Thanking Dallid for the adventerous evening, she went to the kitchen and began to cook. Soon the smell of bacon and eggs wafted through the rooms of the castle...
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smells the bacon and like an alarm clock it wakes her up. She walks over to the kitchen after a yawn and a quick stretch. She turns her attention to Esmerelda.*

Need help in the kitchen?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid informed Esmerelda he’d be waiting at the tavern, excused himself, and stepped outside. He walked across the damp courtyard, out the gate, and down the road. A few villagers were all ready up and about – preparing their shops for the day or headed to market. Upon reaching the tavern, he sat upon its fence along the road.

It was a good place to meditate. He could see a good distance in either direction along the road, hear even further, and remain readily available to anyone who might seek aid. If there was trouble anywhere nearby, he’d be immediately alerted.

His vessel was tired, having not slept the previous night. Muscles were sluggish, and focused thought difficult. He allowed it to sleep deeply in place while his consciousness expanded into the surrounding wilderness, ever seeking signs of distress in the local area, but fortunately finding nothing of note today. In an hour or so, his vessel should recover enough to respond well again to his will. Meanwhile he’d remain vigilant, while also enjoying his presence in the living world.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Fionna enters the keep from a morning walk. She has her usual satchel full of fauna from the area. She delicately stomps the mud from her boots and hangs her cloak.

Upon entering the main room she smells breakfast.

"Es, what in the world are you doing up this early? Do you feel ok?" She says jovially.

She drops off her finds at her ever present lab, washes her hands, dons her apron, and begins to help with breakfast.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda blinks sleepily at her friends.

"Babies who decide to be born in the wee smalls of the morning may be a blessing for their parents, but not for those who attend to the birthing. And I figured since we were going to make an early start to check up on things in the villages, I might as well just start breakfast.

"Aurora, if you could get water going for tea, that would be wonderful..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith drops down from the upper level with a delicate thud.

"An Early start, and Im taking my post."

*Serith grabs the sundial on the table top and sits right outside of the kitchen waiting for his ever present nourishment of BACON CAKE!

"There, Ive taken up my posistion"
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora goes and gets the water and begins heating it up for tea.*

Sounds like a rough night Esmerelda.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Are you coming with us? You'd be more than welcome."

Looking at the wine rack on the wall, Esmerelda frowns.

"Was there a party after I left last night? One of my best bottles of wine is missing!"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Fionna glances to the rack and notices the missing bottle.

"If there was, it must have occurred after most of us went to bed. Soon I'll be able to start on some new batches at least, some of the early berries will ready in a few weeks."

She continues with breakfast. The changes in the weather have put a new smile on her face lately.

"Oh by the way, I was able to get some yarn from one of the local shepherds and I finished a blanket for the newest member of town."
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at the two women and does not appear happy.*

Figures, people can be some of the most selfish...

Great (sarcasm) hope this isn't a prelude of what's to come.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

there is a loud thump that echoes through the keep, it sounded like something had been hurled at the door and the sound of metal clattered against the floor outside.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora's blade begins to glow and the look in her eyes becomes something much harder than normal.*

I'll be back I'm going to check that out.

*Aurora heads towards the "thud".*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:aurora opens the gate to the keep and sees a most disturbing site, it was ulfgar, laying at her feet, it looks as if he had been beat within the very inches of his life, his face was destroyed and his left eye was bleeding and black from the dried blood and his body was riddle with bruises, he looked up at her.

"aurora...." : those were the only words the dwarf was able to muster before he fell into unconsciousness:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra steps into the common area upon hearing all of the commotion. She stretches, reaching into the air as she yawns.*

Good morn- *Her greeting is cut short, as she catches site of Ulfgar*

Goodness, fair dwarf! What happened?!?
Azra Celevares
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Francesco walks down the stairs of the keep

"Good morning"

He then looks over to Ulfgar and nods his head in disappointment

"These dwarves need to calm their drinking down. Staying up all night getting drunk and beating each others faces in until morning is no way to conduct yourself in a civilized society. Such behavior is unacceptable."