before i leave

Inside and around Castle Gravesbane
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora hears the snoring and stops lessons for a few moments.*

Trusk, can you take that individual back to Korrigan. Put him in whatever bunk so he can sleep it off and not at at this doorway.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

*trusk grunts to nobody in particular, picks up kraggish and starts dragging him back to the inn*.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*As he is dragging the other orc away.*

Thank you Trust

*Aurora resumes the lessons and sparing session.*
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

*Back inside, the pale woman is now standing beside the same table at which Ingram sits. The goblets are gone from her hands, but the same distant look is in her eyes as she watches the games on the table.*
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member
Location: On the way back to Woodhold from traveling with Connor (my husband)

Post by Shea Stonebrook »

*Shea take her time taking in the surroundings...then looks at the wheel and then at Ingram.*

They told me that you had games here...I came to find out what kinds of games.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

The man steps out from the shadows, coming from the cellar. He has long white and black hair, braided, and dangling. His cloths are impeccable, clean and pressed, with silver buttons and soft silk.

"I am Ingram's Viceroy. I think we've met once or twice before." Abaddon says, his eyes smiling through the holes in his mask. "We have a variety of games here. Roulette is perhaps out most popular game. It involves a spinning wheel, and a bouncing ball, so it is very dramatic. We have also three dragon ante, a dwarven game, popular in it's on right. Can I have kami fetch you a drink? All visitors get a free drink here."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

*After Abaddon enters the room, the pale woman positions herself to be standing behind Abaddon's right shoulder. Her head is down and seems to be starring at the floor.*
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea still looking around curiously smiles at the new comer, as she listens, looking at the wheel that Ingram has spun. Her eyes fall on Abbadon, and she gives him a courtious nod.*

Well met, Ingram's Vicroy. Abbadon is it? Esmerelda has spoken of you but we have never formally met.

I have never played these games, and am honestly a little intimidated. Calhoun told me he won a great deal and then lost it....Thankfully you made sure he had enough money left to feed himself. How does it work?

*She is distracted for a moment watching Kami come in...*
No nothing to drink thank you. If I am to learn something new I need a clear head.
Shea Stonebrook

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Well we have now. And you are always welcome here." Abaddon says. "This game is alot of fun. You place a bet on what number the ball will land on, and if it lands there you win. You can bet a few ways. easiest way is Black and red. But they don't pay as well. Calhoun is one of our most valued customers. He always brings many people in with him."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea gives Abbadon a small grin, reaches into her bag and pulls out 2 copper pieces....looks at the wheel.*

Hmmmm okay if I choose the red number 23....what happens?
Shea Stonebrook

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"If you choose the number 23, which is a lucky number actually, and the ball lands on it, it pays out 35 coins for each of your coins."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea plays with the coins in her hand...she doesn't look so hopeful.*

There are a lot of numbers on that wheel besides that one...but I guess getting 70 coins when you put in only 2 is a lot.....

*she set her coins on the table.*

Okay...I want to bet these 2 coins on Number 23....one for you and one for me.
Shea Stonebrook

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

*the ball rolls a seven.*

"Ahh, a loss. That is why many people bet by color, it allows a nearly 50% chance of doubling the money bet."
Shea Stonebrook
Town Member
Town Member

*Shea watches as Abbadon picks up the coins she puts down. Sighs and looks around at the other games.*

Is there anyother way to place a bet? Or do you only bet on a number or color? Only 2 ways to win this game?
Shea Stonebrook

Azra
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Azra »

*Azra approaches the House of Chance, cloak pulled up over her head to shield her face from the wind. She stops at the gate, waiting to proceed*