July event feedback

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

July event feedback

Post by Ark »

WOW, i just have to say it was great to get back and see all the people i havent seen in a while, and gape at the amount of people i didnt know, that was a crazy fun event, im disapointed i had to leave early.

the banish and disenchant things were great, its cool when stuff happens that throw off what skills do, and then we have to figure out how to use them again, Serith banishing us home all the time was great.

empath, ive wanted to play one for a while and it was great, i missed being a warrior far more than i thought i would, so it was cool playing Ark and talking to Gabriel, Orien, and Kells, talking about the old days with them and being stuck in there, hoping to be rescued.

this one is from my brother and little sister RIVER OTTERS RULE.

over all i thought this event was fun, the way skills were working really worked well to give the whole effect of "the dreaming" had a blast and cant wait for the next one.

EDIT: are we still there, and are the people that came out of the cave of the dead alive?
Last edited by Ark on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlesK
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by CharlesK »

This is certainly one of the best, if not the best, events that I've been to. I have never found my disenchant skill to be so useful (or at certain times cause total chaos). Unfortunately, the people are going to need to find a new witch hunter, since I am giving up witch hunting to follow the path of the Paladin. I was also wondering if we would wake up and be home after this event, or if there would be an online continuing adventure to get us out of that place.
Haku
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Haku »

Three words that best sum up this event... OH MY GAWD! I don't even know where to start with the awesomeness. How about waking up in the Dreaming, fending off monsters and such for a good long while, squaring off against Noble, Orien and Charlesk, fighting more monsters and such, playing cards against an old wizard, talking to the traveling merchant, fighting more monsters, eating the most deliciouses candy EVER, going into the cave of death, fighting MORE monsters, raging to fend off some monsters to protect the healers and wounded, and anything else i might've forgotten. The roleplaying was amazing, the action was intense and constant (thank god for defensive matrix), the food was great, if i do say so myself :) and there were SO MANY PEOPLE! This was most definitely the best event i've ever been to and i don't think i can reiterate that enough... Major kudos to everybody that made this event happen, and so amazing.
~ Carpe Nocturn ~

Paer'An' Alla'Ana
Lightning Rider
Defender of the Flame
Honor Guard of the Last Grand Oracle
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Fantastic event!

At first it seemed a little slow, but then I realized that Shaun and I showed up at 4-ish in the morning, so it was totally to be expected! :D

However selfish it may sound, the most amazing part of the entire event for me was the character issues that surfaced saturday afternoon. My scene with the Dream Fisherman was the most intense roleplaying experiance I have ever had, and it blew my mind.

Words cannot express the how awesome this event was for me.

*applause*
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Kalphoenix
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Kalphoenix »

I'm quite literally so moved with how amazing, beautiful and entertaining it became that I am at a substantial loss for words, currently.

I can only say thank you, for now. I hope that will do.
Woden
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Woden »

Kalphoenix wrote:I'm quite literally so moved with how amazing, beautiful and entertaining it became that I am at a substantial loss for words, currently.
:shock: For anyone who doesnt know Hiedi let me just say.. WoW!

For me as a GM this was a fanstastic event. It really helped to fuel what a can only describe as 'waning interest' in the game. For me particularly I love having plots tailored to the actions of the PCs. And this event was heavy with 'adjustments'. Sometimes this causes delays, and I want to thank everyone who was especially patient with us while we scrambled.

The role-playing was excellent and I am amazed at the caliber of the new players. Top notch. Seeing some old faces back again was fantastic too.

Moment of the weekend;
Death Cave Guardian; "What do you offer?"
PC; "Ten years of my life."
DCG; "Sweeten the deal."
PC; "Um.. servitude?"
DCG; :shock:
DCG: "DONE!"

PC2; "SERVITUDE!?!? You went straight to servitude!? What the hell dude!? It didnt occur to you to start small!?!"

Ah.. good times. :P
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Ahh being chased by you through the whole PC base wondering why NOBODY would attack you as i ran for my life was fun :D
odhinnfist
New in Town
New in Town

Post by odhinnfist »

Wow, I had a ball this entire weekend.

