The morning after the rain

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

: ulfgars eyes narrowed as he pushed past Altearez and Leo to face Francesco:

" yeh want a shot at the fear of Silvandar gramps?"

:ulfgar stared right back into the knights face, the clouded eye pulsing as it tried to focus:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora's face narrows her sword starts glowing as well as her green eyes.*

Ulfgar, stand the pit of creation down!! You WILL show this man more respect than you have from the get go. Your behavior for starters is leading me to believe Ziera might have had good reason to do whatever it was he did.

Altrez, Leo...get Ulfgar out of here please until he either wises or sobers up. Having both men get into a sword fight in the middle of the catle is disrecpectful to Esmerelda and the others who reside here.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Francesco posture relaxes a bit

"I accept your challenge Ulfgar Silverbrow. On the first day of the third week of the sailors month we shall duel. This will give us time to put our affairs in order should one of us be perminantly maimed or killed. The duel shall be to first blood and the weapons shall be longswords. May the most honorable man prevail."

Francesco takes small step back, puts his fist over his heart, and gives Ulfgar a slight bow
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra watches the exchange, one eyebrow raised, then stands to address Francesco.*

Do you think it is honorable to challenge a man who is so full of brew he knows not of what he speaks?
Azra Celevares
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith looks on with a half amused/half annoyed look on his face

"Simply Amazing...."

*Gathering his cloak he heads out of the building

"I have better things to do than watch a pissing match."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
witcheater
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by witcheater »

the nine hundred pound gargoyle steps in to the building, dragging a giant bleeding troll arm so fresh the skin around the arm-shoulder joint is still slioghtly regenerating. It makes a bloody striek across the floor as the thing stomps into a corner and Perch/sits , his tail slamming against the stone as it nuzzles the torn flesh with it's wicked tongue. Drool and tangled rank maggots tumble from the spaces in its teeth as it gnaws upon the gory treat.

The creature makes a clicking noise of tooth on bone and it's twisted ruin of wings twitch, beating against the window at the raw pure joy of meat.
"There are some who call me, spike."
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Watches as the massive beast moves past him.

"And it gets even more interesting..."

*Walks out the door into the courtyard
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*The witch-hunters eyes grow wide*

What the....
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar breathes in a deep breath and lets it out.. relaxingly, he also gives a small bow towards Francesco:

"very well then.." :ulfgar heads back to Altearez and Leo:

"lets go lads, it appears meh company is no longer wanted here."

:as he heads toward the door ulfgar stops and faces aurora:

"yeh know, i can do that too : as ulfgar begins to glow a dark blue, and for a split second the glow shifts from blue to a menacing red and black, he then exits the keep passing the massive beast and giving a look as if to say "well then, this is new":
Last edited by Rothek on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

"Young lady, this dwarf has challenged me. I even gave him a chance to retract the challenge. As the one who was challenged I have been generous enough to make it so the duel is to first blood instead of death and give him plenty of time to sober up and change his mind. And to be frank, the alchohol has not been in his belly long enough to truly impair his judgement."

"Some people view honor and chivalry as outdated customs that cause more problems than they are worth. I do not share that sentiment. I will not allow myself, nor any of those around me be bullied. Honor is about taking a stand for what you believe in. Chivalry is be courteous and tactful regardless of my personal feelings, and being respectful of those around me."

"The duel allows two men to settle their differences without others being harmed and settles whatever the problem is that the two are having. As both men behave honorably none shall lose any honor. Ulfgar said challenged my honor. If he prevails in combat then he is proven correct, and I have no honor. If I prevail it proves that I do have honor. Whatever the outcome the debate is settled. In this case both men should walk away and be able to live their lives."
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra watches the beast lumber toward the corner, not exactly sure how to react. She sits down again, rubbing her temple with one hand.*

Maybe I need a drink myself...
Azra Celevares
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at him*

I know you can but you are being a bully, a jacakass, and overall just not a nice person to people who faught along side you. You should have backed down when you were informed the man here is an old friend of Esmerelda's but no you had to go and push it.

You sir insulted a Knight from a Kingdom actually I hale from, in fact both of my parents were knights. These men and women are good people and trust me right now I respect him a whole lot more then I do you for that is now twice you decided to attempted to intimidate me.

They have a code and all one can respect, but guess you'll learn that when you duel him. They are also fighters the likes of which you haven't seen.

*Aurora pauses for a moment*

Hum...wonder what all we'd be told about you Ulfgar if we went over to Avantguard and talked to Ziera. Your actions towards this man absolutely has me curious now. I wonder what the others who travel to both places have to say about your actions.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Upon Francesco's reply, Azra looks up to him and tilts her head to the side. The look on her face was curious in nature.*

I do think somebody should put him in his place, but I also know we don't understand the mental state he is in. Apparently those who returned from Avengard this moon are distressed. I just don't want to see anybody killed for foolish words.

*She shrugs* But if you swear it to be to first blood, I cannot oppose.
Azra Celevares
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Francesco*

I apologize for the dwarf Francesco and also if I over-stepped. Just, seeing you reminds me of Silverthorne and well my parents. Not to mention Esmerelda speaks highly of you and any close friend of Esmerelda's well you know...

*She looks at Azra*

Ulfgar is lucky it's only to first blood.
Last edited by Aurora on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

"Well Aurora the kingdom of Silverthorn fell long ago and with it so did the knighthood. But there are some of who still maintain their code."

Francesco once again puts his fist over his heart

"Always speak the truth"
"Defend the weak, even if it means your life"
"Act with chivalry at all times"
"Amass no personal wealth beyond what is needed to survive"
"Fight your enemies with honor"
"Offer quarter to those who request it"
"Show respect to the fallen"
"Never turn down an honest request for aid"
"Duty before all else"

He then pounds his fist against his chest three times

"That is my code. And as such it is my life."