Poison, Florentine, Interogator, and Impale

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Poison, Florentine, Interogator, and Impale

Post by Ark »

the poison potion describes how to make them but not how to use them, can you coat a weapon with a vile of poison like an assassin, does that last all combat or for one strike?

Might as well ask while im at it, the interogators interogate skill says when you interogate a person to 0 they have to answer a question truthfully, now can you start Int. at any life or at there total? EX: bob has 7 life, you hit him for 6 then interogate the last point, saving MUCH time.

Also to inplant suggestion you need to interoge a target and inplant while they are at 0, could you do this useing the method described above?

and finaly inpale, i find it interesting that this is the only skill besides weapon focus that requires a specific weapon, i feel as long as it sticks to the rules of Blunt=Crush, Blades=Vorpal, that only weapon focus should require a specific weapon, i would really like to use this skill but i dont ever want to use a pike, i dont get why you cant stab people with a sword only a spear?
Last edited by Ark on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Poison, Florentine, Interogator, and Impale

Post by Zaire »

Ark wrote:
Florentine says you can weild a weapon in one hand and a smaller in the other, why cant i use both weapons in one hand? :wink: It seems hard but i was messing around and found this to be quite fun.
Florentine - This refers to an alternative Renaissance style in which the swordsman would fight with a Rapier in each hand. This is also known as Case Rapiers, referring to the practice of carrying the two rapiers in a wooden case rather than in scabbards.

Fighting with two weapons in one hand is just plain dumb.
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

well i was holding one facing down and the other up, giving me a "darth maul" effect, and then when i fought two people i switched back to normal, it was my spear i could snap in half. but yeah thats not really inportant so i will edit that out, need responses on the rest though
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

only an assassin may poison weapons, and they don't need a potion to do it. The poison potion's only use is be consumed.
Travis Cole
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Thank you very inlightning, next ones please.
Zydana
GM

Post by Zydana »

Rulebook page 46 wrote: It takes 5 minutes per life point the target has in order to interrogate a person or monster. The Interrogator must spend time equal to the max life point total of the target, not the current total.
So no, bashing on your target to lower the lifepoints will not make the time spent doing this skill any less.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Wow that kinda sucks, the only way to be a good interogator is to be a healer...?
Well thank you for the info everyone, that just leaves inpale
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

impale? whats to know? when the pointy end goes in them then their impaled.

let me break it down into java script terms for all the techheads

if:you=shanked
then:impaled.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Re: Poison, Florentine, Interogator, and Impale

Post by Ark »

Ark wrote: and finaly inpale, i find it interesting that this is the only skill besides weapon focus that requires a specific weapon, i feel as long as it sticks to the rules of Blunt=Crush, Blades=Vorpal, that only weapon focus should require a specific weapon, i would really like to use this skill but i dont ever want to use a pike, i dont get why you cant stab people with a sword only a spear?
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

maybe the skill implies that you get splinters from the spear and thats how it actually works.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

I'm honestly with Ark here. At first I was all "Well it's pikeman....you have to use pike." but the truth is the discipline name is largly irrelevant. Unless there is some mechanically balancing reason for not having impale work with any blade, I'd say see about changing it on the off season.

"this is in no way official."

I think your on to something here, unless there is something i'm missing.(which is very likely.)
Travis Cole
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Because polearms were meant to impale mounts and people. Additionally, polearms have a severe disadvantage in LARP. And lastly, because it's a different skill, it adds a little variety instead of just stacking +1 damage to another type of weapon.

As far as any bladed weapon I don't agree. Polearms have much more weight behind them and that was their function, they were built to skewer someone. Swords have far less weight, they have slashing edges and they are balanced for swinging in a fight. Besides then you have to get into types of swords or bladed weapons. Can you do it with a dagger? Can you do it with a curved blade? There is absolutely no way that any person with a bladed weapon should be able to do 5 vorpal.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I agree with Erik. The skill impale is balanced out by the limitations of the phys-rep. It is a mechanical way to make spears a little better.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Zeira
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zeira »

Hey...the pike dosn't suck... :cry:
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Spears, daggers, swords, clubs, all have advantages and disadvantages, if you know how to use a spear you could own 1 on 1 combat, my brothere kicked my ass with one, but if you get around it you have them, wich if your a good pikeman should never happen, and if it does.."PRESS BACK!"

But as there is a way to do 5 vorpal with a sword out there im pretty sure that means if you changed it to all bladed weapons it wouldnt make that big of an impact,

15 sec. eqauls
5 vorpal
5 crush