The joys of Beaurocracy

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Esmerelda and then to Mohdri and lowers her weapon.*

Fine, but this "curse" I believe should be looked into a bit more. Call it my overly-cautious side coming out.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Glancing up from his drink, Korrigan turns to Aurora and looks curious about something.*

"Hey Aurora, speaking of overly cautious, has anybody described to you what that uppity sorceress bitch was able to do to us last moon? The whole thing with the magic puzzle that somehow bound anyone who touched it to the nasty whore, not to mention her summoning up blood monsters with a snap of her fingers? I could go my whole damn life without running into that shit again, and I know you've got the skills to track it down and do something about it."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

:ulfgar lifts a bottle to korrigan:

"Aye, ah'm still picking pieces of those glaikit things out meh armor, if ah ever have to face another one of those abominations,:ulfgar takes another swill more of the contents run down his cheeks and get caught in his beard:
it'll be too soon."
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at Korrigan*

Give me a description, a possible location as to where she might be held up and such and I'll go after her. As I recall during the battle I was to busy in triage, repairing armor, allowing healers and empaths to use my life force a few times, and I shut down a golumn that ran on magic. I basically had my hands full in the keep.

I wasn't out in the fray as much as I would have liked to or I would have taken care of her.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

*nods to Esmerelda*

Sure, I can do that.

*he turns back to the rest of the group*

I'm certain that if we run into that woman again it'll be too soon, by far. We also need to address why the "land was disturbed" as it was put. Giant, angry, mobile plants are another thing on our list that we don't need to confront.

I successfully took a cutting from the plant we were fighting outside the great hall, when Trusk and I killed the main core. It's begun growing quite well, but alas, it so far shows no signs of acting like the parent plant.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan looks thoughtful for a moment, and then responds to Aurora.*

"Well, she was an adult but not ancient. She had long brown hair and passed herself of as a peasant. Human, not bad looking till she opened her mouth and made me want to stab the shit out of her. She wanted to kill all of the elves and the new elven King because she thought they' d just rise up and come after everyone like the old king did.

She passed around a puzzle, which, as it turns out, was filled with some sort of crazy magic. It made it so that whatever happened to her also happened to anyone who had touched the puzzle. So if she got hurt or knocked out, everybody got hurt or knocked out just the same. Even if you could normally shrug off a magical effect it still effected you, so it must be some sort of super-magic or something. Complete crap if you ask me, but still a massive pain in the ass.

Oh, and she could also make monsters just by snapping her fingers. All she needed was a little blood and up they would come - big bloody beasties ready to maul the shit out of you. There was no ritual, no dancing or singing, just a snap of he fingers and a bunch of bloody assholes rose up to do her bidding. Like Rhul said, seeing her or someone like her ever again is something I can do without."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

(OOG I haven't read all this but assume that if anyone attacked or attacks Es they get stuck with a 9 vorpal KO poison and if they are knocked out Atrum looks to Es to see if he should slit their throat) (OK caught up.)

Atrum leans against a wall across the room from Esmerelda. To the casual observer it looks like he's not even listening, but to the trained eye it's clear that he's ready to start killing people. Since the first utterance of Val's a dagger dripping black ooze has been in his hand. He does seem more interested in the strange blood woman than anything else that has been said, even the veiled threats and the headless body, which he simply snickers at.

"What did she look like?"
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora thinks for a moment*

Humm...sounds like a blood type of magic. Never ran into anything like that and I can't recall anything I ever read in the academy either.

Wish there was a way for me to tap into some of the abilities those that were before me had for that instant monster thing could be shut down right quick.

Still, she wants to make her presence known again I have every intention of going at her with everything I have.

*Turns her attention back to Val*

I still would like more information on how you can get your fricking head cut off and still be walking among us as well.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

"Aurora, this didn't happen during the battle with the elves but rather when we went to treat with the elven king. She was a bitter, angry woman who had lost everything at the hands of the elves and was bent on revenge. If we're going to send a group after her I'd prefer it to be a large one- the smaller groups that attempted it were beaten back and severely wounded, according to my brother's reports.

"As for the puzzle, we were lucky that Mohrdi discovered the way to break the bond that held us all tied to her. 'Twas not much fun to be knocked out and almost killed when she was."

She turns to Rhul. "As for the land, it was given to my understanding that when the sword that the Strong Man was using had been destroyed, the lands became settled once again. If you wish to research this further, however, I believe that would be an excellent idea. As for your cutting, I cannot say that I am sad that it has not shown an inkling of behaving like its parent."

She then pauses for a moment as she remembers something adn turns to Val. "You knew the dwarf Blackthrone? I always heard many stories and legends about him growing up..."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Francesco frowns a little when he notices Atrums dagger. He then addresses Aurora and Atrum. After he approaches he gives a slight bow.

"My name is Francesco Delamuerta. You must be Atrum. A pleasure sir."

He then gives a small bow to Aurora as well

"A pleasure to meet you as well my lady"

"I believe Korrigans description was quite accurate. A young woman with brown hair. She also had strange tatoo's on her as well, but they were hidden on her back. If they were in some way magical or held some special significance I know not."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Looking towards Es

"So nothing seemed familiar at all?"

When Francesco approaches him he looks him up and down and gives him a slight nod.

"Indeed"
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

As she turns to address Atrum, Esmerelda's face brightens without her even realizing it. "About the woman? No, nothing was familiar. Either about her or her magic. It was not anything I've seen before."

Turning to address both Atrum and Francesco she adds, "my apologies. With all that's going on I've forgotten to make introductions. Fracesco, I've told you about Atrum. Atrum, this is Francesco. He trained Aeric in the ways of being a knight when we were younger."

Gesturing to Aurora, she adds, "and this is Aurora. She is the granddaughter of Kimberlynn Darksbane. Until most recently she resided in Caldonia but decided to return here with us."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Altearez
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Altearez »

*Outside the castle gates Altearez stands guard.*
ImageImageImage
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Looks over at Aurora with a roll of his eyes. "Like I said, I've told ya all I know. Not that I see how it's your business. But, I'd think you people would be used to seeing me stabbed, shot by magic, burned, disemboweled, touched by shadowy fingers of death, stone towers dropped on my head (You're welcome Thean.), blown up by booty-twaps, apparently being stabbed in the night by Korrigan, and all the other ways I should have been killed by now."

Turning to Esmerelda he takes a drink and answers, "I haven't been introduced to Blackthorn personally, but my uncle, Angus Helldrummer, and he go way back and I remember seeing him and hearing the tales.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Rothek
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rothek »

*ulfgar was in mid drink when the mention of the Helldrummer clan was brought up and nearly spit his ale out from the surprise of hearing that val was related to them:

"BY THE...!! YOUR A HELLDRUMMER!?!? :ulfgar falls backward from his seat at the shock of things as he hits the floor with a loud thud.:

"well, that definitely explains a lot. :he says while trying to right himself:
Rothek HowlingFang
Den-father of the Howling Fang tribe.
friend and ally of the dwarves of Killeshandra.