July event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

The only thing that was really a "bad" as far as I'm concerned was the leadership issue. This, of course, was no fault of the GMs or NPCs; this was completely a PC issue. I mean, how in the world is everyone cool with a kleptomaniac sage telling them what to do? I almost wished Vaun was there to take charge (almost being the key word here; I'm actually quite happy Christen decided to play Orien). Personally, among the players there, I would of had Abaddon lead us before Zeira (even though Abadon was about ready to kill me at one point, and even went so far as to ban me from the House of Chance, only temporarily though), but I guess the choice was not mine to make.

Additionally, hearing the words "Charlesk, we need a disenchant, get over here!" every few minutes made me feel very important. I loved how sometimes when I would disenchant one of the NPCs, they would let me in on a little tidbit of information to be used later in the event. Unfortunately, I'm not really in a position where people listen to me when I talk, so these little tidbits ended up being useful for me and me alone, even though I really tried to use them to help everyone.
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

I think Zeira did a great job.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

Well we all made it out alive. Guess I can't complain too much. I suppose Zeira was one of the most knowledgeable people there, just not one of the most trustworthy.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

BWA HA HA HA HA :P
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

CharlesK wrote:I'm not really in a position where people listen to me when I talk, so these little tidbits ended up being useful for me and me alone, even though I really tried to use them to help everyone.
Good leaders listen to EVERYONE then make their decision, that's the difference. You have to learn who to take that info to.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Wish I could have made it... :( But thanks for posting all of the feedback so I could live the event vicariously through all of you. My character was there in spirit (perhaps literally...). :rocol:
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

LOL My character trusts Zeira. They just met.
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

my character knew better but thought he did a pretty good job as long as resources were not involved ;)
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I specifically stay away from the resources for that reason. I wasn't leading anyone, just shouting loudest. A poor substitute for true leadership but it got a few things done.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

"If you don't knock it off, I'm gonna have you tied up and thrown in the corner... And if I'm too tired to do it, I'm sure there are others who will..."

Sounds like a great leader to me... :D
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

I think the majority of players there were not aware of Zeira's past crimes. He did alright though. Hey, wait a second, wasn't it his dream we were in to begin with???
Onyksi Rin'oviryn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onyksi Rin'oviryn »

Christen - I actually ended up giving it back. :/

Also, what a lame event. ;)
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

wow, iv really been draging my feet to get mah feedback out ther.

good: bashing things. i like bashing things
good amount of pc's
getting to be the big stupid ork that i love to be :3
having to be restrained in order to be healed.
knocking down at least 3 pc's when i was charmed(i cant believe they actually let me get up, walk over to my bed, and grab my ax)
pwning that card playing wizard

bad: tension. too much of it, espesially between pc's
cave, i hate cave fights, its almost impossible to have one without major charging issues coming into play, and when your wielding a 2 handed weapon its becomes a huge issue with backswings when people are charging(id feel really bad if i elbowed somone in the head, case in point when one of my backswings hit dorian, he was ok tho, good ol pillow hammer)
plots that took 7 hours, you all know which one, i hate fighting for more than 3 hours straight, and 3 is pushing it.

ugly:bugs
hot
not enough boobies, seriously, let those puppies breath. lol.
no nordworg, i was rollin without mah crew
stupid hat falling off all the time.
jawplate still needing refitting to work correctly, it has to be perfect before i let it gouge my eyes out.
npc camp being uphill
having to go uphill to go anywhere
diversity of the dreamrealm, its only an issue becasue we could do a whole lot of wierd and cool things, but we would have had to go uphill to npc camp and get an npc to see if anything works.

overall it was a good event, but i prefer the ones at rota kiwan.
YOU STAY SMART, YOU STAY ALIVE, DONT DO NOTTING STUPID.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

Did anyone happen to take any pictures of the event?
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

Trusk, I'm completely with you on the not enough boobies thing. I can always stand to see more. And the whole walking uphill thing, with you on that one too buddy. Otherwise, the event was sweet.