One Day

What did you think of the last event? Post your opinions and disucss the comments of others here!

Moderator: Admin

GM-Mike
GM

One Day

Post by GM-Mike »

I just wanted tot hank everyone for coming out to play in the snow. The turnout was far greater than expected and I at least had a great time. I enjoyed the food, thanks everone, the role playing, the games (I don't get to play that Haunted House game nearly enough). I want to again thank Shane and Sam for spending so much of their time in the kitchen. I want to thank my brother for flying in from Iowa to have a good time. And I want to thank everyone else for making it a good event.

That said, I know it wasn't perfect. I know there were differing degrees of good times, so now's your chance. What did you like? What didn't you? The site I thought was good for a one day but less than ideal for a summer weekend so we will continue to explore our options in that regard. Within the next couple of weeks, though, I hope to have the summer date finalized.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm glad that's not going to be a regular location. To small, and to close to the road, among other things.

I had a great time, and I appreciated the end result of the one day. I enjoyed the story, and enjoyed the plot framework. It had all the pieces of a good story. (conflict,murder,assassination attempts)

I enjoyed the chicken fight, and Korrigan double fisting the monster with chickens.

I had a GREAT time at the after game, and all the food was amazing.
Travis Cole
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

The food was great (Thanks Shane and Sam).

There were some great points to the one day. The site is a bit to small for a regular FH event.

-Julie
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

Had alot of fun, had to leave before the end. Just wondering what else happened after the big ugly came in.
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
Anon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Anon »

I had fun, but like others said too small for full weekend.

It was funny to see different reactions to when people found out my character was only 8 years old.
+==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+ +==+
La morte paure me, le paure della vita, mi sono diviso.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

FREEDOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I enjoyed the beer, food, dancing, and the awesome people in the village who invited a relative stranger over for dinner and all the ones that invited me to their tables in the pub. :)

I disliked that I was in the UK for the event. However, I should be home in 32 hours...
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

I enjoyed myself a lot at this event. It was great on many levels but here are the things I liked the most.

-When the guy turned into dust after the toast. It was a great start to the event and the looks around the room were priceless. Everybody was suspicious of their drink but nobody thought one of the people who invited them would be the one to get the death drink. Awesome twist!

-The multiple escapades of Patrick. From everything he did to disrupt the resurrection to his multiple escapes made him keep everyone on their toes because even though he was a pain in the butt you couldn't just kill him without there being a serious backlash.

-Bandits attacking the hall was a great idea. It showed us that most of the people in Phantarra are still hurting from the cataclysm. It gave us an enemy that we would feel some remorse about killing as opposed to the other random monsters that we usually encounter. It also gave us the choice to either wipe them out or have them surrender.

-It was also good to see an old enemy attack again too i.e. the zombies from the ruins. The giant zombie throwing snowballs was also great.

-I love the kids with chickens! They bring the laughs and what's an event without a little comedy? Yeah the monsters that keep popping out are a pain but it's totally worth it.

-The king's speech was epic. It gave everyone the big ultimatum. Either continue to work as a scattered bunch of loners who have individual goals and die or set aside our personal wants, come together as a community, and live. It's hard to trust once you have been betrayed and that's how I think a lot of the people of haven feel. Can they learn to trust each other again and rise from the ashes? Only time will tell...

-Finding Goldwater's father-in-law challenged us on multiple levels at the same time. First with battle, then with a puzzle, and finally with a decision. Either allow him to meet his father in law revealing his soon to be wife's unknown secret possibly destroying their lives or tell him there was no way to find his father in law and allow hem too live blissfully ignorant of the truth. That is what great stories are made of.

The Npc's really did great job this event especially with role play and when Npc's are good it forces the Pc's to bring it up a notch, which makes the game better for everyone. Everybody was great this event and can't wait for the season to start.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

I thought the evetn was pretty good for a one day. Sure the place was small, but other than the lodging being a bit cramped, it was just fine for the winter because we weren't likely to go very far away from the hall anyway, due to snow and cold.

I liked all the interactions between the NPC's and PC, it's just a shame the leader of the Bandits either didn't get to or didn't want to show up(likely because Vince had to leave, but that's ok).

I'm also a bit alarmed that so few people spoke up in answer to Roland's question of loyalty. Playing Rhul, I felt pretty on the spot being one of them, with everyone looking at me. He's alot more shy than it seems.

It was also fun being able to run around outside without being cold. I definitely prefer this extreme over when Rhul showed up at the An'Dar ruins.

Plus, the after-hours antics were fun. It's just too bad I took my costume off only a few minutes before helping get cars out of a ditch, because that's almost too funny to contemplate.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Rhul wrote: I'm also a bit alarmed that so few people spoke up in answer to Roland's question of loyalty. Playing Rhul, I felt pretty on the spot being one of them, with everyone looking at me. He's alot more shy than it seems.
When was this? Or are you talking about Galen's speech?
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Fenn
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Fenn »

photos?
The Riddle of Steel compares a man's heart to a piece of raw unworked iron, hammered by adversity and forged by suffering purged hardened by the fire of conflict A man's heart can only be purified and shaped on the anvil of despair and loss
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

When was this? Or are you talking about Galen's speech?
Oops! I meant galen, but for some reason said Roland. Hell if I know why, lol.
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

I had fun though I really didn't do much, I had not planned on it really. I'm sorry I wasn't in character much. I was exhausted but would not miss a chance seeing all of you fine folk for anything....especially those whose book and movie I've held hostage for at least a year!!

Looking forward to this season!!

AND the CHICKENS!!!....Now when you see rubber chickens, you just KNOW there's going to be trouble!!
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

One thing I really liked (that most people didn't, apparently), was the size of the location.

It was just big enough to house the small army that showed up, and small enough to encourage character interaction that would have NEVER happened at a larger site.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think the staff was trying to get us to learn to tolerate each other or something. :D

Overall I really enjoyed the event, except for the snow part. But that's because I hate snow with every fiber of my being.
Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

Best event I've been to yet.

'Nuf said...