The Belltower

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

The Belltower

Post by Abaddon »

Abaddon leads the group through the house of chance. Approaches the Door, and slips and old metallic key into the large bkack door. It opens with a creak. Inside is a tall tower filled with resources, and storage. It spirals towards the top.

"Here."
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

Dallid senses for traces of magic before the Bell Tower, at it's entry door, and, upon reaching the top, the space the bell formerly occuplied. He looks for signs as to how the bell was removed and moved.
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

No traces of magic. It looks as if the bell was simply removed from its chains and carried off.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member
Location: Look over your shoulder... better yet... just keep your eyes forward.

Post by Atrum Draconus »

And noone went in or out of that door the entire time you all have been gone, I don't know how someone got in there, took the bell and left with it without making noise or going in through the door.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
Hand of King Chimeron Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*After about a half hour later Aurora comes out of the woods around the House of Chance. She looks at Abaddon.*

I talked to my contacts in the Gendarman. They sware up and down that they saw no group large enough Near the House of Chance big enough to carry the bell moving in or out of the area while we were away.

I also took a look at the area surrounding the House Abaddon and I do not see any trails to suggest something the size of the bell had been moved through here. Naturally someone could have covered the tracks and if I can get a group of scouts together maybe we can find a trace of it.

Has anyone been in the bell tower yet, because I want to see if I can see something that normally people would miss just looking at the place.

*She looks at him*

That is if you do not mind me taking charge and looking around? Sorry I don't know who is leading this thing...I'm just trying to see what all I can find out.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"This is an act of war against the entire town. Go ahead and look. The bell took at least 4 people to move, 8 to move quicky. It was nearly eight feet tall and weight in the thousands of pounds. The tower is sealed from the outside, they could not have flown. "
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Goes inside the bell tower and takes a look around using spot to see if there is anything unusual about things.*

OOG note: Aurora has a light source on her that if she needs to use it she can so she can investigate.
Last edited by Aurora on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Might a gargoyal or two have carred the bell? Would they be strong enough to fly with it?"
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun, properly contrite now, asked softly, "Who was responcible for the guarding of the Bell while Galen sent you on this other arrend?"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

The dwarves of course, I almost knocked a few of them out and went inside. But I was trying to be "accomodating" to our host. But getting them to admit they made a mistake is like...*glances at Abbadon* it's a hard task at the least.
*Snickers*
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

Catching up after briefly tailing Argus, the youth flushes at Atrum's words. Mutters, "I still say we save the blame for the thief..." Looks around for Esmerelda, hoping they might gain some insight if any can be found their way while the scouts do their thing.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"I agree. The thief put us all in danger. And we will root them out. Since it must have been the people who stole our key, a simple search should reveal it.

Gargoyles, maybe, but the top of the belltower does not open to the outside air for that very reason.

"
Atrum Draconus
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Atrum Draconus »

*Chuckles*
I'm not laying blame at anyones feet other than my own. I SHOULD have been inside of there and damned be to politics. All I'm saying is that we will get blamed for this by the dwarves even though there was no way we could have stopped it and no way to know that they would be so incompetent as not to post gaurds inside the bell tower.
Atrum Draconus
House Draconus
ANNOSUS DRACONUS!
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Also walking up after a fruitless conversation with Argus, Esmerelda nods at the seer. Pulling her cards out of pack, she asks, "She we look for insight, my friend?"
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"And that we were asked to go on a personal mission for the King HIMSELF. Indeed, they promised to see to our things."