Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I so agree with Eric! KISS all the way!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Atrum Draconus wrote:Even simpler rule, if it's thrown it's ranged if it's not it's melee. Any other way is ridiculously stupid.
Except that's exactly how you get to 30 magic vorpal.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Thats why they changed the fist rules. You don't get to stab someone with an arrow and then say it's ranged so you can't parry, that's just dumb no matter how you slice it. And just like the other thread you can't expect other people to know how your skills work.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
GM-Mike
GM

Post by GM-Mike »

I believe what Reid is saying is that you only have to know how your own skills work. If you are hit with a melee weapon, you can parry, with a packet you can't. If you are swinging crush, you take vorpal damage, no matter what armor you have on. If you are using a ranged attack via a fist, don't manipulate them with melee skills like touch of death. We just changed the rule to clarify anyway, but I think this is all he is saying, not that everyone else needs to know how your skills work.
Rhul
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Rhul »

If I was to stab someone with an arrow, I would fully expect it to be taken as a melee attack, and be parried accordingly if possible. I might not even give it a vorpal addendum either, just "1". (I would probably only be doing such an attack in an emergency and as thus it would be highly situational, anyway)