FeedBack from Players Desired- New Advanced Rules discussion

General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

Side note on evade. If you have a charge skill active, would you not loose the charge if you used the evade skill to counter an attack?
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

How about:

Evade
It takes a 60 count to charge up the evade skill (considered to be under the effects of a charged skill when charging). Once charged, the skill becomes passive and the user will not loss the charged evade skill if struck. The player can expend the charged evade skill to ingore any melee or ranged attack or effect. Expending an Evade is considered a disruption and any charged or charging skills are lost. Evade can not be used to ignore a mass or triangulated effect.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Small simplifying tweak: "Evade can not be used to ignore an area effect."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I would like them to be able to use it to evade a lash which is a mass effect...hmmm maybe:

Evade
It takes a 60 count to charge up the evade skill (considered to be under the effects of a charged skill when charging). Once charged, the skill becomes passive and the user will not loss the charged evade skill if struck. The player can expend the charged evade skill to ingore any melee or ranged attack or effect. Expending an Evade is considered a disruption and any charged or charging skills are lost. Evade can not be used to ignore an area effect except "Lash".
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Another option we could do is allow them to evade a mass effect but make it count as an Empiracal enchantment like a sage buff.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

So I have heard this idea from multiple people...

Perk "Hidden Charge" - When charging an ability that requires you to have your hand above your head, you may instead charge it with your hand down.
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

I like that idea, but I feel as if it should have a minor set back. Like it takes twice as long to charge, due to the fact that you are producing the energy at a slower rate to not draw attention to yourself.
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Gabrial wrote:I like that idea, but I feel as if it should have a minor set back. Like it takes twice as long to charge, due to the fact that you are producing the energy at a slower rate to not draw attention to yourself.
WOW, seeing as these are suposed to be bonuses and that offers no mechanical advantage i dont think it should be hindered, at least not as extreme as double the time, that means if you want to hide a 30 boom it takes 2 minutes to charge
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

You don't think it's a huge bonus to be able to hide the fact that you are charging a 30 magic? It completely gets rid of the disadvantage of needing to stand still, since your target doesn't know he's a target.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

I guess i cant really comment as i havnt seen it in action, same can be said for most of the advanced rules i supose, but still to double the count on one of the longest charge skills seems a little harsh
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Taki
Town Member
Town Member

Post by GM-Taki »

Ark wrote:
Gabrial wrote:I like that idea, but I feel as if it should have a minor set back. Like it takes twice as long to charge, due to the fact that you are producing the energy at a slower rate to not draw attention to yourself.
WOW, seeing as these are suposed to be bonuses and that offers no mechanical advantage i dont think it should be hindered, at least not as extreme as double the time, that means if you want to hide a 30 boom it takes 2 minutes to charge
I would take that perk in a hot second.
GM-Taki - Final Haven GM, Winter Haven GM, Editor of the Rulebook Project.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

So something like this....

Perk "Hidden Charge" - When charging an ability that requires you to have your hand above your head, you may instead charge it with your hand down. Due to the care in charging so as not to be noticed this doubles the time it takes to charge your ability.
cole45
Town Member
Town Member

Post by cole45 »

Touch of death can do it.

You could limit it to non thirthys or something.
Travis Cole
Gabrial
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Gabrial »

I think that perk is good now. It gives you a huge advantage but evens itself out with a longer charge time. Sure it might be a longer time to charge a 30 magic, but no one knows you are charging it.

Another Perk along those lines would be a packetless charge. Some thing along the lines of...

"You may charge a packet driven skill without the packet being in hand."

Thoughts?
Sometimes you need to see the world in a different way...
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

i dont know if anyone has mentioned this or not, since i didnt exactly follow this discussion that closely, but i think the improved rage should just increase what the regular rage does, instead of letting you do whatever you want when you rage, it dumbs down the background of rage if it has not negative effects and you can now deal extra damage, hell, id just rage all the time for no reason whatsoever.