October feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

It’s been very interesting for me to watch the events of the last year unfold, and this event was no exception. It is no secret that I was at an impasse about returning to the game after the Night of Burning Skulls, and while I’m immensely glad that I did, the echo of what I felt that night grows stronger and stronger as in-game events unearth the struggles of the past.

One of my initial concerns about returning was doubt about how I could deal with playing in the echoes of so profound a story as the one we lived for the first five years of FH. Even now as NPC’s from that era float in and out of the story I’m hard pressed to remember that I don’t know them, that I haven’t fought along side them, that they are nothing to me and I am nothing to them. It’s a roleplaying challenge, to be sure, and I’m enjoying it.

This event I was able to delve into some of the deeper elements of my character, and it’s a great deal of fun to play someone so delightfully flawed. The developments revealed in the dreaming set out a new path for Korrigan, and it’s allowing me to explore character elements of rage, pain, addiction and redemption in fascinating ways.

To the mechanics of the event itself, I enjoyed the raids on Syl’van’dar and the other Elven camps. Despite small numbers and cold weather the NPC’s were able to keep us all busy and satisfied, which says a lot about their dedication and stamina. Stumpy hits in so predictable and repetitive a fashion that I felt compelled to start hitting with the flat of my blade to lessen the bruising. I hope it helped, and thanks to all the GM’s and NPC’s for taking the hits and coming back for more.

Also, though my character avoided them like the plague, I thought the Guthrie Games were hilarious. It looked like you guys had a blast out there.

The ball and the food were, in a word, awesome. My praise for Melissa and Dani exceeds the capacity of words, and I thank you for everything you do. I’ll be grateful if you choose to continue the meal plan, but I don’t expect anyone put in the effort the two of you have put in if you’re being treated poorly by the beneficiaries of your labor. Anyone who treated you like a servant should be ashamed of themselves, and if I was ever guilty of such behavior I apologize profusely for it. Everything I would say about the timing issues and the House of Chance has already been said, so I’ll leave it be. My only hope is that Melissa and Dani were able to salvage the party the worked so hard for.

On the positive side I’d like to recognize our four new and relatively new characters: Noshii, Arien, Altearez and Erearez(sp?) for being great players and a wonderful addition to the game. I don’t know what you’re feeding them, Christine, but keep it up! We’ve been lucky enough to have some great young people join us over the years, and you guys are raising the bar for new players. Well done, all of you… and keep singing! It was lovely!

I also enjoyed the roleplaying with everyone this event, with specific praise for Esmerelda, Paer’an, Val, Atreus, Serith, Kels, Gabriel, Atrum, Aiden, Mohdri and Breca. While there was more OOG talk than I would have liked, that is always something we can improve on.

Lastly, should I ever find out who gave us all the flu, I’m going to take them out behind the woodshed and… and… pamper them with chicken soup and hot water bottles. Seriously, no one deserves this crap.
:puppydogeyes:
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

Oh you participated in the games. Hell, you very nearly won Look out for the Bear! :lol:
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

I had a great time

The good
I seem to have missed the plague that had descended upon you all.

All the new and semi new faces, I really hope that you all stick around for awhile so that I at least get to know you better both IG and OOG.

Getting to fight Scott, man I miss that kind of sparring you need to show up more often.

That some of the not so noobs are getting better at the role-playing aspects of the game. It gives me hope that the game will be what it once was, by far the best role playing game I was a part of. I even love that our plan for Abbadon and Paer'An got wrecked by PC's playing their character, even if Atrum wants to slit throats and still hasn't decided if he will or not.

The food, preperations and all that entailed. Ladies, if you are having a problem with someone being a jackoff let me know, I have no problem kicking them in the butt and telling them they get to help with the dishes.

Plots, those that I came across were great, I loved getting to fight Sam and Karen as rock golems. I got to use 2 skills I NEVER get to use, which was a bonus. I even forgot I could avoid traps it's been so long since I got to use that skill. Kudos to the GM staff fro trying to work in more things than A-B-C kill it! or A-B-C solve the puzzle.

The "Eh"

Hearing about quite a bit of OOG chatter. I didn't experience as much as I have myself in the past few events but I also spent most of my time with the more established characters this event. We don't want to know what happened to your character OOG, we don't want to hear about how cool your stats are, and I cringe every time I hear about WoW or D&D or any of those things. Take it away from everyone else if you want to talk about that stuff.

Combat, fight safely people. If you aren't sure if you're fighting safely if you are hitting people in illegal spots more than once every few events, you probably aren't fighting safely. If you connect with your shield on anyone more than once a year, you aren't fighting safely. If you are constantly getting hit in the head or by peoples shield you probably aren't fighting safely. If you have to look up to see what you're hitting or if you look forward you see knees and thighs, you aren't fighting safely.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Goonter
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Goonter »

I must at this point apologize for I am guilty of some OOG chatter myself. I promise to work on that a ton.
The Wanderer