In the shadows of Darkness.

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

In the shadows of Darkness.

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon closed the heavy metal doors behind him. It was cold down in the basement. So cold he could see his breath curling up around this mask. It was dark, until he reached up and grasped a large glass sphere set into the wall. It illuminated the room in a soft glow.

He slide the heavy brass slide across the door. Not to protect him from the outside, indeed, to make sure no one could break Yaziel’s seal. It was there, six feet in diameter as the humans measured, etched in silver laid into the floor. It was perfectly circular, unnaturally so, laid by magic to house Yaziel, one of the Lurkers. Beings that existed in the walls between worlds. Beings that followed the essences of the Valkyn’vi to the world from Mistrialla.

He turned to face the circle, and took a step back as an ethereal form took shape in the field. It roared against the magic, loud, so loud that blood trickled from Abaddon’s nose, out the mask. Of course, it roared into his head. There was no real sound. It wasn’t that far into our world, and could not unless Abaddon deliberately released it.

“YOU COME TO ME AGAIN OLD MAN.” It screamed, sparks showered the Valkyn’vi as the form pressed up against the magic field. “I WILL DESTROY YOU. I WILL CONSUME YOUR ESSANCE WHEN YOU DIE. AND YOU WILL NEVER REACH MISTRIALLA.”

“Yes. That I know.” Abaddon said, his voice horse. The Familiar Yaziel crawled closer to the field. They were one and the same. The familiar was the creature’s physical form in the world. Bound by name and the Pact of Seven Oathes to Abaddon.

“YOU ARE A FAILURE. YOU LOST TELLINIUM. THE ONLY VALKYN’VI YOU PROTECT AND YOU LET THE ELVES TAKE HIM.”

“I know. I thought, well I thought theyw ere going to kill him. The prophecy said he had to die. But they are keeping him alive. I knew I should have killed him when I heard the prophecy.

“WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT PROPHACIES? YOU ARE BLIND. YOU ARE THE ONLY PAINTED MAN WHO SEES NOTHING. YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN A HUMAN, FLAILLING ABOUT IN THE PRESENT LIKE A BLIND DOG.THATS’S WHY YOU HAD TO STRIKE THIS BARGAIN”

“That’s not true. I have the past. I have the long years and the book of names.”

“THE PAST. YEARS. HAH. YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN AN ELF.BUT YOU DO HAVE THE BOOK OF NAMES. YOU ARE A SHADOWBINDER. AND I MUST OBAY.”

Showers of sparks flew and the building shook. The light turned purple, as the magic flowed through the room.

“I am Abaddon. Keeper of the book of names, and I invoke yours. I invoke the name of Yaziel’ashe’kal’et’amal, and bind it to this world. The Pact has been made and the oath has been spoken, and you are bound for one year and one day. “ Abaddon says.

“AS YOU WISH.” The Creature shouts. Then Abaddon is swept with pain. Pain so terrible that it reached his core. Burning, and the smell of blood as another mark formed on his face, under the mask. Another sigil of Yaziel, the hungerer, of the reaver and destroyer formed a scar under abaddon’s mask. Pain, like his skin was connected to nerves directly. Pain like none other.

“IT IS DONE.”

Abaddon stumbled out of the room, locking it with thick heavy bronze locks. His staff clutched in his hand, he stumbles back to the main part of the House.
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Once she notices Abaddon entering the upstairs, Aurora's eyes narrow as if she has notices something wrong see as the young woman has not taken off as of yet. She walks over to him.*

Abaddon are you alright? I'd like to take a closer look at you because you do not look well.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon leans on the young woman. The woman who looks human enough that holds a wild heart.

"I'm okay. I just need to sit down a bit" Abaddon says from under the mask. His eyes are dark, pained.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smirks*

Does the mean that after you sit down you will let me examine you to make certain you are alright physically. I noticed you were limping more then usual and I can't go and leave you in poor condition before I take off for a few months.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

The paled woman turns the corridor to happen upon her master with Aurora. She charges down the hallway with speed rarely displayed within her. She does a quick check of his condition before placing his arm around her neck so that she can bare the majority of his weight.

She begins moving him down the hallway and pulls out a key to unlock one of the adjacent bedroom doors.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon leans heavily on Kami, he is light, so very light. His joints and flesh are weak, like that of an elderly man. Even Kami can support him with ease.

"I am fine, just very tired. I am safe, and will be fine. I hope your journey to the north goes well Aurora, it would be unfortunate if an old man had to go so far to return you."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora smirks*

I'll be fine and you need not worry. I'm sure Finn will have my back and keep an ever watchful eye on me. Would it make you feel better if I promise to try and not get into trouble while I'm there?
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi enters the House of Chance, and brushes some snow off his shoulders. He shakes off his boots and sets a thin sheet of wood down on the table. Charcoal dust stains his hands. He steps into the kitchen and holds his hands over the fire and sighs in relief.

"Almost forgot what it's like to be warm for a minute."

He looks at Aurora and grins.

"And you're heading even farther north. I salute you!"

He laughs.

"Don't worry, Aurora. Far Reach will be safe in your absence. Safe journey."

He nods, and turns towards Abaddon.

"I think I'm finished with the plan for the new Inn. I would like either you or Ingram would look over it to make sure I haven't made any errors before I begin working."

He turns back to Aurora.

"If you see Fell, would you send him my way? I know he wanted to help out."
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks at Malachi*

Fell is probably in the forge. Just knock on the door and he'll help you out. As for the cold, well I'm use to the conditions here in Caldeonia. I'm sure I'll be fine in the north. If necessary I'm sure Fin and I will hunt for some furs or something if I need more layers to keep warm.

I need to leave soon though or I might get caught in the middle of a bad storm and that's wouldn't be good.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Kami moves Abaddon into the room and places him into a well cushioned chair and then closes and locks the door behind them leaving everyone else in the hallway.
JOAT25
Town Member
Town Member

Post by JOAT25 »

*Ingram leaves his room, entering the small hallway*

I'd be happy to take a look at the floor plans with you Malachi. However, can I suggest we do so somewhere we can sit and be a bit more comfortable?

*Ingram then walks past, walking into the main room*
Ingram Folles - Scholar
"Integrity comes when character is tested; keep true and never be ashamed of doing what is right."
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself made the villain."
"I can't leave you alone for five minutes."
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi smiles.

"I was thinking the same thing."

He shakes off the last of the snow and follows Ingram.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon drinks down the hot tea, and then reach out for Kami to help him up. And then follows the men, leaning on Kami.