On a rainy night

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Fionna smiles at the stranger and heads to the kitchen. She returns shortly with a steaming mug in her hands and a few of Aurora's cookies on a plate.

"Here sir, this should warm some of the chill from this wretched weather."

She hands the refreshments to the stranger.
Fionna MacNeil
Queen of the People of Haven

“We all at certain times in our lives find ourselves broken. True strength is found in picking up the pieces.”
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda rises from her chair and walks over to the guthrie.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Sebastien. Be welcome at the keep and in the town of Haven."

She takes the letter back to her chair, unties the ribbon and beings to read.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:sebastien takes the cup and cookies from fionna and sits down at a nearby table:

"thank you very much, yes indeed there are a few puddles on the road that could be mistaken for small ponds :he sips from the mug: oh, this is very good" :sebastien looks all around the castle trying to take in everything while feasting on the refreshments Fionna had provided him:

"this is the castle that was retaken in the battle correct?"
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*After hearing his name with Lord put before it Serith nearly chokes on his ale...

*Coughing..

"What the, who in Phanterra is calling me a Lord..."
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora from her place she was at before keeping an eye on things the stranger. She snickers a little at Serith's reaction to being called Lord.*

*Her gaze turns now more serious*

Yes, it is.

What has your travels informed you of this place?
Last edited by Aurora on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Still coughing

"I mean, damn cant do that to me, it almost came outta my nose..."

*Trying to compose him self and leans over to Esmerelda to see if he can gather anything
Serith Darkheart

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:Sebastien jumps nearly sending his cookies flying :

" i'm dreadfully sorry sir"

:to answer aurora:

"most fascinating :Sebastien said with wide eyes: general silverbrow told me about how he and others came through a portal and caught the elves by surprise, he said that he stood in front elven forces with an orc named trusk ,i believe it was, and the bodies of the fallen elves piled higher than the walls themselves he spoke of the towns people and mentioned several names i don't remember all of them but the lady esmerelda, mister dallid, somebody named Atrum and mister? serith : glances at serith for approval: he spoke very highly of." :he finishes his drink and starts in on the cookies:
Rothek HowlingFang
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Reading the letter, Esmerelda gets a look on concern on her face.

"I hope everything turns out alright," she says softly.

Rolling the letter back up she offer it to Serith to read.

"If you'd care to read it, My Lord" she snickers. "Did I give you a title and lands the last time I was drunk and just not remember it?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Esmerleda notices Aurora break her stoic facade yet again and skickers at Esmerelda's jab. Once again Aurora regains her composure.*

M'Lady is this a document one that can be read by others just to see what is going on?

*Looks at the stranger*

I'm Aurora...Darksbane.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:sebastien smiles as he takes another bite of a cookie:

"hello aurora pleased to meet you" :Sebastien finishes his cookie and starts another and turns to fionna:

"these cookies are wonderful by the way"
Rothek HowlingFang
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

*Serith reads the scroll and gives it back to Esmerelda

"We must have both been really drunk, cause I know Im no damn Lord..."

*Giving Esmerelda a knowing nod
Serith Darkheart

Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Well since you don't get drunk, at least so far as I've seen, that must mean I didn't lose my senses and make you a lord. Not yet, anyway," she adds with a mischevious grin. "Perhaps once the coronation is over I may have to set that to rights..."

Turning to Aurora she shakes her head. "I do not know how private Ulfgar wished his business to be. Since the letter was intended for Serith or myself I let him read it. But I will not break Ulfgar's confidence. He went to help a friend in need. That is all that needs to be known. I do not believe he is in any danger in going to help them. And since he did not ask, I do not believe he wishes for our aid at this time. So I will respect his wishes and remain keep his confidence."

She smiles when Sebastien compliments the cookies. "Aurora made those, actually. She's becoming quite the cook. Although the tea blend is entirely Fionna's. She has a way with herbs. Fionna would be the young lady that served you your tea. The gentleman in all the armor is Sir Francesco. That is Dallid," she says with a warm gesture and smile towards the healer. Esmerelda looks about the room to see if she's forgotten anyone.

"As for the battle to retake the keep, it was a fierce one, at that. Luckily the cost on our side was not nearly what it was whence the keep was lost. Everyone fought hard and we won the day. Although you can still see the tower that is being rebuilt as a testimony to the ferocity of the battle."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

"well then the cookies are wonderful" :Sebastien says with his mouth still half full, he continues after swallowing: and the tea was excellent,:turning to Fionna once again.

:Sebastien looks at Sir Francesco: it is good to meet you, Sir Deacon will most definitely want to speak with you when he arrives.

:turns back to esmerelda but also addressing dallid: yes, Dallid was the first to greet me when i arrived here in haven, General Silverbrow told me many tales about how dallid has brought people of the town back to life and even saved him during an adventure in a place called "the dreaming", he didnt speak much about this dreaming but from what he told me it sounds like a dreadful place"
Rothek HowlingFang
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"I myself was spared from whatever odd enchantment took the people from Far Reach to the dreaming. But I have heard many tales of what transpired there. I cannot be sad that people went though, for it was in going to the dreaming that my beloved returned my brother to me from the cave of the dead.

"As for Dallid," she glances at the healer with a smile of gratitude and friendship, "he has indeed saved many members of the time many times over. He is a most welcome asset to our town. And most often a voice of reason when in situations where cooler heads need prevail. He is a true champion of the people and I am lucky to have him as an advisor."

"will you be staying in Haven long, Sebastien?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,

Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

"how fortunate for you to have one of your loved ones brought back to you"
:Sebastien finishes his last cookie and then yawns:
"oh dear me, perhaps i shall stay the night : looks outside as a bolt of lightning flashes illuminating the Guthrie's face: or perhaps until the storm dies down, no need in traveling in wet weather.
Rothek HowlingFang