Wield Fist Clairification

Need help? Others (may) have answers!

Moderator: Admin

Adam
Town Member
Town Member

Wield Fist Clairification

Post by Adam »

So, hypothetically, if one could split a channel, and one had Ambidexterity, one could swing the channel for magic with each fist?
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Yuo took away the mage assassin combo, you monsters :D i guess it is powerfull but its a long count (1 min), you can get off 9 vorpals faster
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Well, considering it was intended that the end result is melee, not that you can convert ranged to melee, then add on melee. Since you can always throw a channel (whether you have a fist or not) adding vorpal or posion, etc doesn't make sense.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
GM_Chris
GM

Post by GM_Chris »

FYI why wasn't this combo explained when asking for the ability to channel through fists?

You see a combo, you can tell it is powerful, and then instead of explaining the entire combo a person only asks about channeling through a fist.

Second:

How many times does the attack get dissrupted? I mean it takes 90 seonds to pull off a 15 vorpal, 18 if an elf, and you have to be able to get a clean hit. I mean if you swing your first and your first or any part of you is touched before you finish the call then it is wasted and once again must wait 90 seconds.
Chris
I be one of the gamemasters so e-mail me questions if you have them
WayneO42
GM

Re: Wield Fist Clairification

Post by WayneO42 »

Adam wrote:So, hypothetically, if one could split a channel, and one had Ambidexterity, one could swing the channel for magic with each fist?
I would say that is a correct assumption. If you are disrupted though, the channels in both hands go away.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

You really can't blame people if they asked. You can't expect that everyone is going to question whether or not they should be able to do something if without any cheese weaseling or open interpretation of the rules it says they can. They can only assume you know the rules and possibilities. If you don't then when they ask about ask them why they are asking and what they plan on doing.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Actually, it takes some level of cheese weaseling to arrive at vorpal works with channel. A ranged skill delivered via melee does not equal a melee skill.

However, this does point out that the bow skill can be used to deal continous "1 vorpal" with a fist (and a bow in the other hand)... :shock:

At any rate, my whole opinion on the skills is:
If you find a hole, tell the GMs about it, and if allowed use it yourself and don't tell anyone, fine. However, if you find a hole, tell your friends, abuse it, and don't tell the GMs till later, if at all, then you, your friends, and your characters are all fucked.
My posts in no way reflect that of anyone else nor are they in any way official.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Protect your nuts, cause I'm so gonna roshambo you. :twisted:
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

I go first. :)
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

Actually they could not do Continous "1 vorpal", there is a 10 second count between each swing. since if you are using a packet to "shoot" a bow it takes at least a 10 second count to do it.

As for when they first made the whole a packet driven skill can be delivered through the fist.. I immediatley thought of Empath/Assassin and assumed that it was the primary thought of the GM's.. since it would be nasty, but also as Chris said a long charge time, with a fist and it also becomes melee which means it has the possibilty of being parried and the like.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

no, since the simple fact is, it's not melee. I mean you couldn't decide after charging the vorpal to throw it and get the vorpal bonus. No where in the description does it say it becomes melee for skill purposes.

The reason it's melee on the defense side is only becuase the person has no idea what you are using. There is no difference to target whether you hit them with a boom or a magic critical strike.

Good point on the 10 count, forgot about that. I knew I looked at archer when working on that skill and was confused what I had missed.
Ark
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Ark »

Okay my bad on the whole 15 vorpal magic, wich Chris is a 60 count, the idea was explained to me by someone who talked to a GM and got the okay to do it, and it only got used during one battle, shortist combo in history, sigh.
If it storms or snows, or the sun smiles on us. The day burning hot, or ice cold of night. Dusty are our faces, but joyful are our minds! - Panzerlied
Brian: Do not respond, quote, argue, debate, or try to start a conversation about anything I say or post, directly or indirectly, specifically or implicitly. At the very least I will consider it stalking, and going further consider it harassing, belittling, demeaning, mocking, or insulting. I will immediately report it as such and push to request that your forum privileges be at least suspended or terminated, and going further request your LARP attendance privileges be suspended or terminated as per the Final Haven Code of Conduct. this is your notice and warning.
If you have an opinion on something I say, or a particular topic, but would prefer to keep your opinion private (or complain) then CLICK HERE! to send a private message to GM-Mike the head GM and let him know.
GM-Phil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by GM-Phil »

I know if I am playing, and someone hits me with a physrep in a melee manner, i am going to assume it is melee.. that is the definition of melee..

I remember one time we were fighting NPC's that were throwing packets of 30 Crush Knockout.. *ugh*.. and Travis came up to me and hit me in a melee way with a packet (IE he never let go just pushed it against me).. I said Parry.. and he gave me a quizzical look.. took 2 steps back and threw the packet.. after which i promptly fell down.. But the reason I bring this up, is if someone touches me with a weapon or something like that in a melee manner.. I will use my melee resistant skills as that is what it appears to be.

And to me no matter what the skill states it is.. delivery is what makes an attack melee or ranged.. You can stab me with an arrow.. but that does not make it a ranged attack.
dier_cire
Town Member
Town Member

Post by dier_cire »

Aidan_Mcpryde wrote:And to me no matter what the skill states it is.. delivery is what makes an attack melee or ranged.. You can stab me with an arrow.. but that does not make it a ranged attack.
For the purposes of skills that the guy who hit you can use, it does. :)

Simple rule, if at any time you can use the thing you are going to hit the person with as a ranged attack, it's a ranged attack.
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

Even simpler rule, if it's thrown it's ranged if it's not it's melee. Any other way is ridiculously stupid.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!