October feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

October feedback

Post by Ark »

would love to know what happened.....
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

Well for me it was a Tale of two Events...

First was getting to blow some elf faces off, and attacking the elven encampments was a blast. My FAVORITE part of a great number events had to definitly be our trip to Sylvan'dar and kicking ass, taking names and stomping elf faces!

That was by far the best Ive seen the town work together in a LONG time!

Then for my character it got worse...because as soon as the high from the battle wore off, we went right back to the norm of being paranoid, schemeing and backstabbing each other, which SUCKS!

As Brett, I had a blast, as Serith, he is really starting to get frustrated, and morose.

Overall GREAT fun, Great Roleplaying, and GREAT GREAT GREAT Food!

Which also want to say a VERY VERY BIG Thank you to Melissa, Dani, Christine, and the Girls, (Sorry I only know there IC names LOL) for all the hard work, time and effort you put in for not only the feast, but for the ball as well, If I wasnt such a party-pooper, the masqurade would have been a BLAST...

Cant Wait for the EPIC battle that awaits!
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"
Karen
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Karen »

The good thing about having a 45 to 6 player/npc ratio is that really cool bruises all over my body are almost assured. I had fun earning them. Thanks again to the troop of 20 who didn't make me fight them by myself.

All of you who worked on the ball are amazing. You already know how cool you are.

I don't know why I'm still awake, but I'll take advantage of the exhaustion to excuse myself from pointing out all my favorite moments - ok, just one, the game of death tag when Sam and I were rock golums and I got to chase Erik around npc camp. I think Em would have been proud.

Anyhow, you are all cool as heck and I hope you had a good event. See you in November.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

Ok, I'm semi-awake so I'll do the review for now.

Overall, OMG am I glad to be back!!! Best event in a long time in terms of getting stuff done. Gotta love hitting a different elven encampment with the group I was with and we're like umm..do we have a healer.

Me: Well I can sort of heal a little..

The group: ok let's do this.

To Melissa, Dani, Christine: The food was awsome. The feasts was fantastic, all meals were great. You guys are just amazing especially Melissa and Dani for working many many hours with the cooking on site.

To the best darn kitchen clean up crew you are great too and to the girls the music was great on Friday night especially when people were like where is that singing coming from.

I almost forgot all the new people I was able to interact with...both Darkwell brothers event though I know one of them from CARPS, the girls..you guys were great, the like-minded arcane who you know I'll be a"meat shield" for ya girl.

You guys were just a ton of fun and once we all just starting doing our thing against the elves on Saturday...just reminded me of some of the most fun times I've had at the game.

Lots of great stuff.

A few bad points and annoying issues which come on guys please appreciate and be kind to the people who really go all out to make these events as great as they are.

Can't wait for November.

-Julie
Last edited by Aurora on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

Wow. Just...wow.

My first time at a Finalhaven event. There wasn't a moment where I couldn't find something to do. Maybe I was the only person there who could pick locks, I dunno. This is probably the first event where I've had a real job handed to me. Can only hope I did it admirably.

To the GMs and NPCs:
The plots I participated in were both fun and exciting. From bugs bursting out of people to giant ravenous birds...to a half/mole beastman taking us to singlehandedly the most powerful puddle of water in existence. I truly felt immersed in the world and felt the real fear of survival as I darted amongst 1 Vorpals and 5 Crushes. And the chickens...oh god the chickens. I LOVED how the NPCs who knew my characters "unofficial" backstory played them. Next time I'll make sure to put you all in a bag :twisted: .

I was sad I couldn't do much for the King Gaylin (sp?) plot. I know I wasn't looking in the right places. The Elves deserved the bloody nose they got, and my hat goes to everyone involved in that war. Strategy was blatantly obvious on both sides. Very well done. I didn't encounter any one thing that was out of place. Everything seemed to fit nicely into place, at least when we completed different plots. I'm still a bit confuzzled on past events (my character wasn't technically there to hear about the Night of blazing skulls). Hopefully I can get caught up...if the aforementioned plotting and scheming doesn't kill Legion/Dani.

