FeedBack from Players Desired- New Advanced Rules discussion

dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

The two disrupt would cause issues with combat as it affects a basic rule of the game rather than a skill. Your opponents would have to wonder whether you had the skill or forgot or didn't hear the call / hit.

Sticking to modifying the actual skills a discipline already has makes more sense.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

dier_cire wrote:Sticking to modifying the actual skills a discipline already has makes more sense.
Agreed
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

So an instant Cure poison is broken, but a 5 second 10 lash is not?

Now I like the idea of Rogues being able to set Traps in Combat, but that is what Hero points are for.. I would be vaery against a 5 sec. set Trap. Now maybe spend a LP and 5 Sec. to Diasarm a trap might be better.

I can get behind Wayne's idea.. although 1. it is sort of reduntant to say in the skill that people cannot use thier skills while being cured of poison as they could not anyway via the Poison rules? Might cause some comfusion if people read that before "Poison".. I have seen that happen. Also I would bring the Combat Cure Poison down the 1 LP if it is a 30 Second count.. But otherwise I can get behind it.
Now would you like to do something similar to Cure Disease as well or is that skill Broken as well?

Also if we playtest these skills next year, I would still like to leave the possibilty of 2 LP Instant Cure to be playtested for power, I am still of the opinion it would be fine - but if seen as too powerful then Wayne's idea is a good middleground.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

it is sort of reduntant to say in the skill that people cannot use thier skills while being cured of poison as they could not anyway via the Poison rules?
Its not Redundent, it is Thorough
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Ok thorough... who am I to fight with thoroughness...

Also as for Rogue defensive skills.. i am at a loss for now excpet for what I have for Improved Avoid Trap.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

What if they can "Counter" a trap instead of just avoiding the damage. So, anyone else in the way is spared from the damage as well.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

The Counter skill sounds interesting, bt even more situational than the Lash resist skill.. How about adding both of them to Improved Avoid Trap?

Improved Avoid Trap - Through their advanced knowledge a character with this skill may now spend 1 Lp to resist any Lask attack, as well as they may spend 1 LP when struck by a trap to negate the damage of the trap for all others that would take damage from it.

Also I have had some time to think about it at work tonight, and I definetly would push for the 2 LP Improved Cure Disease, and Improved Cure Poison skills to be tested and keep Wayne's idea as a secondary if somehow the other ones are found to be over-powered.
General Maximus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by General Maximus »

I would treat cure posion and disease the same. the only difference is cure posion takes 2 life and cure disease costs 1 life.

Maybe 5 secs is to quick but the issue with setting traps is you need something that makes a buzzing sound (aka the equipment) and than a way to trigger the trap. It will take you longer than a 5 count to get it all setup anyhow.
Than when it is triggered, you have the great chance of hurting your friends.
The only way I see quick traps working is if you have the proper equipment. You need the ability to drop the traps quickly and than back off to a safe distance and than trigger the trap. I'm thinking walkie's would work good.

Now, in the current rules a master rouge could set a trap, stand over it and when a group of badies come, they can be the buzzer and do 10 lash to them. The question is, how cheeze is that? This allows a rouge to have a 10 lash for a 1 minute count which can not be moved. If this ok to do, than the 5 sec count is wayt o powerful. But if you have to drop equipment, than it would not be to bad. maybe a 10 or 15 count. It all depends what you can do with the trap skill.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

The counter for others thing is how master used to work that got nixed, probably because it causes a rewind for other people. " *Buzzz* AAARRRGGHHHHHH Wait I'm a master rogue, none of you take that damage. "

Drop equipment or not 5 or 10 seconds for a 10 lash trap is WAY WAY too much. Although I would certainly like to see a way to do traps that doesn't suck (my opinion only) I'd love it. Unfortunately it's just not gonna happen.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

The counter for others thing is how master used to work that got nixed, probably because it causes a rewind for other people. " *Buzzz* AAARRRGGHHHHHH Wait I'm a master rogue, none of you take that damage. "
That is a very good point. So any other ideas?
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
celegar
Town Member
Town Member

Post by celegar »

i think these are really good ideas, of course they are going to need a bit of tweeking, but having this system makes a player, much like myself, feel like there is still room for major advancement past lvl 20, whereas if this wasnt the case, i would just play a character for 5 events then switch because at that point your pretty much as good as your going to get.
Zaire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Zaire »

It would be easier to come up with a skill for Improved Avoid Traps if Avoid Traps weren't so all inclusive.

Change Avoid Traps so it costs a LP.

The have Improved Avoid Traps not cost a LP.

just saying....
To avoid the confusion you may call me....

Stark
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Saying make one of the rarely useful skills weaker so you can give it back with a just as rarely useful advanced skill? :wink:
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Personally I don't see the rewind issue being too big a deal from my experiences with Traps.. as rare as they are, and now that Lash is only 5 feet.. you might get at best 3or 4 characters along with the Rogue if you are dang lucky and if the Rogue has this skill, that means he has been playing a very long time so should be right on the LP expenditure (if the character wants to).. and letting the people in the trap radius know they do not take the damage.(thanks to that character of course, so he can now take a bow)..haha
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

Why not give rogues a buff that allow them to give out a resist trap buff :)
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them