Showing up for a meeting

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Showing up for a meeting

Post by Aurora »

*A woman dressed in leather armor carrying a large black shield and a sword enters the Inn. Once inside she takes of her black helmet and people will notice it's Aurora. Not the same happy shy little girl but more a serioius almost business-like warrior. She locks her green eyes on whomever is behind the counter.*

I'll here to see Atrum for we have a few matters to discuss. Is here around?
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Iconus_Kraggish »

**Iconus stretches and yawns from his place in the corner**
"Meez shur 'eez ere somewherez. Juzt stop da shoutin, meez drinkz much last night."
**Re-closes his eyes and promptly begins to snore**
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks at the orc and speaks softly but very coldy.*

I am not shouting. I have an idea where he might be if you don't mind I go and knock on the door I think he might be at. I hope you were not on duty when you were drinking as much as you were.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Iconus_Kraggish
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Post by Iconus_Kraggish »

**laughs softly**
"Youz weren't shoutin? Wow Meez drinkz alot yesterday."
**waves his hand vaguely**
"Just knockz firzt. Meez shure hez wantz to see ya. And meez alwayz on duty."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora stops herself from saying anything further and just walks past the orc. She goes to Esmerelda's room and knocks on the door.* Atrum, are you in there and well available. I've come to discuss that matter you were asking me about.

*Aurora waits for an answer.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan opens his door and glances out into the hallway. He looks confused for a moment but then sees Aurora in front of Esmerelda's door. Looking particularly wretched, he gives Aurora a weak smile despite being in obvious pain.*

"I don't think she's here, Aurora. I saw her with the children a while ago, though."
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora turns around and notices Korrigan's mannerisms.*

I wasn't looking for Esmerelda, I was looking for Atrum.

*She moves close to Korrigan*

Korrigan are you alright? Mind if I take a look and see what's wrong because you look terrible.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

"Ah, Atrum. Haven't seen him since he left for the House of Chance. I'm sure he'll be back soon, though."

*Korrigan nods and lets Aurora approach, but prevents her from touching him. As Aurora looks him over, she would recognize signs of the disease that has plagued Avenguard for the past several moons. Korrigan's case appears advanced, but not as bad as many of the others. When he speaks, Korrigan does so with a wry laugh.*

"No, I'm not all right, I'm a friggin wreck. This damn disease is absolutely ridiculous. If I ever find out who's behind this bull, I'm gonna kill them so slow they'll take a month to die. The Sylvani treated me and got me back on my feet, but it's only a matter of time before I'm bleedin' out my ass again."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora appears to be a bit concerned when Korrigan doesn't permit her to touch him (OOG: First Aid/assessing), but does as he wishes.*

That does explain a lot. Zyth is here and perhaps maybe you and he can persuade Eilonwy or my Uncle or Esmerelda to look into this matter for the both of you and see if they can come up with your cure.

As for who did it? After being over there and seeing some of the sites it could have been any number of people.

*Takes a seat where she can keep an eye on who comes in and out of the Inn.*

Looks like I'll sit here and wait for him for he wanted to discuss a few things with me.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

*Korrigan sees Aurora's concern and can tell from her actions that she knows what she's doing. Acknowledging that, he lets his guard down.*

"Poke and prod if you like, lass. I was told that this thing could be passed through blood, and I've been doing a lot of bleeding. I don't want somebody here catching this horrid thing, but if you've got a mind to, feel free to have a look."

*Letting her examine him, Korrigan takes off his hat. Now in the light, she can see that his eyes are watering and his face looks pale.*
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Listening to what Korrigan has to say Aurora carefully takes a look to avoid any blood contact on her skin. She notices his eyes and then recalls how Zyth look as well.*

I'd seriously see if Eilonwy and the others can help you. I don't know how far Zyth got in this cave of Blight he and the others went to.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

The door to the inn opens and Esmerelda troops in surrounded by several of her small friends, all carrying armfuls of early dropped leaves. She gestures towards one of the tables in the corner and they deposit them there. Smiling happily, she tells them, "These should help make wonderful decorations for the fall festival! Thank you so much for your assistance. Let me get a needle and thread and we can start to string them together."

On her way to her room, she pokes a head into Korrigan's room, seeing the door ajar. Seeing Aurora in there, she nods in greeting and directs a concerned look at Korrigan.

"Can I get you anything, Korrigan? We've been lost without you on the lawn, drink in hand."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora looks up and notices Esmerelda.*

When you have a moment I need to speak to you in private. As for right now, got a place I can wash my hands. I was careful checking Korrigan out, but I want to wash them before I do anything else just to be on the safe side.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum enters the Inn obviously frustrated*
You know, for nearly 8 years I've done my best to try and hold this town together without bloodshed amongst the towns members. And each and every one of the bastards that I kept alive when people were calling for their heads never even knew or appreciated it. Truthfully I think Arthos is the ONLY one I ever told just how many times I saved his life. If that damned dark elf is right about one thing it's that I made that mistake too many times. I am done with that for sure, I hope he enjoys the consequences of that. The arrogant fool is the worst of all, I had his life in my hands to leagally do with as I wished and I spared it.

Anyway, Aurora, if you would, I'd like to hear about what happened in Avengard.

*To Korrigan*
Can the Sylvani do anything else for you? It looks like you are worse off than before.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda nods at Aurora. "When it's convenient for you, we can talk. As for washing up, probably in the bath house. Just don't wash up in the kitchen!" she says mock chidingly.

As soon as Atrum's voice can be heard, her whole face lights up. When he comes into Korrigan's room, she gives him a quick hug and then goes back to awaiting Korrigan's reply.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"