To the PCs:
Thank you for making this a most incredible first Finalhaven event. Everyone was in character to the max and all of the encounters I had with other people were memorable. Corrigan's chuckle, Modri's(sp?) suspicious and rather piercing stare, Kels(sp?) and Gabriel's(sp?) duo of demolition and destruction. Atreus, Ulfgar, and Trusk...omfg. So epic, your reactions to seeing Legion/Dani there. I know I'm missing a lot of people I should give credit to. Sorry. Still caught up in the moment. So much to remember.

Thank you all. Thank you so much. I can't wait for the next FH event. I can't wait. :)

OMG! THE FOOD! To everyone who cooked and prepared and slaved away for the breakfasts, lunches, the feast and the ball. Words cannot describe the joy of those meals.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I had a good time at the event for the most part. It was fun to take a group to find the dwaven axe. Yes, I know I screwed up the map and thought Liar was Lair. Luckily we had a great group of people on the job and we got it done.

Cross-dressing was a lot of fun. Maybe a little too much fun... :D. Noble and Cristo's efforts to get down were disturbing but awesome. Thanks to all the ladies for helping me put it all together.

It was also nice to get to try and convince some people to aide us in the battle for Haven. After the whole House of Chance fiasco I was certain we had lost those allies for certain but thanks to Esmerelda we recovered their trust. Speaking of trust...

The whole House of Chance thing was epic. I don't think I really expected that to happen. The timing was unfortunate but I could not think of good time to do it other than at that time. Considering what the some of the alternatives could have been I feel it was not that disruptive.

The after effects were close to what could be expected. Somebody was killed before any real questioning could be done. Chaos insued as people started to blame each other for one thing or another. It was revealed that someone had tipped off Abbadon that the towns people were onto him. Things were starting to go south quickly. And then...

Esmerelda stood up in front everyone and laid down the law. Punishments were laid down for those who had erred and that was that. No arguements and no drawn out 'I did it because'. It was done.

Then the party got started again and it was awesome. We all let it go and enjoyed some games together and got ready for what might be the last thing we ever do. The battle plans were formed and now the final battle for our existance begins.

Epic

Thanks to all the Gm's and NPC's for all the hard work they put into this to keep us entertained and busy. Heal quickly so that we may beat on you again.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

This was, personally, the most role-play intensive event I've ever been to. I would like to personally thank every member of the GM/NPC staff for it, with a personal shout out to Jared. The decisions I made Saturday night haunted (for lack of a better word) for the rest of the event, and I'm still thinking on whether or not I made the best decision.

That being said, I loved all the strange looks I got whenever someone asked me if I could repair armor, or when I healed someone. The pre-battle strategy for Sylvandar had one of my favorite lines:

Theon: Kels, Malachi is a warrior, healer, empath, and other stuff. Where do you want him?

Kels: *shrug*

That, and knocking myself out for no good reason because I didn't know how surgery worked. ("Serith! Heal one!" *Thud*)

Kiel, I almost hit you (IC) when you caught the lysdexia on that axe plot. Just saying. :D

Everyone who helped me out on my plot, mucho thanks. Especially Nate, for getting up in the cold after being stupid tired twice because I can't tell time.

The ball, from what I saw of it, was amazing. I was a little busy running around setting things in motion to actually sit and take it all in, but I did take the time to sit and have a drink and relax.

All in all a fantastic event!
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Wow. What an amazing event. In so many ways. Now that I've caught up on sleep, (7 hours for the whole weekend is not something I'd suggest on a regular basis to anyone :D ) I can put everything into persective without getting over emotional due to lack of sleep.

It was funny, I knew Esmerelda was going to say a few words before dinner and that was the speech I was worrying about before the event. I had NO idea that the more impactful words she were to speak would be in her fancy dress, after she'd sen everything she had been working so hard to build over the last almost 2 years come crashing down around her. But I'm glad it happened- I think the town is stronger for it.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Event was good from the start, even with the lack of NPCs. Seeing Aeric standing outseide was amazing. I loved how everyone parted at just the right moment so Es could run up to him. Sorry Brad for the knockdown! Melissa was just as excited as Es that Aeric has returned. Hopefully our sibling interaction provided much amusement for all. Shortly after, my good friend Laggi arrived and the explaining had to begin. Luckily people weren't too prejudiced to go with him to take down the portal in the tunnels. While she appreciated the sacrifice of the werewolves, Esmerelda wanted to cry. Such a noble sacrifice, hopefully we'll prove worthy of it.

