New Lawgiver

A cold bed and a warm ale. Blood stains the walls, but it looks like the Bar Keep is standing...for once.

Moderator: Admin

Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

New Lawgiver

Post by Abaddon »

The old Valkyn'vi steps into the Tavern looking around. He is calm, and quiet.

"I am to understand that Lord Modhri is stepping down as Law Keeper? If this is true, I have a few suggestions, I think we can all agree on. Fin and Aurora for one. "
"I would only teach them Necromancy as part of a balanced breakfast."
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

*Argus steps into the inn and past Abaddon.*

I believe Aurora would be an excellent choice. She has the background of a Gendarman and the respect of the Caledonian people.

As soon as you have a lawkeper chosen, I need to speak with them. There has been a crime commited and we need answers. If not sorted out correctly, it could upset local politics greatly.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Frag the weak, Hurdle the dead!
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"What kind of crime?" Abaddon says.
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

I have been informed by a servant of the house of chance that the Dwarven Bell has been stolen while you were all away. Even now, news of it is rushing up the mountain to the Dwarves. They will not be happy. They will want answers and they will want them now. King Galen stuck his neck out to convince the dwarves that the bell should not be taken from Firach Haen by force. He convinced them that it would be safe here. Now it is gone and he looks the fool. King Galen is angry, very angry. Mark my words, someone will pay for this and it wont be he.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Come again." Abaddon says, his eyes dark. He grips his staff with near panic.

"We are promised the Bell would be safe."
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

Esmerelda stands up.

"I would have to disagree on Aurora. Too many times I have seen her lose her cool. And at the ruins she did not seem.... herself... at times. She also still strikes me as more of a follower than a leader, and I believe we need a strong leader in our law enforcement. While I think she might make a good second, I do not feel enough confident in her to put her completely in charge."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun's voice was cold, though held a false lightness to it as she spoke from a table in the shadows where she had set out an array of cards for the Telling.

"Mad? They will be mad?" She looked up, her red eyes dark. "Was it they who assembled the bell? Was it they who toiled and sacrificed to bring it together to destroy the Betrayer? What right have they to be angry about anything! If it were not for the folk of the House of Chance, there would be no bell to begin with!"

She swept up the cards, seemingly annoyed with whatever they told her. "You know my every breath is in your service when it comes to that bell, Abbadon. Tell me what you would have me do."
Abaddon
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Abaddon »

"Esmerelda, I agree. Hense my suggestion of Fin. His command at the field was perfect."

"Who ever stole this Bell, knew we would be gone. This is an act of war by corbyn himself. He is the only one who fears it. "
Esmerelda
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Esmerelda »

OOG- Damn time lag, that bell stuff was not up when I wrote my prior post.

"King Galen is mad? How are we at fault when we were on a mission to rescue HIS people! We were not even here when the bell was stolen, the fault does not lie with us. You can be assured, however, that we WILL be getting it back."
Lady Esmerelda Harrison,
Queen of the Kingdom of Haven

"What if in order to save everything you hold dear, you have to become everything you hate?"
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

Do not raise my ire mage-ling. I am the only friend this place has at the moment. I would not try to shift blame onto the Gendarm if I were you.
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite
Dallid
Deceased

Post by Dallid »

"Let us have a look at the bell tower. I cannot think of a better place to begin looking for answers."
Learn the past. Observe the present. Guide the future.
Eilonwy
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Eilonwy »

"The blame lies on the thief. Plain and simple." The youth scowls out a window, having until now been lurking silently. Nodding at Dallid's suggestion, the seer rises. "We should have a look, law-enforcer chosen yet or not."
Last edited by Eilonwy on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
E. E. Nightshade of Clan Campbell
Sunny
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Sunny »

Vaun laughed. "Mage-ling? Hardly." Though, with her less than five feet of height, she looked little more than a child, she didn't seem to realize the fact. "I've been alive longer than your kingdom has existed, your ire does not frighten me."

She sighed, and seemed to realize she was being a bitch. The fire dies down in her eyes, though she still looked tense. "I do not shift blame, merely point out that they have little right to be angry." She went and sat beside the Valkin'vi. "I second Abbadon's statement. This Galen can little blame those he sent to rescue his kin."

Off the topic of the bell, she added, "I second Fin. I have seen him in many a battle, and I know him to be of sound mind and strong ability. He will not fail you."
Aurora
Town Member
Town Member

Post by Aurora »

*Walking in quietly and overhearing the part about the bell and the situation developing between the Caldeonian and Vaun.*

Mr. Argus Sir. *She smiles at him in a reassuring manner to attempt to ease tension.* Hey, hey it's alright. Lady Vaun is just understandably upset about the bell missing just as King Galen is. Can you tell me what all you know about things and who all around here might have seen anything unusual going on around the House of Chance while we were gone.

*Turns to Abaddon*

Could you show me where the bell was stored so I can take a *she pauses* a closer look around and see if they might have left any clues. If the ground still hold any tracks I'll see if there is anything unusual leading away from the House. A few other scouts looking with me might be a good idea.

*Addresses the room.*

I'm going see if I can find anything. Whomever is going to be in charge of law and all around here I'll report my findings to them. Fin's away to the north for awhile and won't be returning until late next moon or early the one after that. I know he'll be back in time for the games.
Aurora Darksbane

Mage Hunter of the Old Code
Caldonian Genderman
WayneO42
GM

Post by WayneO42 »

*Argus Completely ignores Aurora and focuses on Vaun*

You are right...Perhaps the King has done too much for you. You are all officially on your own. Good Day

*Argus storms out of the inn*
Wayne O
The Game Master Lite