The roleplaying I witnessed was amazing and immersive, the combat was freaking intense, it was like everyone threw everything they had into it all with great gusto. Bravo to everyone involved pc and npc alike.

Some of the most memorable moments for me were:
1.Orion dealing with the "troubled" npc I was fortunate enough to get to play for a good part of Friday night.
2. Interacting with everyone that came along to go dreamfishing. That was a great plot that enabled us all to have a great time and really hit all those buttons that make us realize why we play these silly games, heh.
3. The dwarfs, you guys (the three that I saw) were amazing. And having you stand across the way yelling at the elfs was fantastic. A great time for all involved.

Thanks to everyone involved for making this weekend and this game so much fun.

--The Hot & Spicy One
Onimaster
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Onimaster »

Seems the repeating phrase to this thread is 'Wow.' I think I'll keep true to my character and offer a Cheers to you!

I have to say, I was hesitant coming back into the fray of playing as a PC again. It took me a while to shake loose some lingering ghosts, and I'm very glad I finally found something that I am really really enjoying playing. Everyone I talked to was very supportive of me coming back, and it definitely gave me the warm fuzzies to see people's faces perk up when they heard I wasn't going to be trying to kill them this weekend... sorry Trusk. :twisted:

I wanna thank Bill for his kind praise to my dwarven colleges and I. Braiden told me later he thought he had dropped and left my new character to die 5 minutes after game on. LOL Ulfgar... quit trying to compete with Braiden's luck. People are going to think all dwarves are thrice cursed. Braiden, thank you for letting me drink all your ale... for free.

I wanna thank Jim for being really cool with helping me take something cool and make it better, and then massage the lore and character info with some ole timee Carps goodies.

I wanna thank all the players that let me be grumpy and crass with. Especially Trusk, who I appreciate being a great foil for some racial anxt and seriously look forward to butting heads with for a long time.

I wanna thank Charlesk for being cool with me turning a 'press' into a rather brutish dragging down a hallway in the heat of the moment and tossing him, as that will now be a cherished role playing memory for me.

I wanna thank Todd (and whoever else is to blame) cursing half the damn game with some kind of magical herpies, curse, scars, or another. Apparently, if you couldn't hold it in the cave of death you must now pee in an arc like a boomerang for the rest of time... lol

I wanted to offer kudos to Happy's sister (who played Teek, Rissa, and that merchant that needs a good butt-kickin). As far as I knew it was her first time out there, and she did great playing her Npcs. I hope she decides to play again.

Kudos for Kala and Dylan. The Force is strong with these young ones. Keep up the good work.

I want to thank Danny, Jarod, Mike, Karen, Todd and the staff for a good time that really felt fun, with only a few notable exceptions. And thanks to Beth for playing Quenn for us all weekend.

Now, A few bad observations... On second thought, I'll just PM Mike with the few concerns I had. No risk to the good mojo.

Happy trails kids. Hope to see you again soon. :twisted: :twisted: 8)
Vaal Draconus,
Dwarven King
Survivor of the Dreaming
& Champion of Life.

or

Nikolai Petrov,
Traveling Cossack Sage
Kori
New in Town
New in Town

Post by Kori »

Woohoo! My turn!

Well, after being gone for over a year, I had some reservations about coming back, to say the least. I was very impressed with the way the PCs handled themselves this weekend, having been thrown into a situation such as they were, and I loved the inventive ways they solved the problems they faced. I have to say that a lot as changed, and I think it's for the better. It was so wonderful to come back and see things so different, meet some wonderful and cool new people, and see all my old friends again. I never realized how much I missed it before. Also, the camp was AWESOME! Showers, running toilets, the benefits of technology, and stunning scenery. If only we could have all that for all games! I might actually start playing again....ya never know... >=)

Only problem? No kitchen....honestly kids, how is Jasmine supposed to bake you your favorite chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin bread if there's no oven!? ^_~ haha!
We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice!
Samantha
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Samantha »

We didn't get a chance to physically preview this site before the event, so we really weren't sure of the facilities. There is a FULL, HUGE kitchen in the chow hall and if we come back, we will most definately be using it to its full powah! I was glad most cabins had some form of plumbing and/or cooking ability and I hope we can use this more in the future. We all really liked this site and I'm thinking we might keep it in mind for next summer.