Saturday. Hmmm.... Woke up cranky due to lack of sleep. This time it was not my fault. I attempted to go to bed early. Although it took me an hour to get there because people kept coming to the inn. Ghost chickens are very funny. I loved when somoene walked out of the inn carrying an entire box of brownies for the bear and I neatly plucked them out of their hands because I thought someone was making off with our goodies for the ball.

Going to the "farms" with Fionna and Shea was very fun! Thank you ladies. Wish we could have found frappacinos while out but oh well. Back to town in time to find planning in effect to raid Sylvandar. Glad I had cooking as an excuse not to go. Esmerelda never feels like she's a big help in those battle anyway.

Dinner I think was a big sucess. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!! To Fionna first and foremost, she helped me plan this. It was her party as much as mine. To Shea, Arien and Noshi, you ladies were a HUGE help. We couldn't have done it without you.

The ball- While at the moment when things went down the way they did I was severely pissed, I want to state today that I AM NOT UPSET BY WHAT HAPPENED. In retrospect, I think it was very good for the town that things played out the way they did. And hence the reult of Es standing on a chair in her fancy dress laying down the law for the town. I loved the end of the speech- "And now we're going to have a party, damnit!" And party we did. Karen and Sam- your Guthries rocked! I loved the Guthrie games, they were hilarious. And the battle royale took the cake.

And then the elves came. The flight through the trees to the refuge camp was so eerily like fleeing Haven on Night of Burning skulls, only difference being it was Aeric at Es's side rather than Atrum.

War Coucil. I wish more people could have been present for it. But we got a lot hashed out. I loved that some of the newcomers of town took the time to attend. We even managed for the most part to use the speaking stick well. I was very surprised that at no point it degenerated into a yelling match. Wow, the town can act like civilized people once in a great while. lol And then Atrum and Es stayed up until 6 discussing what was next.

I'm missing a lot, I'll have to post again more later.

On a different note I need to address something entirely different- the meal plan. Right now it is up in the air as to whether or not it will continue. Just for the record, we make NO money on this, it's lucky if we break even. (Which we did this event) Dani and I spend a lot of time before the event to get ready for this and give up a good portion of our event to do all the prep, cooking, and clean up for this. We do it because we like to and we have fun doing it. However when we're treated like crappy waitstaff at a restaurant it makes us not want to continue to provide this option. If you're going to bitch about how we do things, then don't participate. This is an option. Don't badger us constantly about when the food is going to be ready. We have to go to game on meetings like everyone else, so we can't start cooking until game on. If you don't get there when the food is ready, don't blame us that your fellow gamers ate everything. And HELP CLEAN UP. We're not everyone's moms. It's very frustrating when you've spent hours cooking and people who ate what you made are sitting there in the way and don't offer to lift a finger to help. Like I said, the jury it still out. When Dani and I make a decision we'll let you know.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

Still sick...which I guess makes it good I missed the event since I'd have been so much worse, and I can barely breathe as it is, but it sounds like it was intense. The trouble you kids get into when I'm not there...
Eli
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eli »

NOT A WOMAN!!! NOT A WOMAN!!! "Gentlemen meet Trusk..."

"The ENTIRE problem with this town is... ELI!"
-Eli (Full Elvish: Elaith Vonaduran Craulnober)

There once was a man named Eli,
A man who claimed he could not die.
But one thing makes him wail:
That's when there is no ALE!
Thus his tale: with no beer, he will cry.

(The dark haired, green eyed mage child has faded into the past leaving behind one not quite an adult, but clearly no longer a child. The warrior-mage mixture that he has become can only be described as a survivor. )
Kels
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kels »

TWO BOOMS!!!!!!! PLUS 4 TO WHAT?!?!?!?!?

Ok i got that out.
"Fear is only in your mind."

