new rule updates

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

You cannot buy jack of all trades skills individually. You either take the path or you don't take any part of it. Just to clarify
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Hey just noticed this...um under the Core changes thread regeneration is as given by Gavin and Barbarian is listed as not being passive but if you scroll down to the list of time based skills it is also there....so um which is it?
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

The skill itself is a Passive skill, as you do not need to do count or spend a LP to activate it.. taking damage is what activates the regeneration, and once it is active it becomes a Time based skill..

i hope that makes sense..

Combat reflexes is a similar skill.. the giving of the CR is Passive, whereas the recovering of the CR is Time based.
Hi.. I'm Aidan!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Alchemy/Arcane

Do you need to remake your Focus Item every event or just until something happens to it?

Can non Wizard/Arcanes make Focus Items and use them?

What did alcemists do to get boned over so badly? :wink:

If cursed can another Arcane cast Remove Curse or does it have to be the Arcane that cast it on you? What if that Arcane dies?

Circle of Protection - I'm so confused by this spell that I don't even know what to ask.

Displace Time - I know I can't hurt them while stopped, but can I search them? How about wrapping them in trip wire with a trap at their feet? Binding them?

Heroic Stand - Can you attack normally while under the effects of this spell?

Hero/Villain Expansion

Can you mimic the new racial disciplines?

The new black market stuff cuts off rather abruptly. Is there supposed to be more?

What is the difference between Duel Wield and Florintine? What if you have it twice?

Why does Seer have the equivilant of 3 master level path abilities? I had no problem with this when it was hidden and you had to do work to earn it but now that anybody can have it I'm a little sad about that.

In Dodge and a couple other skills they read "can move and perform all other actions without resting, but they may use no other skills while recharging." Is this supposed to be like Reloading or Cooldown or exactly as read?

Why does Tsunotaur discipline suck soooo much and all the other ones are cool? Trying to hit someone with a 5 vorpal with a fist is super difficult. Switch that to a 15 second charge to swing 5 crush with any weapon so that someone actually wants to use that. And does their 4th level ability only work on KO and not Sleep? Uber sadness.

"Taunt! Charm-Passify" - Is that allowed?

This is all till I can think of some more. Thanks!
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Alchemy/Arcane
Do you need to remake your Focus Item every event or just until something happens to it?
Every event and when something bad happens to it.
Can non Wizard/Arcanes make Focus Items and use them?
We are discussing this, but you would have to at least be able to cast 1 spell.
What did alcemists do to get boned over so badly?
This is not constructive. How did they get boned? They can now brew more potions than previously with the exception of making 1000000000000000 cure 1's an event. The cost of those potions are probably down, and you can brew them faster than ever before.
If cursed can another Arcane cast Remove Curse or does it have to be the Arcane that cast it on you? What if that Arcane dies?
We are still discussing this spell as mentioned in th e spell but this version only the arcan who cast it could remove it.
Circle of Protection - I'm so confused by this spell that I don't even know what to ask.
Yes it needs its wording fixed, but with no questios not much I can clarify
Displace Time - I know I can't hurt them while stopped, but can I search them? How about wrapping them in trip wire with a trap at their feet? Binding them?
That is a good question. I would say you cannot touch them in anyway so binding them would be out or wrapping their legs in a trap. We will update the spell description.
Heroic Stand - Can you attack normally while under the effects of this spell?
No yu cannot atack, you cannot do anything.

Hero/Villain Expansion
Can you mimic the new racial disciplines?
im going to say no but will discuss. Infact you cannot mimic anything in the expansion.
The new black market stuff cuts off rather abruptly. Is there supposed to be more?
Not sure what you mean
What is the difference between Duel Wield and Florintine? What if you have it twice?
Will discuss but probably nothing or everything.
Why does Seer have the equivilant of 3 master level path abilities? I had no problem with this when it was hidden and you had to do work to earn it but now that anybody can have it I'm a little sad about that.
I will let Mike field it
In Dodge and a couple other skills they read "can move and perform all other actions without resting, but they may use no other skills while recharging." Is this supposed to be like Reloading or Cooldown or exactly as read?
Yes that is a reload time before we defined reload it is an editing error
Why does Tsunotaur discipline suck soooo much and all the other ones are cool? Trying to hit someone with a 5 vorpal with a fist is super difficult. Switch that to a 15 second charge to swing 5 crush with any weapon so that someone actually wants to use that. And does their 4th level ability only work on KO and not Sleep? Uber sadness.
Will look at it.

"
Taunt! Charm-Passify" - Is that allowed?
Why wouldnt it be??? Could you describe the break you have in your head for me.

This is all till I can think of some more. Thanks!
Last edited by GM_Chris on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

What did alcemists do to get boned over so badly?

Mystic body, chocking cloud, and power of the vampire. THE END.

Tsunarour lvl 4, is

man at arms lets you resist a sleep(including knockout.) as such, giving them an IMMUNITY to knockout, is in line, since it doesn;t cost a life point, is more common than sleep, also they can't be vorpal knockoutted.

