The Belltower

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

The look Vaun gave Atrum was unreadable, but her eyes were dark. She turned away from him in silence, standing beside Abbadon. "We have our own paths to see to." With a silent sweep of her skirts, she left.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

The seer stares at Atrum's arm as though uncertain what to do with it, expression bemused. There is a glance at Vaun and a furrowing to the brows. Then a sigh and a shrug.

"Lead on."
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Watching Vaun's reaction, a concerned look crosses Esmerelda's face. After Vaun leaves, Esmerelda slowly crosses over and takes Atrum's other arm after giving him a stern, searching look.

"Damage control it is. Good thing I got lots of practice at the ruins," she mutters under her breath as they head out.
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Looks over at Esmerelda and the trio leaving*

If my Uncle isn't available, you may need someone along who the people around here know of to help ease tension...if you need assistance I'll either be with the Gendarmen, seeing if I can find any clues, or around here.

*Looks at Abaddon*

So, any other ideas of where to look right away? I still like the idea I came up with but we can discuss it later.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Atrum looks over his shoulder*

Aurora, I've known Sylas ever since I came to Haven and from what I know of Galen, going to him hiding behind Mohdri is not the way to approach him. Eilonwy is a Campbell, which should at least insure we get an audience. Esmerelda is leader of our people and can speak for us. I'm just going to make sure they get there and back and to advise our leader. If anyone else wants to go you are welcome, but I would think that finding as much information as possible is of utmost importance.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"We know the Dwarves had nothing to do with it. This isn't their style and we made known that we would turn it over if asked. I currently suspect The RED TEAR took it, to twist it. The bell woke dragons, and maybe they will corrupt it to wake Regis Mortis. "
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Aurora stops dead in her tracks*

Regis Mortis...I will do whatever is on my power to stop that. He cannot be released on the world again.

*Aurora looks at Atrum.*

Well smoothing things over with the Gendarmen and all is just as important as the bell. I will go and see if I can come up with a few more angles on how to recover the missing bell you don't need to worry about that. The more I think about it, the more I think calling in a favor or two might be the way to go.

*She pauses*

Sure Eilonwy can help, but in a sense and out of all due respect Mr. Atrum, none of you have lived here and bled with these people or served time with the Gendarmen. I was offering to assist in smoothing things over since I've at least lived among them and some people like Mr. Argus seem to like me well enough. Not to mention I didn't know if my Uncle would be able to assist you all so I would be willing to go in his place.

But hey, your call. I was only trying to help you all out. Pretty words only go so far around here. As they say, actions speak louder then words.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Why don't aurora and Eilonwy both go. Each will add a certain something to smooth over. Meanwhile, the rest of us need to study the scene of the crime."
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

With all due respect, I think Aurora is our best chance of smoothing over things with the Gendarmen. Having her go along with us will only put one more person there that Galen will know. How much difference will that really make? However, with the Gendarmen she is our ONLY link to them.

And I assure you Aurora, I didn't get to be known for my words.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*She looks that the two men carefully with her green eyes. She turns her attention to Atrum once again.*

Neither did I Mr. Atrum, neither did I.

I'll be talking to Captain Inarian soon enough for I'm going to need his permission to carry out a plan I have. If anything is mentionrd I'll let you all know.
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid appears lost in thought while occasionally looking around.

"The Bell might still have been teleported out some time ago - all traces of the spell having disapated. However, there are other ways, of course. It may have been shunk and carried out in a pocket or pouch. But that would still require someone to enter and leave the tower."

"Surely if some sign of entry other than by the door existed, Aurora would have found it. Surely no one tunnelled in through the floor, walls, or ceiling."

"Charming the guards would be of little use unless one could access the door. A master thief equipped with a shrink spell might succeed."

"Abaddon, is the door assured to be unbreachable save through use of the key?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

It could penitrated by a thief spending ALOT of time, alot of magic and alot of resources to get in. It would take at LEAST 8 hours to pick just the lock, let alone the wards we had securing it.
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"If there are not other questions, I would like to move this discussion down stairs. You can access this room as much as you need to." Abaddon says, his eyes dark.
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Waits for others to follow Abaddon and then leaves the area last.*
Aurora Darksbane

Caldonian Genderman
Malachi
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Malachi »

Malachi is leaning against the wall outside the bell tower as Aurora exits, his eyes closed and his head down.

"More problems, eh? Seems to me it'd be a little more difficult to break into this place."

He raises his head and looks at her.

"Are you sure you don't have a spy in your midst? Might be something to look into."

He begins to walk away, and stops just shy of the door.

"Might be something that can save some lives. I'll be around. Let me know if you need any help."

His gaze moves from Aurora to to members of the House of Chance.

"That goes for any of you."

He turns and leaves the House of Chance.
Malachi Vandire - Deceased
Solomon Feir

Scott Smith