Captain of the Black Talon Unit
"Leadership is found, not chosen."
Phoenix Guard

Dick VERMEIL is a smooth mother

"If it moves Shoot it!"
Araris
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Araris »

That was my first time at FinalHaven and it was simply amazing!! Thank you to the GMs and NPCs for all of your hard work, (Karen you can definitely scare away a meat shield with a terrifyingly fast insect. :D ) Also thank you to the PCs for making the experience so amazing, the roleplaying was awesome and it was just a good old time. It was so great to feel welcomed and it made my weekend truly enjoyable. Thanks everyone for a great event.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

Wow where to begin.....
I had fun...was a little over tired especially Sat. I feel like I have not been to an event in a long long while.... I don't really have a ton to say.

I want to thank the GM/NPC's for allowing the 4 younger players to come...they all had an Absolute blast!! All I heard on the way home was how amazing it all was and how great everyone was to them...welcoming and accepting...I heard a lot of great funny stories about what they expected vs what really happened and people's reactions to their characters.

Esmerelda and Fiona! YOU ARE AMAZING PLANNERS! I tried to help as much as I could to give you leave to do things...you guys have been more a part of Haven recently than I. The food was great, the trip to the farm FUN and the girls were happy doing dishes especially if it meant earning some money! Thanks for allowing me to help out as much as I did...but I want EVERYONE to know you two are the "mealplan goddesses" if not for you we'd have to fend for ourselves!!

The ball was fun...though disrupted at first...but thankfully with Guthrie help it continued! Thankfully! Ariek it's always fun to talk with you, Noshii it's always fun to play with you! Great getting to know Aurora a bit more.

I found out a lot about the newer characters I keep hearing about...well probably not as much as I'd like but do you ever. Ulfgar I know if I need help you would be one of the first I'd come to. Sitting talking with Sereth I heard a loud CRACK! (9 Vorpal) and quickly excused myself & ran in...and told the first Warrior I saw Ulfgar who imediately investigated! thank you for that!

Shea got to spend time with others characters she has not really talked to much in the past... fun fun fun!
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Nick
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Nick »

Shea Stonebrook wrote:Sitting talking with Sereth I heard a loud CRACK! (9 Vorpal) and quickly excused myself & ran in...and told the first Warrior I saw Ulfgar who imediately investigated! thank you for that!
Angry Legion makes trees tend to take hideous 9 Vorpals and fall. :twisted:

More to add because I feel I did not touch on it enough! The meal plan.

Those who made it, did it, ran it. Thank you again. If it continues, awesome, I'll certainly throw in more than $10 the next time. If it doesn't I'm sure we'll all live, sans your incredible cooking skills. Again, thank you ladies.
Fionna
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fionna »

Ok, I think I have marinated on this weekend long enough.

Although I didn't go on quite as many plots as I usually do (too much time in the kitchen), I had a good time. Role Playing with everyone while serving dinner on friday was great. Role Playing in general was wonderful. The teamwork on the Sylvandar was great to watch and be a part of.

GM/NPC's despite your small numbers, awesome job!!

Esmerelda, you and I make a great team. Overall, we pulled off feeding so many in such a small space. We have a great time role playing with each other in the kitchen. Our trip to the "farms" was fun. Thank you so much to Arien, Noshii, Shea, and Sereth (which I think was more Brett) for the help. I love to cook, but HATE to do dishes.

Now, my turn to vent. I AM NOT ANYONE'S MOTHER!!! Neither do myself or Melissa make any money on the meal plan. We give up our own play time to cook for everyone. We do this because we enjoy cooking for our friends. Please DO NOT treat us like your servants. If you enjoy the convenience of the meal plan (if it continues), do not complain/gripe or otherwise if you do not like something about it. JUST CHOOSE NOT TO PARTICIPATE!!! It is really cheap food for a weekend (and damn good if I may say so myself.) No one is forcing anyone else to participate.

ALSO, please help clean up. It is extremely frustrating when I've just spent the last two hours in front of the stove and I have to climb over people who I just fed to clean up the dishes. Thank you to everyone who help clean, but again it is always the same people.

Julie, I can't tell you how much I appreciated the help keeping the inn clean. That said, we are all adults. A few people should not have to pick up after the rest of you!!!!!!

*Deep Breath....Vent over.*