5 vorpal with a fist, is not that much harder than 5 v with a sword.

seer has three master path? Sleep is a advance path ability. Probe mind is not a master ince its weaker than torture by quite a bit. (limited to yes, no, takes life, requires reload.)

random sage hints are not even CLOSE to recall.

why does knight have 3 master path abilties? humm?
Travis Cole
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

So will regen won't work when poisoned?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Yeah, what do you mean seer has three master abilities? Level 1 is really just funny. level 2 is similar to eater of the dead level 2. Giving recall out at level 3 is really not broken. It's been playtested for years now. It's so not broken that we gave it out again with guthries. Level 4 is a sleep attack which is similar to the pld assassin fourth level so that sems about right to me.

What concerns do you have that I'm missing?
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

As for the abrupt cutoff on the expansion, you're right. Maybe there's a max post length that I exceeded. The rest will be up eventually but really it just goes over the actions that you can do in detail and then ends with military actions which have not changed from the old political rules.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

The alchemist thing was more of a joke. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything.

I will state the advantages of Probe Mind over Torture and then the advantages of Torture over Probe Mind.

Probe Mind Advantages

You can get multiple answers quickly. Where as with Torture it takes a long period of time to ask a single question which can usually be answered with a yes or no truthfully.

There is less of a roleplaying stigma associated with probe mind compared to torture because it does not hurt the recipient.

You can't resist it.

It costs less character points

Torture Advantages

You can use the skill as much as you want on a target.

You can ask specific questions.

You don't use LP while using this skill

This skill can be combined with another skill to shorten the torture times.

Things I think are equivilant between the two

To use Probe Mind the target has to be asleep (KO or Sleep). Torture the have to be restrained in some way. (Even if you have Resist Sleep I can just hit you down to 0 and then put you to sleep because you can't use resist skills at 0. Takes about as much effort as tying someone up.)

At best these skills are EQUAL. Which would put it on par with Torture in Interogator, which is a 3rd level skill limited to Privilged and Common.

Recall at 3rd - I can get behind this being at this level. Really great ability for the level though.

Sleep at 4th - Can be channeled through a short weapon. It surges, making it a LOT easier to pull off sucessfully. You can move with it. It's harder to resist because it does not have "Magic" attached to the call. It has NO armor restriction. The only bad thing is you can't throw it.

Suggestion

Throw an armor restriction on Sleep

Get rid of recall and make Probe Mind 3rd level

Give them resist charm at 2nd

Tsunataur Discipline

It is WAAAY harder to hit with a fist before you get hit. That is one of the balancing factors for Assassins 4th level ability. Crush is way more appropriate and not overpowered. It works well for Druids why not another discipline?

I personally would rather be able to resist sleep and KO, but I can see where being immune to one of them would be an advantage.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Probe Mind Advantages

You can get multiple answers quickly. Where as with Torture it takes a long period of time to ask a single question which can usually be answered with a yes or no truthfully.

There is less of a roleplaying stigma associated with probe mind compared to torture because it does not hurt the recipient.

this is not a balancing factor in ANYWAY. (it is just not. we dont care if poeple's feelings get hurt calling it torture.)

You can't resist it.

You can resist sleep, you can resist knockout. (it might be a good idea to call this a mind effec tthrough.)

It costs less character points (part of the balancing factor)

Torture Advantages

You can use the skill as much as you want on a target. HUGE

You can ask specific questions.

the scope of this is HUGE. To me, this one is SO big, that it makes it better in every cercumstance. HOw helpful are yes/nos on NPC? sure on a PC they are helpful, but you REALLY need the WHY of a person. to ask an NPC a yes no question you really need to already know everything about the plot. but WHY reveals so much more.

You don't use LP while using this skill

This skill can be combined with another skill to shorten the torture times.
Travis Cole
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Torture takes away life points, Probe Mind does not. I guess this can be seen as a good and bad thing.

You do not be able to comunicate with the target to get your answers with Probe Mind.

The ability to ask someone 7 yes or no questions in a row with no charge time.

Eat brain allows you to ask 1 question to a dead body at second level. I kinda see the advantage here because neither torture nor probe mind are able to be used on the dead. But do you think the two skills are in line?
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

Zeira wrote:The ability to ask someone 7 yes or no questions in a row with no charge time.
Um...Probe Mind can only be used twice on one target per event...and must rest 5 min per LP before moving on to someone else...
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Level 2: Probe Mind
The Seer can enter the mind of unconscious, living targets. While there, the seer may spend a life point to ask one yes or no question that must be answered truthfully. Multiple life points may be used but the Seer may not be healed during the questioning or the skill is interrupted. Due to the instinctive responses of the mind, this skill may not be used twice on the same target during an event. This skill may not be used again on anyone until the Seer rests for five minutes per life point spent during the questioning. Note that all other skills may be used without resting, but no skills may be used during the reload period.

Odds are you would blow a bunch of LP to get a bunch of questions answered. It just depends on how many LP you have.

I think the skills are equal, I'm not saying Probe Mind is a broken skill. I would like to see it at 3rd level, the same as Torture.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

i still don;t think it beats forture for the above reasons.
Travis Cole