And oh yeah, River Otters. Best. Plot. Ever.

I felt bad for having to bug out early, but I hope check out and clean up went smoothly.

I'm glad the overall tone here is good, but please don't be afraid to drop any ideas of what you thought could have been done differently. What bummed you out, what you would have preferred, etc. Give us the Bad and the Ugly, too.

I hope your injuries and bug bites will all heal quickly. I look like a damn plague victim for all my pocky bug bites, holy schnikey.

Big thanks to the horde of NPCs that helped us out and to the PCs who were patient with us while we pulled things together. Mike had a lot of people to direct and he gets big, big kudos for putting together such a huge event. You all need to give him a big kiss next time you see him.

Thanks again, kids. Can't wait to see you in the fall!

Cheers,
Sam

p.s. Injury victims (knee guy and Eric the head wound guy), please check in and let us know how you're doing!
"It ain't no mystery,
if it's politics or history.
The thing you gotta know is,
Everything is showbiz!"
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

This event was simply one of the best events of the last two years. I normally hit the sack about midnight, and I never made it to sleep until the crack of dawn.

There were so many amazing new players, and older players we haven't seen in awhile it was terrific.

The NPC staff needs props, there were so many, and managing suck a horde is a hard task, but you guys did a great job. timing was amazing, and I was not bored once.

The GMs stories for each PC were AWESOME. the personal plots were super. I loved Jared's depiction of Yaziel, and I know even Heidi was amazed.(saying something.)

the only bad? the dining center was up the stairs. *LOL* the dead cave plot was one in a million. it was great that all the pc's could see and return and yet was not campy or cheesy.

GOOD. EFFING. JOB.
Travis Cole
phoenix28
New in Town
New in Town

Post by phoenix28 »

I must admit, I was hesitant in coming to Final Haven. I fully expected that I was going to die within minutes of game on. And while I was laying there bleeding out because of the first attack I thought, "So here we go" :-) To my pessimistic surprise though that was not the end. I had a blast playing Hitsu.

There were a couple of things that I kinda felt negatively toward but all in all this was an absolutely wonderful event. I expect that the couple of things I did have a problem with were due to being a beginning character. I'm looking forward to the next event and getting to know the town better.

I want to thank the NPC and GM staff for all of their hard work to pull this event together. I also want to say I thought the camp was wonderful.
Drake Silentfoot
New in Town
New in Town

Three thumbs up...

Post by Drake Silentfoot »

This is the first final haven event that i actually had fun the entire event. It was a blast and the first part of the event i loved, because it let me not only fight a crap ton of awesomely crazy monsters but it also helped me work on my fighting skills. I also loved the fact that the GMs took my background and actually put it into a plot tailored for me, i loved that. It made me feel special LOL. Kudos to the gms for making it a non stop weekend of action and plot. And kudos for all the PCs and the awesome roleplay that i saw and participated in. Oh and the npcs too, nice job. All in all it was an awesome event, keep up the good work and hopefully i will see all of you at the next event.
"Well they said that either i cud be a town guard or dey wud cut my head off. Well DUH, of course i picked town guard!"
Smitty19
GM

Post by Smitty19 »

As others have said...Simply WOW

I dont think I have EVER been as busy as I was this event, It always seemed like something was Happening that I was on...

It was insane and thanks to Karen and Mike for the total mind fraking I took all weekend struggling to believe if what I was experiencing was real or just nightmarish...

I also want to thank all the npcs/other gms for making this a well paced, and action packed event for me...

and my favorite quote of the weekend was by far...

Todd: I heard a banish, must be Brett messing up the scene again...

(c:

Im not even gonna gripe any because the awesomeness of everthing that happened more than made up for it.
Serith Darkheart

"I dont make Threats....Only Promises"