On a rainy night

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Nods to Aurora as he takes a cookie and Smiles to Esmerelda

"Always do, its either a yell or a blast from a ball of essence Ive channeled and threw at what ever bad guy decided to get uppity."

*Serith Smiles
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Muffled voices of an extended conversation drift down from the loft.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda gives Ulfgar a concerned look.

"Are you alright?"

At Aurora's request to Serith she grimaces slightly.

"If we're going to be assulted in the main room of the keep, then I think there definintely is an issue. Besides, I don't need babysitting that badly," she mutters under her breath as Dallid and Aurora head upstairs.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar hangs his head at the question he was just posed:

"ah fear that ah am not m'lady, and ah am afraid that ah will not be able to fulfill meh duties as a guard of this castle. ah must make haste to avangard fer a friend and ally is gravely ill and ah must find a cure and if ah cannae do that, then ah will be with him in his final days,

please understand that this is something that 'as to 'appen

:clasps serith on the shoulder:

"worry not fer meh friend,thank you fer your council and we will have that drink in my halls... i promise.

:with that ulfgar gathers his belongings and heads for the door but not before giving a bow to esmerelda. afterward at almost a run ulfgar makes his way to the portal giving no thought to the storm outside:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Almost being run over by Ulfgar, Fionna enters the keep shaking the rain from her cloak. She's been spending a lot of time out and about even in the wretched weather. The satchel over her shoulder is over flowing with wet flora from the area.

"Is he ok? Seems to be moving awfully quickly out into this storm."

She stomps the debris off her boots on the rug at the door and hangs up her wet cloak.

"I love storms. It is always the best time to find Arrow Root and Pixie Moss. Both of which seem to be necessary ingredients around here."

She seems to be smiling a little more lately. She's spent much of the winter working on new recipes and familiarizing herself with her new home.

"Esmerelda, the storm has reminded me we are getting close to planting season. You know the farmers much better than I do, but I'd like to get to know everyone better. As soon as this weather clears, If you'd like some help checking in on everyone I'd be more than happy to help."
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Francesco DeLemuerte
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Francesco DeLemuerte »

Franchesco walks in from the rain and hangs cloak up on the wall. His armor is in polished with new straps and the holes in his chain are repaired. He then approaches Esmerelda and gives a small bow.

"Malachi does good work. This armor hasn't looked this good since it was fresh out of the forge! He truely does have a gift."

"With your permission I would also like to accompany you to meet some of the villagers and familiarize myself with the area. There is much work to be done and I wish to be of as much assistance as possible."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Safe journey!" Esmerelda calls after Ulfgar as he hurries out the door.

She smiles at Fionna and Francesco. "It would be my pleasure to have you accompany me on my travels. I was planning on going tomorrow to several of the farms. I need to make sure that all the returning Havenites are settling in and ready for the spring planting. We might need to get some people together to repair some of the roofs on the cottages that were abandoned during the occupation. And I need to check in with Farmer Monroe. He broke his leg and I want to make sure he's going he have enough help from his family. And Mrs. Willowby is due any day with the baby... Soo many things to do. Which reminds me, I shouldn't sit here idly."

She quickly goes to her room and returns to settle into one of the chairs of the keep. She starts sewing on some baby clothes.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid and Aurora descend from the loft.

“I will go to Monroe presently to mend his leg. I overheard Ulfgar depart - what news had offset him so?”
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora walks out looking drained but as if she released a wight from upon her shoulders.*

Yeah I overheard the same thing...

*Looks at Esmerelda and gives a smile and a nod to Fionna and Francesco*

So tomorrow we head out.

*Looks up at Serth*

I'll be back in a few, I want to see if I can find my Uncle if you don't mind.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:the door to the keep would and a figure about 3 feet in size would enter, dressed in a traveling cloak he pulled back the hood. it was a Guthrie, shaking off the rain from his cloak:

" particularly nasty weather this night, : as he turned he saw the others:

"oh, hello, is this the Castle Gravesbane? and if so would there be a- pulls out a sheet of parchment and squints at it:

"a lady, esmerelda and or lord Serith? present?"
:the Guthrie looks up from the parchment at the crowd awaiting a response:
Rothek HowlingFang
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora stops in her tracks and keeps an eye on the stranger.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

“Greetings. I am Dallid. You have the correct place. Who might you be, and for what purpose do you call?”
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:looks up at Dallid and walks over his cloak dragging on the floor:

pleased to meet you Dallid, my name is Sebastien, i am a messenger from the dwarven town of Shieldsfall and i was ordered to send word here from general Silverbrow.

:Sebastien pulls out a rolled letter and tied with a red silk ribbon from underneath his cloak and shows it to Dallid:

"the general instructed that this letter is to be delivered to either the lord Serith or lady esmerelda personally and without failure. :his head bobbing back and forth to note emphasis on the last two words:

"is either one of them here?"
Rothek HowlingFang
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Ulfgar mentioned something about a friend in Avengaurd being gravely ill and his wanting to go visit them. And my thank for going to see farmer Monroe. The local wise woman set his leg but she does not have the ability to mend the bone completely."

She turns to address the newcomer with a smile.

"I am the Lady Esmerelda. How may I be of service to you?"

She turns to her friend. "Fionna, would you get something warm to drink for the messenger? I'm sure the rain has chilled him this night."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:the little Guthrie's face lights up at Esmerelda's arrival and he proceeds to her and greets her with a polite bow:

"ah, lady esmerelda, my name is Sebastien Midwicket and it is General Silverbrow's wish for me to give this message you" :Sebastien hands a rolled letter tied with a red silk ribbon to esmerelda:

"a nice cup of tea would do well if you have it" :Sebastien requests:
Rothek HowlingFang